Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: To Mask Or Not To Mask? That Is The Question!  (Read 6405 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
To Mask Or Not To Mask? That Is The Question!
« on: 25 July 2021, 20:02:54 »

I was in Wales last week where you still have to wear masks in shops etc, but came back to England last night where mask wearing is now voluntary, so I was interested to see what people were doing.  :)

I stopped at Sedgemore services on the M5 southbound for a pee and a cheeky Macca's and out of habit had my mask with me but the majority of people weren't wearing them.  Today I went to Tesco's where the majority of people were wearing them...  ::)

To be honest I'm not bothered either way and don't feel oppressed or anything, so will always keep one handy and will wear one if requested to do so or find myself in a crowd in an enclosed place. Conversely, if I get to the supermarket door and realise I have left the mask in the car, I'm not going back for it.  :P

What are you guys doing?  ???
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: To Mask Or Not To Mask? That Is The Question!
« Reply #1 on: 25 July 2021, 20:17:04 »

I've been into B&Q a couple of time over the past few days. I did not wear a mask but there were more people, of all age groups, wearing them than not.
They're still mandatory at work.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25 July 2021, 20:25:34 »

Nope.....no mask for me.

I would say about 60% of people still do, and carry more fear than perhaps necessary.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25 July 2021, 20:29:05 »

I was in Wales last week where you still have to wear masks in shops etc, but came back to England last night where mask wearing is now voluntary, so I was interested to see what people were doing.  :)

I stopped at Sedgemore services on the M5 southbound for a pee and a cheeky Macca's and out of habit had my mask with me but the majority of people weren't wearing them.  Today I went to Tesco's where the majority of people were wearing them...  ::)

To be honest I'm not bothered either way and don't feel oppressed or anything, so will always keep one handy and will wear one if requested to do so or find myself in a crowd in an enclosed place. Conversely, if I get to the supermarket door and realise I have left the mask in the car, I'm not going back for it.  :P

Requested by whom?

I don't tell anybody they can't wear a mask, and don't expect them to tell me I must.

What I do is none of their business.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25 July 2021, 20:39:15 »

Masks here but only when we cannot socially distance.

Infection rates are half those of Scarborough ( 570) in our Spanish town. Malaga province has sky high infections but is still pretending to be open for visitors. Marbella ( 1000) should have all non essential business closed and no one in or out but the rules have changed…..

Is it really hard to wear a mask…… ? Answer after considering wearing it when it is 39C.

I still expect people to be wearing hoods that process air in 12 months time.

Wait till you have to produce a tatty piece of paper or you smart phone to be able to go in a shop, museum, concert or restaurant. Happening NOW throughout  Europe.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 25 July 2021, 21:02:19 »

Requested by whom?

I don't tell anybody they can't wear a mask, and don't expect them to tell me I must.

If I go into a shop, bank etc and am asked to wear one, I will.

I see a chiropractor every couple of months and it would be a bit rude to tell him to eff off if he asks me to wear one.  ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 25 July 2021, 21:05:25 »

I've been into B&Q a couple of time over the past few days. I did not wear a mask but there were more people, of all age groups, wearing them than not.
They're still mandatory at work.

This must be confusing.

The law (Boris) says people are not required to wear a mask.

Heinz policy says you must.

Which would win in a game of top trumps?

Which approach would triumph in a court of law if Heinz sacked a worker for refusing to wear a mask?

Interesting stuff. :y

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 25 July 2021, 21:07:18 »

Requested by whom?

it is there business if it's their BUSINESS you get refused entry too for not complying with their request to wear a mask  ::)

only 17 people died with SARS when that broke out because people listened, wore masks, didn't travel, social distanced and importantly SARS wasn't covered up for months

if you choose NOT to wear a mask most of the time then you should be considerate to people in shops who don't want your germs and are wearing a mask so they reduce the germs they spread

if you aren't bothered about catching Chinese virus because you think because you had 2 jabs that you are immortal then fair enough , some people can't be vaccinated for many reasons

wearing a mask in shops etc now is common courtesy to others

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 25 July 2021, 21:11:34 »

Requested by whom?

it is there business if it's their BUSINESS you get refused entry too for not complying with their request to wear a mask  ::)

only 17 people died with SARS when that broke out because people listened, wore masks, didn't travel, social distanced and importantly SARS wasn't covered up for months

if you choose NOT to wear a mask most of the time then you should be considerate to people in shops who don't want your germs and are wearing a mask so they reduce the germs they spread

if you aren't bothered about catching Chinese virus because you think because you had 2 jabs that you are immortal then fair enough , some people can't be vaccinated for many reasons

Since the 19th wearing a mask in a shop is down to the individual.

Some will......some won't.

It is called choice. :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 25 July 2021, 21:20:43 »

Requested by whom?

I see a chiropractor every couple of months and it would be a bit rude to tell him to eff off if he asks me to wear one.  ;D

HIM?.......you missed a trick there, Tig.

A chiropractor should be blonde with big tits......no exceptions. :D

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 25 July 2021, 21:28:01 »

Requested by whom?

Since the 19th wearing a mask in a shop is down to the individual.

Some will......some won't.

It is called choice. :)

your local Turnip and sausage seller are probably more relaxed about such things than real shops in civilisation  ::)

like i said "wearing a mask in shops etc now is common courtesy"

some people piss in the street , but civilised people use a toilet  :)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 25 July 2021, 21:38:08 »

Requested by whom?

Completely agree. Its not just about choosing your own level of risk. You could be carrying Covid unknowingly and breathing it onto highly vulnerable people, who could be dead in a month due to having caught it from your breath.
Swmbo is highly vulnerable, so I wear a mask when around people, so I dont bring it home.
She just doesnt go near people anymore.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 25 July 2021, 21:40:51 »

I still wear my mask everywhere I used to before 'Freedumb day'. It's no big deal, and most people look better with a mask on anyway.
Diesel till I die

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 25 July 2021, 21:47:01 »

Requested by whom?

HIM?.......you missed a trick there, Tig.

A chiropractor should be blonde with big tits......no exceptions. :D

That's my sex therapist!  :y  ;D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 25 July 2021, 21:48:31 »

I still wear my mask everywhere I used to before 'Freedumb day'. It's no big deal, and most people look better with a mask on anyway.

Yes they're handy when you get a big zit on your face!  :D

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 18 queries.