Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Another lockdown coming ?  (Read 2713 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Another lockdown coming ?
« Reply #30 on: 21 October 2021, 13:08:51 »

......, due to the fact we've been cooped up for so long.   ....

We should be so lucky .....  ::)
Even though of us who have had to continue to go in have had to curb our social meetings over the last almost 2 years ;)

Not that I've had to go in that often, in in my case, its usually to grotty old buildings that have been devoid of the great unwashed.
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 21 October 2021, 13:23:11 »

Hardly a surprise given that the symptoms for TCV apparently range from diarrhoea to a slight headache and pretty much anything in between.

???
so an Imodium and an aspirin is all that's needed  :-\ perhaps you should pass that on to the W.H.O

I think you need to do a little more research DG
the range of symptoms starts with no symptoms at all ,spreading Covid to god knows how many other people  ......
all the way up to not being able to breathe ,long term health issues ,being dead etc
Nothing on that list is the exclusive pervue of TCV.

You obviously have every right to choose to hide under the mattress, but that's no way to live and I put to you the same question I put to Albs:

What did you do pre TCV?

BTW, you can get dog food delivered... Our Tibetan Terrorist gets hers straight from the factory.  ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 21 October 2021, 13:25:15 »

It all started with Boris saying covid was no big deal, and herd immunity would have the dreaded lurgy running for cover. :y

Then there was concern for people over 80. They need a jab as they are the most vulnerable of the 1% who actually die.

Then people over 65
Then people over 50
Then all adults over 18.

This would see covid running for the hills. Job done. Time to move on.

But no......everyone apparently needs a second jab, just to be sure. :-\

While were are at it lets start giving the jabs to all kids over 12. :-\

There is also talk of giving the jab to all kids over 5. :-X

But at least it is now all sorted and life can go back to normal.

Nope......Jab number 3 required if you want to celebrate Christmas (can you see the implied threat here?)

Add in the vaccine passport which, given time, we may need before we are allowed in a supermarket, or allowed to work. It won't just stop at nightclubs. :-\

How much business has folded? How many people are unable to pay their mortgage? How many operations for cancer or any other serious illness have been put on the back burner?

Just my opinion. :)

« Last Edit: 21 October 2021, 13:30:43 by Field Marshal Dr. Opti »

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 21 October 2021, 13:29:16 »

I suspect there won’t be the appetite for furlough scheme 2. People got too used to being at home.

I am nearing the end of six weeks here in England. On arrival I could not believe how cavalier everyone iscompared with the Spaniards we left behind. Can’t wait to get back. Infection rates are ten times higher here , maybe the Spaniards wearing masks has helped? Saw students leaving a concert in Lincoln on Monday. Social distancing ? No.

True but Britain is carrying out far more tests than any other comparable European country, so we're bound to have more cases.

A fact the catastrophising media fail to point out.  ::)

There is much of this.

It keeps the people compliant and obedient. ::)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 21 October 2021, 13:43:11 »

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 21 October 2021, 13:45:57 »

Wales didn't get rid of the mask mandate and you still have to wear a mask in supermarkets etc, but has a higher case rate than England where you don't. Go figure...  ???

Incidentally, Rae caught me in his local Coop the other day, not wearing a mask and blissfully unaware that I should be!  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 21 October 2021, 13:47:26 »

« Last Edit: 21 October 2021, 14:05:32 by Doctor Gollum »

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 21 October 2021, 13:51:34 »

Wales didn't get rid of the mask mandate and you still have to wear a mask in supermarkets etc, but has a higher case rate than England where you don't. Go figure...  ???

Incidentally, Rae caught me in his local Coop the other day, not wearing a mask and blissfully unaware that I should be!  ;D
In town and, mask less, popped into TUI to enquire after their Euro holibobs rate... Got offered €1.11 ;D Even the Post Office were offering €1.14.

