Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: More TCV madness  (Read 7860 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
More TCV madness
« on: 16 July 2021, 11:47:31 »

Work have decided, from Monday, that we have to be tested before we can start work.

Inspite of being fully vaccinated and are insisting that if you don't take a test/prove a negative result, then you get marked down for unauthorised absence, and if you test positive then you get marked down as sick and put onto SSP. Even if you have no symptoms and would otherwise have gone to work. All the while whilst furloughing/unfurloughing us every couple of days.

And inspite of not being able to work from home, you only qualify for the self isolating award if you have kids or are on benefits.
« Last Edit: 16 July 2021, 11:51:03 by Doctor Gollum »
Onanists always think outside the box.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
Re: More TCV madness
« Reply #1 on: 16 July 2021, 13:27:54 »

people who have had 2 doses of vaccine can still catch and spread Chinese virus

25% of deaths are people who have had 2 vaccines

no one knows the long term effects of Covid yet ,and that includes the long term effect on people who show no symptoms and are unaffected when they first catch it ,including children  :(

48,553 new cases proved by a test yesterday alone
(that doesn't include god knows how many who where infected but didn't take a test or are blissfully unaware )

EVERY NEW INFECTION IS A POTENCIAL NEW MUTATION

next week will see idiots not social distancing or wearing a mask because it's no longer mandatory  >:(

expect cases to sky rocket , the hospitals will be overwhelmed , and U turns in policy 

Your being SLIGHTLY inconvenienced DG  ::)  Welcome to Covid Britain 2021

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 July 2021, 13:31:37 »

Doesn't sound unreasonable, I have had both jabs and yet still caught it  :y

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 July 2021, 13:37:52 »

Doesn't sound unreasonable, I have had both jabs and yet still caught it  :y
Oh dear , sorry to hear that  :(
I hope you recover well and have no long term problems

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16 July 2021, 15:18:02 »

no one knows the long term effects of Covid yet ,and that includes the long term effect on people who show no symptoms and are unaffected when they first catch it ,including children  :(

(that doesn't include god knows how many who where infected but didn't take a test or are blissfully unaware )

next week will see idiots not social distancing or wearing a mask because it's no longer mandatory  >:(

expect cases to sky rocket , the hospitals will be overwhelmed , and U turns in policy 

If you're gonna shout, make sure you spell your shouty words correctly.  ;D
Diesel till I die

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16 July 2021, 16:00:40 »

I still understood every word as I was used to deciphering all kinds of wonderful communications in the past! ;D ;D ;D ;)

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 16 July 2021, 16:01:26 »

I didn't shout , i typed and made the letters big  :)

I have fat fingers , i make mistakes  :-[  and I'm rubbish at spelling   :D

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 16 July 2021, 16:15:14 »

Most people realise it's all going to go badly wrong, some folk think that the 19th of July is the date Covid releases its grip, fools the lot of them.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 16 July 2021, 16:20:52 »

It's not the inconvenience but rather the 'make it up as you go along' policy changes. And then using it as an excuse to cut wages.

If it suddenly isn't safe to go to work on Monday, what have we been doing since March with impunity.  ???

No one knows the long term effects of being vaccinated either, but that doesn't seem to stop the push for getting it... Or the general willingness to receive it.
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 16 July 2021, 16:52:54 »

I'll just be carrying on the same way I have for the past year or so. Mask in shops and sanitising my hands. No biggie.
Diesel till I die

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 16 July 2021, 16:56:08 »

I'll just be carrying on the same way I have for the past year or so. Mask in shops and sanitising my hands. No biggie.

Same here Steve, got used to it now as you say no big deal.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 16 July 2021, 17:06:38 »

Same here Steve, got used to it now as you say no big deal.

Exactly.  We have learnt to live with it as we do with life generally, not knowing what is around the next corner.  We just make the best of every day trying to minimize the risks.   :D;)

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 16 July 2021, 17:07:57 »

No one knows the long term effects of being vaccinated either, but that doesn't seem to stop the push for getting it... Or the general willingness to receive it.

I'm double vaccinated but I have also thought about what that means in the future .

now the UK are ignoring the current explosion of new cases and scrapping "mandatory mask and social distancing" I hear 33% of people won't bother after "chinese virus freedom day" with either . 

effectively allowing the virus to spread throughout the population

what if vaccines become unavailable or ineffective due to a new variant  :o

or, will we be reliant on hopefully getting the effective vaccines and what if vaccines are no longer free*

*free - yes vaccines are not free now ,because they are paid for from taxes,  but what if it becomes like a prescription charge that some won't have funds to pay for ,effectively "no pay - no live"

the "Omega variant" is possibly not too far away

though that will probably rust pretty quick and be scrapped  ;D

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 16 July 2021, 17:12:54 »

I'm double vaccinated but I have also thought about what that means in the future .

now the UK are ignoring the current explosion of new cases and scrapping "mandatory mask and social distancing" I hear 33% of people won't bother after "chinese virus freedom day" with either . 

or, will we be reliant on hopefully getting the effective vaccines and what if vaccines are no longer free*

*free - yes vaccines are not free now ,because they are paid for from taxes,  but what if it becomes like a prescription charge that some won't have funds to pay for ,effectively "no pay - no live"

We live with flue, risks from terminal cancer, a fatal car accident, and goodness knows what else during our lives.  Just carry on and enjoy what you can Dave whilst you can.   Our lives are too short to over worry about it.  Just remember what previous generations had to go through.  That WAS bloody hard, but they still got up every morning and made the best of the day as they could.  We are much better placed than they ever were.  ;)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 16 July 2021, 17:15:36 »

We live with flue, risks from terminal cancer, a fatal car accident, and goodness knows what else during our lives.  Just carry on and enjoy what you can Dave whilst you can.   Our lives are too short to over worry about it.  Just remember what previous generations had to go through.  That WAS bloody hard, but they still got up every morning and made the best of the day as they could.  We are much better placed than they ever were.  ;)
Yes, my flue has a terminal  ;D
Diesel till I die
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 18 queries.