Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Visit to Wheels in Motion Chesham- Full Geometry Set up  (Read 2175 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Visit to Wheels in Motion Chesham- Full Geometry Set up
« Reply #15 on: 17 September 2021, 12:27:38 »

I paid about that for my last Omega which clearly needed nnew wishbones just to be driveable.

£800 in parts and tyres later and the entire suspension was rebuilt with the exception of the trailing arm bushes. So, unsurprisingly, it drove like a new car afterwards...
Onanists always think outside the box.

GrahamK

• Shropshire
  • 2003 2.6 CDX Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 17 September 2021, 15:13:07 »

Just had a check and the bill for parts on mine is £950 including the tyres. So a bit up on what you spent. Not sure if prices for such items are gradually going up or it's just about what is available when you are looking. I also do try to go for better quality (value really i'm looking for) where possible. Even so, for the money spent it is a hell of a car.
Our friends with newer cars and PCP's are depreciating or spending more than that in a very few months.
The other factor is except for changing the rear hub and bearing I have enjoyed doing it.  :y

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 17 September 2021, 16:09:11 »

That included Pedders HD top mounts and rear subframe bushes, front polys, Sachs shocks and Kilen springs.

Thinking about it, tyres were probably not included :-\

GrahamK

• Shropshire
  • 2003 2.6 CDX Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 17 September 2021, 17:17:28 »

What are the Pedders HD top mounts, a souped up version?
I did the front polys, but not the rear subframe bushes. Didn't think about those tbh. Do they often go?
I also considered the Kilen springs as they are for the LSC aren't they? What's your verdict on those?
Regards
Graham.

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 17 September 2021, 17:54:49 »

I spent around £800 couple of years ago on a full front end rebuild and never regretted spending it as car drives like a dream,and still does hence my reluctance to get rid of it despite the body wounds on the NS. :(

Still only get around 9 months out of a £450 set of tyres but thats mileage not wear :(

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 17 September 2021, 18:53:01 »

Basically yes. If you fit lowering springs you'll see that the strut tops sit proud of the body, Pedders top mounts minimise this.

I did the front polys, but not the rear subframe bushes. Didn't think about those tbh. Do they often go?
Yes, most definitely - have a search on here, loads of examples, the Pedders donut bushes are fit and forget and tighten up the back end (oo er).

I also considered the Kilen springs as they are for the LSC aren't they? What's your verdict on those?
I've used Eibach springs on mine but they are -30mm

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 17 September 2021, 23:18:16 »

Basically yes. If you fit lowering springs you'll see that the strut tops sit proud of the body, Pedders top mounts minimise this.

Yes, most definitely - have a search on here, loads of examples, the Pedders donut bushes are fit and forget and tighten up the back end (oo er).

I've used Eibach springs on mine but they are -30mm
Not entirely accurate. The Pedders Top mounts are dimensionally identical to the factory Omega ones. (There aren't many common parts between the Omega and the Holden Commodore/Monaro, but the front top mounts are one). The difference is that they are stiffer/stronger and therefore locate the struts more securely. The bearings are identical to the factory ones.

https://pedders.co.uk/pedders-strut-mount-5851

https://pedders.co.uk/urethane-cradle-mount-bush-2pkt-ep1145

Also of note, they now offer rear shock upper mountings and outer bushes for the trailing arms...
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 18 queries.