Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Afghanistan  (Read 15483 times)

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
Re: Afghanistan
« Reply #105 on: 16 August 2021, 21:08:11 »

You’re not bad Stemo you’re a realist what you say is true.  I’m not sure whether I would rather be a man or women there right now. It’s just as bad for both.
Laying a rubber road.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 16 August 2021, 21:10:29 »

What he is saying now is mostly right although I don’t think he’s fit for president….  They will not fight for themselves.
Laying a rubber road.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 16 August 2021, 21:14:20 »

What he is saying now is mostly right although I don’t think he’s fit for president….  They will not fight for themselves.
The American people are given a very poor choice at presidential elections. Most of the options over the last 20 years have been unfit to be president. Can't see that changing any time soon.
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 16 August 2021, 21:18:35 »

You’re not bad Stemo you’re a realist what you say is true.  I’m not sure whether I would rather be a man or women there right now. It’s just as bad for both.
But you're not there, you're in that little paradise that's stuck on to the west side of England  ;
Diesel till I die

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 16 August 2021, 21:22:57 »

It is terrible for men women and children of any age but they must learn to fight for themselves in my opinion of course. I really am very sad for them all but……..
I don't know if it makes me a bad person, but I've had 60 odd years of people killing, raping and generally hating each other. I'm kind of immune to it.

Same here Steve, I've done my bit to try and make the world a better place & safer for those in fear of their lives, now I couldn't give two hoots I've got a reasonable life & a great family and I am determined to enjoy it.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 16 August 2021, 21:28:02 »

But you're not there, you're in that little paradise that's stuck on to the west side of England  ;
[/quot

That’s correct so are you, I didn’t choose where I was born and… somebody very close to me has done their part there too representing you and me. Rangie I have the same view as you..  right or wrong.
Laying a rubber road.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 16 August 2021, 21:28:41 »

It is terrible for men women and children of any age but they must learn to fight for themselves in my opinion of course. I really am very sad for them all but……..
I don't know if it makes me a bad person, but I've had 60 odd years of people killing, raping and generally hating each other. I'm kind of immune to it.

Same here Steve, I've done my bit to try and make the world a better place & safer for those in fear of their lives, now I couldn't give two hoots I've got a reasonable life & a great family and I am determined to enjoy it.
Yes, Mick, but we all know you're a bad person.  ;D
Diesel till I die

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 16 August 2021, 21:31:29 »

Yes, Mick, but we all know you're a bad person.  ;D

It takes one to know one 😂
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 16 August 2021, 21:33:08 »

And another to know two :y
Laying a rubber road.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 16 August 2021, 21:34:05 »

[/quot

That’s correct so are you, I didn’t choose where I was born and… somebody very close to me has done their part there too representing you and me. Rangie I have the same view as you..  right or wrong.
Yes, Rae, and I refuse to spend whatever life I have left worrying about global warming, racism, sexism or any other ism. Or Afghanistan.
In the sixties it was ban the bomb, Cuban missile crisis, then Greenham Common, etc. People laid down in the middle of the road and camped out in the rain and stuff. What difference did any of it make? None whatsoever, just as it won't today.
Diesel till I die

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 16 August 2021, 21:39:22 »

100 % mate 👍👍
Laying a rubber road.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 16 August 2021, 21:45:43 »

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 16 August 2021, 21:52:24 »

None of the indigenous people are prepared to fight they are all running away, I noticed all the people hanging on that military plane were men, why are they not with their wives kids and parents they are predominantly young men of fighting age getting the hell out of Dodge. Bidens 🤡 address  on tv should be very interesting…..

Or they could be the ones who have nothing to keep them there.

The honest address is quick, simple and undoubtedly divisive:

We oppsed up by invading Afghanistan twenty years ago. Being there has oppsed the country even more than it already was. We can't 'win', whatever definition you use. It's been oppsing expensive, for no worthwhile gain. It will always be oppsing expensive, for no worthwhile gain. It's not as oppsing expensive to withdraw, just like every other invasion of this hellhole for the last 200 years, so that's what we're doing.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 16 August 2021, 22:14:03 »

None of the indigenous people are prepared to fight they are all running away, I noticed all the people hanging on that military plane were men, why are they not with their wives kids and parents they are predominantly young men of fighting age getting the hell out of Dodge. Bidens 🤡 address  on tv should be very interesting…..

Or they could be the ones who have nothing to keep them there.

The honest address is quick, simple and undoubtedly divisive:

We oppsed up by invading Afghanistan twenty years ago. Being there has oppsed the country even more than it already was. We can't 'win', whatever definition you use. It's been oppsing expensive, for no worthwhile gain. It will always be oppsing expensive, for no worthwhile gain. It's not as oppsing expensive to withdraw, just like every other invasion of this hellhole for the last 200 years, so that's what we're doing.
That just about sums it up. But it won't stop the bleeding hearts and detractors of Biden protesting for the next few months. I hope this is the conflict that finally stops the west getting involved in places where it shouldn't. Not on moral grounds, but because it inevitably makes things worse.
Diesel till I die

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 16 August 2021, 22:14:49 »

As Ian said then… once again.. What a waste🙁 and what suffering for Fk all.
Laying a rubber road.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 18 queries.