Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: To Mask Or Not To Mask? That Is The Question!  (Read 6408 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: To Mask Or Not To Mask? That Is The Question!
« Reply #15 on: 26 July 2021, 03:10:37 »

The sooner we all get it the sooner we can actually get on with more important things.  :-X

According to Sippy Cup, once you have had both jabs you can never catch TCV. And if you are under 5 then you should always wear a mask.  :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 26 July 2021, 08:13:16 »

I feel more comfortable wearing a mask in shops etc.
I like red cars

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 26 July 2021, 09:54:33 »

For the time being at least I will continue to wear a mask in shops/any enclosed spaces I might find myself in.Why take the risk at this stage of the game? To me this is not fear-something is going to stop the clock as a recent minor heart attack has highlighted-but as sensible precaution as I can manage to break the chain of transmission.

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 26 July 2021, 09:55:07 »

Requested by whom?

I don't tell anybody they can't wear a mask, and don't expect them to tell me I must.

What I do is none of their business.

it is there business if it's their BUSINESS you get refused entry too for not complying with their request to wear a mask  ::)

only 17 people died with SARS when that broke out because people listened, wore masks, didn't travel, social distanced and importantly SARS wasn't covered up for months

if you choose NOT to wear a mask most of the time then you should be considerate to people in shops who don't want your germs and are wearing a mask so they reduce the germs they spread

if you aren't bothered about catching Chinese virus because you think because you had 2 jabs that you are immortal then fair enough , some people can't be vaccinated for many reasons

wearing a mask in shops etc now is common courtesy to others

Completely agree. Its not just about choosing your own level of risk. You could be carrying Covid unknowingly and breathing it onto highly vulnerable people, who could be dead in a month due to having caught it from your breath.
Swmbo is highly vulnerable, so I wear a mask when around people, so I dont bring it home.
She just doesnt go near people anymore.

Albs's situation is an exact mirror of mine as my wife has type 2 Diabetes and a history of immune system issues., I'll happily continue to wear a mask , socially distance and clean my hands at every opportunity.
Even If she was not as described I would still cover and clean as a matter of  social responsibility.
Today in Ireland the hospitality industry opens fully with the requirement to display your QR code passport to gain access to all eateries etc.
There's debates in all of the local Irish social media platforms stating that we are in 1930's Germany territory now , which is despicable , but whilst I would never refuse or deny the individuals right of choice I believe that a refusal to be vaccinated should carry caveats and have a cost to the individual within society as a whole .
I fully expect the anti vaxxers out in force today demanding to be allowed entry where denied.
If I cared , if I really cared ......I'd pass a law allowing pepper spray to used on them . :)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 26 July 2021, 10:06:23 »

Individual businesses have a legal duty of care towards their workforce/visitors to their site and can therefore set the parameters on what rules must be complied with-wearing masks/protective headgear etc etc-a worker who refuses to comply would then have to go through the process for disciplinary action/possible dismissal while a visitor to the site would be refused admission.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 26 July 2021, 10:16:09 »

We still wear the masks, we fully recognise it does not benefit us, but might help protect others, we are thoughtful and caring like that  ;D

Its still a requirement at work to (a good thing), but they hav been very 'on it' from day 1 and consequently, there have been no significant issues

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 26 July 2021, 10:40:52 »

Is it really hard to wear a mask…… ? Answer after considering wearing it when it is 39C.
Working conditions are primarily why no one at work wears one. There is the odd exception both individuals and places, but working inside an aircraft that's 30°+ with no airflow isn't one of them. Especially factored in with the ability to quickly and effectively communicate with each other.

The portable breathing devices you suggest is far fetched nonsense though, and if they have their own oxygen supply  then that is helping to restrict the availability where it is genuinely needed. (21% of the atmosphere is oxygen, so you only require extra if you are unable to breathe properly).

As for having to demonstrate vaccination, that I have no problem with :y although I do appreciate that not everyone is able to be vaccinated, pregnant women for one, so for those people there has to be an accepted level of risk in what those people choose to do, so it would not be right if the so-called vaccination passports were used to victimise those who cannot or will not be vaccinated. That's the responsibility that comes with choice.