Current staff rate at work is €1.18, although I will need to buy a mask to collect it ::)

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 21 October 2021, 14:19:10 »

Whilst the declared infection rate is high compared to other euro countries, the (English) excess death rate has only been slightly above the long term average since July. ONS graphs on page 2 here:

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiYmUwNmFhMjYtNGZhYS00NDk2LWFlMTAtOTg0OGNhNmFiNGM0IiwidCI6ImVlNGUxNDk5LTRhMzUtNGIyZS1hZDQ3LTVmM2NmOWRlODY2NiIsImMiOjh9

Which kind of brings us back to the "died with Covid" does not always mean "died of Covid". My view is that providing the general death rate stays within a percentage margin of the long term average we just have to carry on regardless. We can discuss what that percentage should be 5%, 10%, 25%, but since zero Covid is not and never has been a possibility we just have to accept there are going to be some Covid deaths* from now on, in the same way as we accepted there would be 10K flu deaths every year.

*And by Covid deaths, I mean people who (probably) would not have died if they had not got Covid - which is basically what the excess deaths is (probably) showing.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 21 October 2021, 14:37:58 »

Whilst the declared infection rate is high compared to other euro countries, the (English) excess death rate has only been slightly above the long term average since July. ONS graphs on page 2 here:

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiYmUwNmFhMjYtNGZhYS00NDk2LWFlMTAtOTg0OGNhNmFiNGM0IiwidCI6ImVlNGUxNDk5LTRhMzUtNGIyZS1hZDQ3LTVmM2NmOWRlODY2NiIsImMiOjh9

Which kind of brings us back to the "died with Covid" does not always mean "died of Covid". My view is that providing the general death rate stays within a percentage margin of the long term average we just have to carry on regardless. We can discuss what that percentage should be 5%, 10%, 25%, but since zero Covid is not and never has been a possibility we just have to accept there are going to be some Covid deaths* from now on, in the same way as we accepted there would be 10K flu deaths every year.

*And by Covid deaths, I mean people who (probably) would not have died if they had not got Covid - which is basically what the excess deaths is (probably) showing.

This.

An average 137 daily deaths (with covid) over the last 7 days.

We don't seem able to get a breakdown of these figures.

My guess is that half were old and infirm and would have dropped off the perch anyway.

Some probably already had a terminal illness such as cancer.

I think some of the more fearful in society are looking for zero deaths before they feel 'safe enough' to venture out. :-\

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 21 October 2021, 14:56:27 »

On the other hand, I do still wear masks in shops, and on busses & trains (not that I use either very often). It's not that I think they're particularly effective, more that I bought 3 packs (one for each car) when this all started, and I've got to use them up somehow.

If we get to go skiing this winter it looks like the French are going to demand masks in bars/resturaunts and on ski-lifts (even open air chair and drag lifts) but not whilst skiing. And since we spend most of our time in bars, I'd better keep a few back ;D

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 21 October 2021, 15:25:13 »

On the other hand, I do still wear masks in shops, and on busses & trains (not that I use either very often). It's not that I think they're particularly effective, more that I bought 3 packs (one for each car) when this all started, and I've got to use them up somehow.

If we get to go skiing this winter it looks like the French are going to demand masks in bars/resturaunts and on ski-lifts (even open air chair and drag lifts) but not whilst skiing. And since we spend most of our time in bars, I'd better keep a few back ;D
Do you have to lift your mask to sip your drink? Obviously not, as you are not required to wear them when seated at your table. So how the wotsit can that be effective in any way?
Diesel till I die

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 21 October 2021, 15:28:27 »

I bought two boxes from a firm in Bristol... Rather buy British than the cheap Chinesey rubbish ones that break as soon as you put them over one ear...

Will need them at the airport/in flight/airport and transfer tother end. Looking at the video evidence, Gran Canaria seems pretty relaxed about the whole thing, and obviously eating outside when it's 24/25° isn't a big deal :D

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 21 October 2021, 16:30:55 »

Do you have to lift your mask to sip your drink? Obviously not, as you are not required to wear them when seated at your table. So how the wotsit can that be effective in any way?

I didn't say it made any sense - I said that's what the supposed rules are going to be. Sitting alone on a chairlift dangling 20 feet above the ground in a force 9 blizzard is probably as safe from being infected/infecting anyone else as you can get, yet sods law says "les rozzers" will get stroppy if you've not got the full hazmat gear on.

Austria are apparently demanding FFP2 or FFP3 grade masks. If I go there I might get one of these :

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 19 queries.