Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Crank Sensor Failure  (Read 19208 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Crank Sensor Failure
« Reply #120 on: 01 July 2021, 16:37:44 »

Indeed, the one originally fitted didn't work properly... ;D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 01 July 2021, 16:56:40 »

Indeed, the one originally fitted didn't work properly... ;D

Eh?

It lasted 18 years ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 01 July 2021, 18:52:52 »

Sorted!! :D :D :y :y :y

New boxed Bosch crank sensor arrived today as planed from Autodoc in Germany  and it was the same as the Vx one, just with a Bosch stamp, in a Bosch box, correctly labeled, and made in Romania, in Bosch's ever expanding manufacturing facilities there.

Following to the letter the Maintenance Guide by Marks DTM I soon had the new sensor fitted and the engine fired up straight away.

All done now, straightforward job, and using a quality aftermarket part which actually is the same as the original. 8) 8) ;)

Be interesting to see how long it lasts - be it 1 day or 20 years just so people can make an informed choice.  :y

Genuine Bosch is available from plenty of authorised Bosch distributors in the UK - They can order the parts in directly, just need to ensure the packaging has the hologram on it.

I'm most disappointed that for all these years you don't appear to have been carrying a spare crank sensor in the boot....  ;D (That was a joke BTW!)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 01 July 2021, 19:02:58 »

It lasted 18 years ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D

It lasted well then. I replaced mine twice in the (10?) years I had the car. And both times it failed in the most inconvenient place .... once in the middle of 4 lanes of traffic at traffic lights while Mrs B was driving and the 2nd while towing, and there was snow on the ground.  ::)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 01 July 2021, 19:40:35 »

Sorted!! :D :D :y :y :y

New boxed Bosch crank sensor arrived today as planed from Autodoc in Germany  and it was the same as the Vx one, just with a Bosch stamp, in a Bosch box, correctly labeled, and made in Romania, in Bosch's ever expanding manufacturing facilities there.

Following to the letter the Maintenance Guide by Marks DTM I soon had the new sensor fitted and the engine fired up straight away.

All done now, straightforward job, and using a quality aftermarket part which actually is the same as the original. 8) 8) ;)

Be interesting to see how long it lasts - be it 1 day or 20 years just so people can make an informed choice.  :y

Genuine Bosch is available from plenty of authorised Bosch distributors in the UK - They can order the parts in directly, just need to ensure the packaging has the hologram on it.

I'm most disappointed that for all these years you don't appear to have been carrying a spare crank sensor in the boot....  ;D (That was a joke BTW!)

Yes, who knows.  I pay my money and make a choice, hoping that I do not have to worry again about it. But the same goes for the whole car; who knows how long it will last, or how long I will be prepared to pay the bills to keep it running.  Thank God though, as today again proves, I can still jack the car right up, do the main job and then go over the underside looking for any issues. As it was I had to just tighten up the oil filter cover as it was just showing signs of an oil dribble.

When I can no longer climb underneath the beast and enjoy it, I will give up driving or just give up the Omega!! ::) ::) ;D ;D

Yep, I am not one to drive around with spares in the boot, just tools.  That is all I have ever needed and as I do a fraction of the mileage I once did, I do not intend to change.  But I know that is against OOF mantra ;D ;D ;D ;)

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: 01 July 2021, 21:04:56 »

Yes, who knows.  I pay my money and make a choice, hoping that I do not have to worry again about it. But the same goes for the whole car; who knows how long it will last, or how long I will be prepared to pay the bills to keep it running.  Thank God though, as today again proves, I can still jack the car right up, do the main job and then go over the underside looking for any issues. As it was I had to just tighten up the oil filter cover as it was just showing signs of an oil dribble.

When I can no longer climb underneath the beast and enjoy it, I will give up driving or just give up the Omega!! ::) ::) ;D ;D

Yep, I am not one to drive around with spares in the boot, just tools.  That is all I have ever needed and as I do a fraction of the mileage I once did, I do not intend to change.  But I know that is against OOF mantra ;D ;D ;D ;)
Nooooooooooooooo, Lizzie - please tell us that you are joking?
The O-ring in the cap provides the seal (usually). The cap only needs to be done up to 15Nm (not very tight). Any tighter and your next topic will be about how the cannister span round and started leaking from the base when you tried to change the filter. (sometimes the cap becomes immovable despite not being done up tight  :-\)

I have had the o-ring weep on a newly fitted filter so I know they are fallible. When it happened to me I refitted the old O-ring & that remained oil tight until the next oil change.
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 01 July 2021, 21:16:14 »

Nooooooooooooooo, Lizzie - please tell us that you are joking?
The O-ring in the cap provides the seal (usually). The cap only needs to be done up to 15Nm (not very tight). Any tighter and your next topic will be about how the cannister span round and started leaking from the base when you tried to change the filter. (sometimes the cap becomes immovable despite not being done up tight  :-\)

I have had the o-ring weep on a newly fitted filter so I know they are fallible. When it happened to me I refitted the old O-ring & that remained oil tight until the next oil change.

Sorry to bother you give you the vapours Andy ;D ;D

No, do not worry, there was a 2mm gap between the filter body and the cap, so just turned the cap to only eliminate the gap, no more, which I must have left when I changed the filter the other month. Checked the torque and all now ok :D ;)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 01 July 2021, 22:16:23 »

They don't suddenly come loose.

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 01 July 2021, 22:39:50 »

I place an adjustable 'thumb screw' band type oil filter wrench round the main oil filter housing / body, positioned against something solid, just to prevent any possibilty of the the housing turning on removal of the filter cap. As with most screw on / spin on filters,  the cap always seems to be a lot tighter on removal than when fitted.
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 01 July 2021, 22:46:56 »

I place an adjustable 'thumb screw' band type oil filter wrench round the main oil filter housing / body, positioned against something solid, just to prevent any possibilty of the the housing turning on removal of the filter cap. As with most screw on / spin on filters,  the cap always seems to be a lot tighter on removal than when fitted.

In the dozen or so oil changes during the ownership of my V6 Omega I never ever had a problem with removing the cap just using a socket on the end of it ...  :-\

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 01 July 2021, 22:58:27 »

Same here, but then I do (usually) torque them to the correct figure. :y

Anyway, nine pages of talking about a lump of plastic with a wire sticking out one end must be a record.
We all need to get out more. Only 18days to go.  ::)
« Last Edit: 01 July 2021, 22:59:58 by Migv6 le Frog Fan »
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 01 July 2021, 23:03:12 »

Anyway, nine pages of talking about a lump of plastic with a wire sticking out one end must be a record.
You can't even think that, let alone say it :-X

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 01 July 2021, 23:09:15 »

Where yer goin, Albs, anywhere nice?  ;D
Diesel till I die

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 02 July 2021, 06:53:42 »

Never used a torque wrench ....  ::)

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 02 July 2021, 07:33:22 »

How many of us have TW’s down to 15nm? 8)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 19 queries.