Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: False Positives  (Read 1045 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
False Positives
« on: 28 June 2021, 10:46:56 »

I heard the other day that some school kids have worked out how to produce a positive result on their lateral flow tests using orange juice or coke, and then they all get sent home for 10 days!  ;D

This can't be true.  :-\  ::)  Can it?  :)  :D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
Re: False Positives
« Reply #1 on: 28 June 2021, 10:54:15 »

I heard the other day that some school kids have worked out how to produce a positive result on their lateral flow tests using orange juice or coke, and then they all get sent home for 10 days!  ;D

This can't be true.  :-\  ::)  Can it?  :)  :D
Yep. Public health Sheffield are well aware of all the stuff that can produce a positive result on a lateral flow test. But the meanies won't tell.... ;D
They should only get sent home until they take a proper test at a proper test centre which will, of course, come back negative.
Diesel till I die

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 June 2021, 11:05:18 »

Our eldest Grandson was doing really well at our local Grammar School until the Covid drama commenced, the lack of routine has changed him immensely nothing bad or that he could end up in trouble for but just a couldn't care less attitude, but I had to laugh when my daughter received an email from the head complaining about him farting in class & causing laughter amongst the pupils.
SWMBO thinks he's following far too closely in my footsteps.😄
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 June 2021, 11:06:15 »

Our eldest Grandson was doing really well at our local Grammar School until the Covid drama commenced, the lack of routine has changed him immensely nothing bad or that he could end up in trouble for but just a couldn't care less attitude, but I had to laugh when my daughter received an email from the head complaining about him farting in class & causing laughter amongst the pupils.
Nothing wrong with that  ;D
Diesel till I die

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28 June 2021, 11:21:11 »

Not plodding is he? ;D :y
Laying a rubber road.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 29 June 2021, 20:05:33 »

school kids have worked out how to produce a positive result on their lateral flow tests using orange juice or coke, and then they all get sent home for 10 days! 
I had to boil the kettle and shove a thermometer in there when I needed a day off school.  I did one day try to electrocute myself to et a day off, but it went a bit Pete Ton, and I to a lot loner off ;D. And still have the scar ;D
Grumpy old man

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 29 June 2021, 20:11:51 »

school kids have worked out how to produce a positive result on their lateral flow tests using orange juice or coke, and then they all get sent home for 10 days! 
I had to boil the kettle and shove a thermometer in there when I needed a day off school.  I did one day try to electrocute myself to et a day off, but it went a bit Pete Ton, and I to a lot loner off ;D. And still have the scar ;D

I would have got sent to school with a broken leg, with something like That'll be alright, you'll walk it off! ringing in my ears!  ::)  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 29 June 2021, 21:49:07 »

I would have got sent to school with a broken leg, with something like That'll be alright, you'll walk it off! ringing in my ears!  ::) ;D

I got half a term off with a broken leg. Which I did the day before I was supposed to start at the grammar school. I couldn't have walked it off, because I spent four of those weeks in bed, my leg up at 30degrees, with a weight hanging off the end.

Almost forty years years later, that leg is 20mm shorter than the other and it still hurts :-\
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 18 queries.