Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Visa - Amazon  (Read 6467 times)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
Re: Visa - Amazon
« Reply #30 on: 18 November 2021, 21:21:23 »

Result:

Hello,

Greetings from Amazon.co.uk !

I'm sorry to hear that promotional credit of £20 was not added to your account and I apologize for any inconvenience caused.

To assist you further without any delay, I've manually added £20.00 promotional credit to your amazon account, for use towards your next Amazon.co.uk order.
Diesel till I die

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 18 November 2021, 21:26:06 »

We've just ordered an Amazon credit card after watching Martin Lewis money programme and have had a £40 gift card put on SWMBOS account, towards her next purchases..👌
« Last Edit: 18 November 2021, 21:27:53 by Rangie »
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 18 November 2021, 22:22:28 »

We've just ordered an Amazon credit card after watching Martin Lewis money programe and have had a £40 gift card put on SWMBOS account, towards her next purchases..👌

Not watched Martin Lewis yet - But just started to wonder why they dont use Paypal for payments ( I use my CC to fund my Credit card for all pauchases (Doubling the card cover)) :y

Never thought about the Amazon credit card, but maybe thats why they are makeing the changes as it promotes thier own card. ???
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 18 November 2021, 22:27:24 »

We've just ordered an Amazon credit card after watching Martin Lewis money programe and have had a £40 gift card put on SWMBOS account, towards her next purchases..👌

Not watched Martin Lewis yet - But just started to wonder why they dont use Paypal for payments ( I use my CC to fund my Credit card for all pauchases (Doubling the card cover)) :y

Never thought about the Amazon credit card, but maybe thats why they are makeing the changes as it promotes thier own card. ???

Free money £40 so why not take it ?
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 18 November 2021, 22:34:42 »

Told you do...  ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 18 November 2021, 23:00:25 »

Just applied for the Amazon Card :y

Took all of 2 mins. ::)

Summary
Instant Spend:
£500
Credit Limit:
£7500
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 18 November 2021, 23:04:38 »

Summary
Instant Spend:
£500
Credit Limit:
£7500

Easy wasn't it + £40 credit  jobs a goodun.😁

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 19 November 2021, 09:18:51 »

Summary
Instant Spend:
£500
Credit Limit:
£7500
Well that was pretty stupid :-X

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 19 November 2021, 09:30:00 »

Summary
Instant Spend:
£500
Credit Limit:
£7500
Well that was pretty stupid :-X
Why?  :-\

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 19 November 2021, 10:03:02 »

Where to start? This won't be a composed rant, but I think it should cover the bases.

None of the 'benefits' are guaranteed as they are subject to eligibility... Even the 'free £40 gift card.

The interest rate is 29.9% variable. Interest free period is again, subject to eligibility. "I always pay it off in full every month"... Then you don't need credit. But the one time you aren't able to, or are a household of limited means (their target audience, you are beholden to both Amazon and Newday (the actual lender) indefinitely. What happens when fuel hits £1.70-2.00 a litre and mortgage rates hit 10+%? Or energy prices treble.

And you won't be able to cancel your Amazon account until you don't owe them anything.

Basically, you have just sold your soul to them for a £40 gift card. Madness.

Wait until February when the interest free period kicks in and all the people who shouldn't have applied realise why.

This is a despicable marketing ploy to enslave people on limited incomes... Five weeks before Christmas, and in the face of interest rate rises and runaway inflation.

And all to buy more stuff you don't need.  :-X

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 19 November 2021, 11:20:38 »

Where to start? This won't be a composed rant, but I think it should cover the bases.

..... "I always pay it off in full every month"... Then you don't need credit. ....

I have 2 credit cards. Both set up to be paid off in full each month.
Do I NEED 2 credi cards? Probably not.  But one of them I've had for years & years, I don't get any money back on purchases but it lives in the same wallet as my phone & has bailed me out a couple of times when I've not had my wallet handy. The other pays me a few quid each month on certain purchase & pays for itself.
Credit cards are only dangerous if you spend more than you can afford to pay it back each month, fortunately I'm able to pay it back. But credit  cards can also just be very handy & if you use the Amazon c/c just for your Amazon purchases you can probably keep a tighter hold on what you buy from them.

And what's wrong with free money?
« Last Edit: 19 November 2021, 11:23:22 by Andy B »

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 19 November 2021, 12:18:16 »

..... "I always pay it off in full every month"... Then you don't need credit. ....

I have 2 credit cards. Both set up to be paid off in full each month.
Do I NEED 2 credi cards? Probably not.  But one of them I've had for years & years, I don't get any money back on purchases but it lives in the same wallet as my phone & has bailed me out a couple of times when I've not had my wallet handy. The other pays me a few quid each month on certain purchase & pays for itself.
Credit cards are only dangerous if you spend more than you can afford to pay it back each month, fortunately I'm able to pay it back. But credit  cards can also just be very handy & if you use the Amazon c/c just for your Amazon purchases you can probably keep a tighter hold on what you buy from them.

And what's wrong with free money?

Exactly right you'd have to be an utter idiot to look at it any other way, but some folk just cannot handle their finances sensibly but that's their problem, personally I haven't paid any interest on anything for years.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 19 November 2021, 12:52:08 »

They work for you and that's great.

Doesn’t matter how good you are with money. You don't know what's around the corner. A couple of examples, that might seem far fetched, but could happen to most anyone... And let's presume a monthly spend on an Amazon card of £200. Obviously these are made up on the spot, and whilst I hope that neither happen, I would wager that everyone knows someone that has had these experiences... Andy probably works with people who have, and Rangie, whilst it couldn't possibly happen to you, I would be very surprised if your kids don't have peers who are in that position.

Example 1.

Andy B gets loses his job and Mrs leaves in the same month.

Suddenly that couple of hundred he pays off has to wait because now he has no income and has to pay rent. Only now he fails the credit check because his borrowing outweighs his income and within three months, still unemployed he defaults.

Example 2.

Rangies son and daughter, married for a couple of years are now expecting their second. They're good at budgeting but live one moth to the next and have little saved. He is self employed and she works part time. They use second credit card for groceries and his work expenses. He gets TCV and can't work for two weeks. That Amazon payment is going straight to the bottom of the list. When he goes back to work, he is told he's no longer required. Fortunately he finds another contract quite quickly, but it's 30 miles further away and pays two months behind. The Amazon card itself isn't their biggest worry, but it will be the one that trips them up first and he will only be a couple of set backs away from losing his work vehicle.

The 'I'm alright Jack' attitude is all well and good, but you aren't the primary target of these credit facilities. The number of people who don't pay them off in full every month easily outweighs the number of people who do by the hundreds, if not thousands. And that's why they are so dangerous.

And to Andys' point, a twenty pound note in your phone case would serve much the same purpose, likewise a debit  card to an account with a couple of hundred in it.

And as Mr Skrunts alluded, the premium applied to prime goods more than offsets the 'free' voucher that you may or may not get.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 19 November 2021, 13:01:20 »

Changed from Barclayacrd visa.

Given a £20 promotional credit off my next purchase. :y

Easy £20 to make. :)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 19 November 2021, 13:04:47 »

It's imaginary money. Unless they actually send you a £20 note. Even then they'll bank on earning significantly more from you.  :-X
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 18 queries.