Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Self fulfilling prophecy  (Read 7172 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: Self fulfilling prophecy
« Reply #30 on: 27 September 2021, 16:46:15 »

Out and about earlier a passed a couple of petrol stations, both busy but no major queues or disruption.  :)
Plenty of hay for the horses?  ;D

Neigh!  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 27 September 2021, 18:18:10 »

To my knowledge, there isnt a station within 15 miles of here that has any fuel at the moment.
I should be ok for a week or so with Pierre -as long as it doesnt break down again.
Boxster is on fumes and the Omega has about 50 miles left.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 28 September 2021, 11:31:56 »

Unsurprisingly the EU lorry drivers arent coming to help UK “out of the sh1t you created yourselves”.

A visa for 3 months doesnt help them plan for the future even if it means £12000 . Good point. I wonder if Boris factored that in?
« Last Edit: 28 September 2021, 11:33:59 by Varche »
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 28 September 2021, 12:48:56 »

Unsurprisingly the EU lorry drivers arent coming to help UK “out of the sh1t you created yourselves”.

A visa for 3 months doesnt help them plan for the future even if it means £12000 . Good point. I wonder if Boris factored that in?
Plus...most of them already have a job. Probably paying a lot less than over here, but would you take a chance that the job is still there when you go home?
Diesel till I die

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 28 September 2021, 13:23:40 »

Plus...most of them already have a job. Probably paying a lot less than over here, but would you take a chance that the job is still there when you go home?

I think there's probably some truth in the theory that BP and the RHA briefed the media that there was a driver shortage which would result in a fuel shortage, to force the governments hand on visas.  The govt on the other hand want the industry to increase pay and train more new drivers rather than just shipping in foreigners.

They really need to kick DVLA (or whatever they call themselves this week) into shape and reduce the red tape and bureaucracy.  I wouldn't be surprised if by the time I had sorted a medical, new digi tacho card, CPC, etc it took six months to resurrect my HGV licence and get to the stage where I could get a job.  ::)  :-\

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 28 September 2021, 14:23:39 »

I have just been sent a video on Watsapp of a woman in a filling station filling carrier bags with petrol !  :o
The cull needs to come soon.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 28 September 2021, 17:43:20 »

I think there's probably some truth in the theory that BP and the RHA briefed the media that there was a driver shortage which would result in a fuel shortage, to force the governments hand on visas.  The govt on the other hand want the industry to increase pay and train more new drivers rather than just shipping in foreigners.

They really need to kick DVLA (or whatever they call themselves this week) into shape and reduce the red tape and bureaucracy.  I wouldn't be surprised if by the time I had sorted a medical, new digi tacho card, CPC, etc it took six months to resurrect my HGV licence and get to the stage where I could get a job.  ::)  :-\
CPC can be done virtually now :y

The hardest bit would probably be renewing your digicard.

Recently started a part time job at Herpes, £15 an hour is all well and good, but if you're only doing 8 hour shifts, then you have to do six days before you even think about the £22 an hour O/T. Piss easy work though.

Proper companies might be paying welcome bonuses etc, but real world wages are nothing like the media spun BS.
Onanists always think outside the box.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 28 September 2021, 18:04:46 »

I didn't go that far today and only passed two Jet filling stations. Both were open and not that busy. I didn't stop to fill up because I might have felt a bit silly putting £4 in.  ;D
Diesel till I die

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 28 September 2021, 18:07:49 »

I passed two today. First had no fuel. Second had a queue 100 yards down the road.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 28 September 2021, 18:15:53 »

Just been to Tesco's for some carrots and the fuel station there was closed.  ::)

On the way back, wondered if my almost full tank of fuel has doubled the value of my Mondeo?  ???  Maybe it's a good time to put it into WBAC!  ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 28 September 2021, 18:19:12 »

Just been to Tesco's for some carrots and the fuel station there was closed.  ::)

On the way back, wondered if my almost full tank of fuel has doubled the value of my Mondeo?  ???  Maybe it's a good time to put it into WBAC!  ;D

No problem getting petrol here.

The media like to make out it is the end of the world.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 28 September 2021, 18:28:00 »

As an observation in this thread, and the one about Starmer, I often wonder if the world would be a much happier place without media of any sort.
Diesel till I die

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 28 September 2021, 19:24:58 »

Yes indeed blissful ignorance   :y
Laying a rubber road.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 28 September 2021, 19:34:17 »

There were only a handful of petrol stations up and down the country that ran out of fuel last Thursday. But, by the time the news channels had sent camera crews out to them, we were in a full scale panic.
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 28 September 2021, 19:43:33 »

I paid 134.9p.

The 'rocket fuel' version of unleaded was 158.9. I used this in the Tata but the Signum runs fine on the cheap(er) fuel.

Trip computer for the last 2300 miles works out at 24.6MPG.......although I know the trip computer is about 15% optimistic.

So probably around 22 MPG.......much like a derv car. ::) ::) ::) ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 21 queries.