Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: To Mask Or Not To Mask? That Is The Question!  (Read 6406 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: To Mask Or Not To Mask? That Is The Question!
« Reply #30 on: 26 July 2021, 14:31:34 »

I'm a bit undecided.  :-\

I'm not and never have been a Covid bed wetter by any means, but there are plenty out there who are, so if I make them feel more comfortable wearing a mask in a shop then I guess it's not really a problem.  ???

I've never worn one outside and am not going to start for any reason.  :)

It's all down to personal choice in the end.

In Lidl yesterday only about 30% were wearing a mask. The shelf stackers and girl on the till were not wearing masks. She commented that it was good to see things getting back to normal.

There is a proportion of the population who will still be wearing a mask 10 years from now, which is their prerogative.

Rather them than me though.

Yes even before Covid, people wearing masks was a common sight in Asian cities like Bangkok or Hong Kong.
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 26 July 2021, 15:23:47 »

Apparently SARS was a thing ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 26 July 2021, 15:25:03 »

I'm a bit undecided.  :-\

I'm not and never have been a Covid bed wetter by any means, but there are plenty out there who are, so if I make them feel more comfortable wearing a mask in a shop then I guess it's not really a problem.  ???

I've never worn one outside and am not going to start for any reason.  :)

It's all down to personal choice in the end.

In Lidl yesterday only about 30% were wearing a mask. The shelf stackers and girl on the till were not wearing masks. She commented that it was good to see things getting back to normal.

There is a proportion of the population who will still be wearing a mask 10 years from now, which is their prerogative.

Rather them than me though.

Yes even before Covid, people wearing masks was a common sight in Asian cities like Bangkok or Hong Kong.

Took our two eldest Grandsons to London in 2014 as they had never been, did all the touristy things but noticed that most of the Chinese tourists were wearing masks back then.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 26 July 2021, 15:37:35 »

Ugly bastards will be sorry to see the end of masks.  ;D
Diesel till I die

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 26 July 2021, 16:30:11 »

At your age, you really should start to own that ;D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 26 July 2021, 17:37:09 »

Yep SARS came and went, and lots of Asians carried on wearing masks.  We will see the same here as some will always see the mask as a sort of security blanket and will never give it up.  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 26 July 2021, 18:06:42 »

Is it really hard to wear a mask…… ? Answer after considering wearing it when it is 39C.
Working conditions are primarily why no one at work wears one. There is the odd exception both individuals and places, but working inside an aircraft that's 30°+ with no airflow isn't one of them. Especially factored in with the ability to quickly and effectively communicate with each other.

It makes a mockery of the paying customers who watch the TV adds of all front of house ,flight crew and other passengers wearing masks yet the ground crew are running round unmasked in all the planes   ::)

it's a good thing Doctors, nurses, care home staff , bus drivers etc CAN be bothered to wear masks ,even if it's "30°+ with no airflow"

still , as long as YOU'RE COMFORTABE ,what does it matter , it's only OTHER peoples lives at risk after all,
 because you have had 2 magic jabs and are immortal   ::)

The portable breathing devices you suggest is far fetched nonsense though, and if they have their own oxygen supply  then that is helping to restrict the availability where it is genuinely needed. (21% of the atmosphere is oxygen, so you only require extra if you are unable to breathe properly).

filtered AIR fed face visors are nothing new , I was using one 30+ years ago ,  it filters out dust pollution etc,  so not "far fetched nonsense " I imagine a few people will be wearing them to protect themselves from the fatal germs like Chinese virus being spread everywhere by selfish people who can't be bothered to wear masks in enclosed public places .

As for having to demonstrate vaccination, that I have no problem with :y although I do appreciate that not everyone is able to be vaccinated, pregnant women for one, so for those people there has to be an accepted level of risk in what those people choose to do, so it would not be right if the so-called vaccination passports were used to victimise those who cannot or will not be vaccinated. That's the responsibility that comes with choice.

It may well be that in the not too distant future, children are routinely vaccinated against TCV along with MMR, Polio and BCG jabs. We were given the flu jab every year at secondary school, and unsurprisingly, every year half the school got flu as a result (this is why I haven't had the flu jab since I left school, and also why I believe that it isn't news that people can still catch TCV inspite of being vaccinated).

so you have learned something then  ;D

Vaccinations merely help boost your immunity to fight the disease  , IF you are lucky , they don't stop you  catching or spreading disease

Yep SARS came and went, and lots of Asians carried on wearing masks.  We will see the same here as some will always see the mask as a sort of security blanket and will never give it up.  :)
SARS was well managed , people where forced to wear masks etc , that "security blanket" stopped it spreading worldwide and becoming a pandemic .killing millions

17 people died of SARS

it's a pity people didn't learn the lessons from SARS , like wearing masks  ::) 

« Last Edit: 26 July 2021, 18:17:23 by dave the builder »

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 26 July 2021, 18:28:14 »

I saw your picture when you hit yourself on the nose. I've got nothing to worry about  ;D
Diesel till I die

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 26 July 2021, 19:06:53 »

Eighteen months ago , most people would have laughed if I had said everyone would be wearing masks. You never know, we might be wearing some form of hood in 12 months time. Especially if the Chinese release Covid 2.0 - the real deal.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 26 July 2021, 19:18:22 »

We don't get many passengers or crew in the hangar... Besides now we have to test before returning from temporary furlough/days off (4 times in 8 days :-X), don't worry, won't be infecting anyone anytime soon.

And I have never said that being vaccinated prevents you from catching TCV. (or anything else you might be vaccinated against).

Whilst I respect the fact that some people will forever insist on wearing a mask to bed, I personally draw the line at Tescos.

NHS staff and anyone else working in health care, does so out of choice, and presumably they are contractually obliged to wear a mask etc at work. Many of the people not wearing masks in shops (before that was a thing) were usually care staff in uniform. Which is pretty poor when you consider that you're pretty much guaranteed to catch TCV in hospital  :-X

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 26 July 2021, 19:19:40 »

I saw your picture when you hit yourself on the nose. I've got nothing to worry about  ;D
There's that ;D

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 26 July 2021, 19:42:34 »

Eighteen months ago , most people would have laughed if I had said everyone would be wearing masks. You never know, we might be wearing some form of hood in 12 months time. Especially if the Chinese release Covid 2.0 - the real deal.
Young people have been wearing them for ages round here, 'hoodies' I believe they call them.
Diesel till I die

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 26 July 2021, 21:26:39 »

Went mask less around Tesco's on Sunday , no one gave a s**t

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 26 July 2021, 21:38:01 »

Went mask less around Tesco's on Sunday , no one gave a s**t
Why would they?  :-\
Diesel till I die

New POD

• Miseryside
    • NEED MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 27 July 2021, 05:50:43 »

I've been into B&Q a couple of time over the past few days. I did not wear a mask but there were more people, of all age groups, wearing them than not.
They're still mandatory at work.

This must be confusing.

The law (Boris) says people are not required to wear a mask.

Heinz policy says you must.

Which would win in a game of top trumps?

Which approach would triumph in a court of law if Heinz sacked a worker for refusing to wear a mask?

Interesting stuff. :y

ALARP

The principles of work place risk assessment.

Failure to follow reasonable instructions would be a disciplinary offence.

If there's one employee, that might have a compromised immune system, then the requirement for everyone to wear a mask is possibly reasonable.

You could argue that the masks needs to be the highest spec you can reasonably afford.  Food and pharmaceutical companies, have been protecting the integrity of thier product for years by insisting on overalls, beard snooods, hats to cover long hair, ....

I went to work 2 days last week. Did I wear a mask? Only when not at my desk.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.