It may well be that in the not too distant future, children are routinely vaccinated against TCV along with MMR, Polio and BCG jabs. We were given the flu jab every year at secondary school, and unsurprisingly, every year half the school got flu as a result (this is why I haven't had the flu jab since I left school, and also why I believe that it isn't news that people can still catch TCV inspite of being vaccinated).

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 26 July 2021, 10:47:19 »

Incidentally I don't subscribe to the belief/excuse that the vaccines are being used to genetically alter humans and don't see that as a reasoned excuse to not be vaccinated.  It's a bit like arguing that you don't like custard because it's yellow :D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 26 July 2021, 12:46:25 »

I'm a bit undecided.  :-\

I'm not and never have been a Covid bed wetter by any means, but there are plenty out there who are, so if I make them feel more comfortable wearing a mask in a shop then I guess it's not really a problem.  ???

I've never worn one outside and am not going to start for any reason.  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 26 July 2021, 12:53:17 »

Wear them in shops, don't go anywhere crowded enough to warrant wearing one outside.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 26 July 2021, 13:08:39 »

Is it really hard to wear a mask…… ? Answer after considering wearing it when it is 39C.
Working conditions are primarily why no one at work wears one. There is the odd exception both individuals and places, but working inside an aircraft that's 30°+ with no airflow isn't one of them. Especially factored in with the ability to quickly and effectively communicate with each other.

The portable breathing devices you suggest is far fetched nonsense though, and if they have their own oxygen supply  then that is helping to restrict the availability where it is genuinely needed. (21% of the atmosphere is oxygen, so you only require extra if you are unable to breathe properly).

As for having to demonstrate vaccination, that I have no problem with :y although I do appreciate that not everyone is able to be vaccinated, pregnant women for one, so for those people there has to be an accepted level of risk in what those people choose to do, so it would not be right if the so-called vaccination passports were used to victimise those who cannot or will not be vaccinated. That's the responsibility that comes with choice.

It may well be that in the not too distant future, children are routinely vaccinated against TCV along with MMR, Polio and BCG jabs. We were given the flu jab every year at secondary school, and unsurprisingly, every year half the school got flu as a result (this is why I haven't had the flu jab since I left school, and also why I believe that it isn't news that people can still catch TCV inspite of being vaccinated).

Don't forget pregnant men.

I was recently berated by a twenty something boy/girl for my lack of inclusion. :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 26 July 2021, 13:16:17 »

I'm not and never have been a Covid bed wetter by any means, but there are plenty out there who are, so if I make them feel more comfortable wearing a mask in a shop then I guess it's not really a problem.  ???

It's all down to personal choice in the end.

In Lidl yesterday only about 30% were wearing a mask. The shelf stackers and girl on the till were not wearing masks. She commented that it was good to see things getting back to normal.

There is a proportion of the population who will still be wearing a mask 10 years from now, which is their prerogative.

Rather them than me though.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 26 July 2021, 13:54:02 »

In Lidl yesterday only about 30% were wearing a mask. The shelf stackers and girl on the till were not wearing masks. She commented that it was good to see things getting back to normal.

There is a proportion of the population who will still be wearing a mask 10 years from now, which is their prerogative.

We noticed it depended on where you go and hence also the type of person that tended to frequent the shop.

John Lewis - probably 90% wearing masks
Primark - probably 90% not wearing masks

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 26 July 2021, 14:03:47 »

We noticed it depended on where you go and hence also the type of person that tended to frequent the shop.

John Lewis - probably 90% wearing masks
Primark - probably 90% not wearing masks

So it could be a class thing then. :D

My guess is that more remainers than leavers wear a mask......although I voted remain.

We may find ourselves in two distinct camps. The virtuous mask wearers and the ignorant uneducated'no maskers' which may broadly correspond with the reamain/leave divide. ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 26 July 2021, 14:17:22 »

Having said the above it seems that nobody sported a mask at Wimbledon, where the spectators would be primarily made up of wealthy EU remainers.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 19 queries.