Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Clarkson back on the Beeb.?  (Read 2567 times)

Jusme

• Omega Knight
  • North Hykeham, Lincoln.
    • Lexus LS430
    • View Profile
Clarkson back on the Beeb.?
« on: 21 May 2015, 08:39:33 »

Or at least on the Chris Evans radio show this morning on BBC. He claims responsibility for the incident, and expresses his liking of working for the Beeb.. :-\
Under-steer is when the front of the car hits the wall, and over-steer is when the rear of the car hits the wall.
Power is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how much of the wall you take with you.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: Clarkson back on the Beeb.?
« Reply #1 on: 21 May 2015, 11:06:04 »

Given the Goverment's stance on the Royal Charter and them probably getting no rise in the license fee, they need Clarkson and Top Gear's money making train.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #2 on: 21 May 2015, 12:52:46 »

Heard him on the show, sounds as though he is doing very well big tour lined up for the team , I am certain he will return sometime , but does he need to financially ? Probably not.

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 May 2015, 15:09:22 »

Now that Hammond and May have announced that they will be leaving Top gear too, the BBC are obviously regretting their hasty action in sacking Clarkson and will soon try to woo him back to Top Gear - let's hope.
Strange that Clarkson says he likes working for the BBC now, considering what he said about them when he WAS working for them!

Ron.

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 May 2015, 21:22:19 »

I think that behind the scenes someone is paying him vast amounts to even appear before anyone like today . He only has himself to blame for his arrogance off screen  :(
Omegatitis

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21 May 2015, 23:44:40 »

Now that Hammond and May have announced that they will be leaving Top gear too, the BBC are obviously regretting their hasty action in sacking Clarkson and will soon try to woo him back to Top Gear - let's hope.
Strange that Clarkson says he likes working for the BBC now, considering what he said about them when he WAS working for them!

Ron.

I'm sure that the BBC are regretting the situation, but not their actions.  They had no choice.  ;)

I'm looking forward to the new Top Gear and hoping that the BBC are going to come up with a new improved version!  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22 May 2015, 09:26:02 »

Looking forward to some in depth road tests of affordable car's like they use to do .
Allegro being an example , not a £400,000 unaffordable one  ::)
Omegatitis

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 22 May 2015, 09:29:11 »

Looking forward to some in depth road tests of affordable car's like they use to do .

Not sure they've got enough pianos left to start reviewing old BL "classics". ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 22 May 2015, 10:04:49 »

Ron.

I'm sure that the BBC are regretting the situation, but not their actions.  They had no choice.  ;)

I'm looking forward to the new Top Gear and hoping that the BBC are going to come up with a new improved version!  :y

Current crop of rumours are:

Jodie Kidd, Philip Glenister & Guy Martin.

Think that could be interesting, perhaps motorbikes to be featured if Guy is in it? Jodie would need to come across a bit more 'fun' she is a bit dry in The Classic Car Show.

The Sheriff

« Reply #9 on: 22 May 2015, 15:06:46 »

Ron.

Think that could be interesting, perhaps motorbikes to be featured if Guy is in it? Jodie would need to come across a bit more 'fun' she is a bit dry in The Classic Car Show.
A good fingerin.................never mind. :-X

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 22 May 2015, 15:09:33 »

Ron.

A good fingerin.................never mind. :-X

In his best Harold Steptoe voice......" you diiirrrttyy old man" ;) ;D

The Sheriff

« Reply #11 on: 22 May 2015, 15:10:15 »

Oh yes......yes  ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 22 May 2015, 15:11:00 »

Not sure they've got enough pianos left to start reviewing old BL "classics". ::)

Ah...those were the days. The mighty Marina is sadly missed. :)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 22 May 2015, 17:49:54 »

I had you down as driving one of the well know pussy magnets, an Austin 1100 or even a Morris Minor, M'lud. :D :D :D
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 22 May 2015, 18:39:17 »

I had you down as driving one of the well know pussy magnets, an Austin 1100 or even a Morris Minor, M'lud. :D :D :D

I was a 'Marina Man' and my 1800TC Coupe in mustard with a hand painted black stripe down the bonnet certainly turned the ladies heads!  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.