Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: F***ing stupid BBC  (Read 3389 times)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
F***ing stupid BBC
« on: 03 July 2021, 12:09:19 »

Top story on lunchtime news: people are facing the prospect of empty supermarket shelves because of a shortage of truck drivers. Cue the panic buying. Tossers.
Diesel till I die

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
Re: F***ing stupid BBC
« Reply #1 on: 03 July 2021, 12:40:16 »

Thick as shit, who’s side are they on ffs👀
Laying a rubber road.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 July 2021, 12:54:09 »

Heard about this last week, and could see this happening as you say Steve, BBC total stupid Fu**ers.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 July 2021, 13:46:50 »

I've come to despise the BBC for their relentless negativity.  ::)

A good example the other day was the news about the new battery plant at Nissan in Sunderland and I was listening to some commentator or other on R2 saying briefly that it was good news, but then spent most of his slot talking about uncertainty at Vauxhall's Ellesmere Port factory and that it might close and thousands of jobs would go.   ::)

The next day Vauxhall announce that they will invest hundreds of millions to build a new electric van at Ellesmere Port.  :y  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03 July 2021, 13:47:22 »

Yes, journalists generally will do anything for their story, including scarring the public into a panick >:( >:(

This is guaranteed to cause panic buying as the story spreads.

ITV carried a news item down here about recycling getting all mixed up together with general waste and going for incineration.  They said it could go on for weeks as there was that shortage of HGV drivers ::) ::) >:(

Bang goes the recycling targets as people give up on it all thanks to journalists.

Thank God they were kept controlled during WW2!! ::) ::) :o
« Last Edit: 03 July 2021, 13:50:04 by Lizzie Zoom »

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03 July 2021, 14:12:00 »

Agree with what you say about journalism BUT

Surely a lot of the blame rests on the public acting like idiots. By public I mean us. Yes even OOfers are panic buyers.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03 July 2021, 14:47:42 »

we buy a lot of supplies in bulk ,which is not panic buying ,just keeping a stock of items used  :D

what annoys me is how the news miss quote the facts  like " people who are double vaccinated are safe and can't catch Chinese Virus " ,yes they can  ,and they can spread it to the unvaccinated population >:(

As for supermarkets , I really hope that mask wearing remains in place after the easing of lockdown .infections are going up and up  :(

yes the death rates are not going up as quick as other waves ,BUT that is probably down to medical advances helping the infected to stay alive longer than 30 days  ::) the longer term effects of catching Chinese Virus are still little known, though people with "long covid" is reported to be 20% after infection .

"every new infection is a potential variant"   ::)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03 July 2021, 15:07:39 »

Not so much stupid, as cynical. They create the panic, which then gives them next weks headlines with footage of empty shelves, which they will probably blame on Brexit again.
The shortage of truck drivers at the moment, may well have the same underlying story as the shortage of a lot of types of workers.
I was speaking to a Director of a large building company recently, who was moaning about a dire shortage of bricklayers.
He told me he employs eastern European bricklayers (mainly Romanians) because they are cheap to employ.
Now they are all sat at home in Romania with no intention of even considering coming back to the UK until furlough ends.
Despite being in Romania, they are being paid 80%  of their UK wage by the British taxpayers, and can live like Kings there,on the money they are getting for doing nothing.
Cant blame them, but we can blame our useless spineless Govts of the last 25 years.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03 July 2021, 15:10:02 »

Not so much stupid, as cynical. They create the panic, which then gives them next weks headlines with footage of empty shelves, which they will probably blame on Brexit again.
The shortage of truck drivers at the moment, may well have the same underlying story as the shortage of a lot of types of workers.
I was speaking to a Director of a large building company recently, who was moaning about a dire shortage of bricklayers.
He told me he employs eastern European bricklayers (mainly Romanians) because they are cheap to employ.
Now they are all sat at home in Romania with no intention of even considering coming back to the UK until furlough ends.
Despite being in Romania, they are being paid 80%  of their UK wage by the British taxpayers, and can live like Kings there,on the money they are getting for doing nothing.
Cant blame them, but we can blame our useless spineless Govts of the last 25 years.
I thought employers could tell workers to get back, providing the business is not closed.
Diesel till I die

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03 July 2021, 15:11:55 »

Not sure if they can now. This was around the beginning of the year.  :-\
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03 July 2021, 15:14:24 »

Can't say I've got a lot of sympathy for someone who employs foreigners because they're cheap labour, even though the practice is widespread.
Diesel till I die

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 03 July 2021, 15:50:20 »

Can't say I've got a lot of sympathy for someone who employs foreigners because they're cheap labour, even though the practice is widespread.

Agreed. Whilst I can see why it's done, it's surely a short sighted policy and whether it's the NHS or a small building firm, investing in our own youngsters has to be the way.  ???
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 03 July 2021, 17:30:17 »

we buy a lot of supplies in bulk ,which is not panic buying ,just keeping a stock of items used  :D

what annoys me is how the news miss quote the facts  like " people who are double vaccinated are safe and can't catch Chinese Virus " ,yes they can  ,and they can spread it to the unvaccinated population >:(

As for supermarkets , I really hope that mask wearing remains in place after the easing of lockdown .infections are going up and up  :(

yes the death rates are not going up as quick as other waves ,BUT that is probably down to medical advances helping the infected to stay alive longer than 30 days  ::) the longer term effects of catching Chinese Virus are still little known, though people with "long covid" is reported to be 20% after infection .

"every new infection is a potential variant"   ::)

This is why we have 5 years worth of dry goods in store , just to be on the safe side  :y

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 03 July 2021, 17:38:15 »

[/quote
                I agree, one way or another we have to have our own people who live here working👍
Laying a rubber road.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 03 July 2021, 19:26:11 »

I've come to despise the BBC for their relentless negativity.  ::)

A good example the other day was the news about the new battery plant at Nissan in Sunderland and I was listening to some commentator or other on R2 saying briefly that it was good news, but then spent most of his slot talking about uncertainty at Vauxhall's Ellesmere Port factory and that it might close and thousands of jobs would go.   ::)

The next day Vauxhall announce that they will invest hundreds of millions to build a new electric van at Ellesmere Port.  :y  ;D
There thick British public like to see depression shit.  Just turn on any British soap on any channel, and see the depressive shit they are pedalling.  And how popular they are amongst the stupid people of the country.
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 19 queries.