Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Coming to getcha  (Read 3121 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Coming to getcha
« Reply #60 on: 28 November 2021, 10:59:50 »

What makes me smile is the announcement that from a date ( few days time) visitors from xxx will have to ….. in the intervening days trallers come scot free and every flight including ones via thhird countries is chocker .

I see Israel have stopped all none residents from flying n from anywhere.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 28 November 2021, 11:11:46 »

What makes me smile is the announcement that from a date ( few days time) visitors from xxx will have to ….. in the intervening days trallers come scot free and every flight including ones via thhird countries is chocker .

I see Israel have stopped all none residents from flying n from anywhere.
Indeed
we don't seem to have learned anything from previous mistakes with the pandemic  :(

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 28 November 2021, 11:18:01 »

Back to square one soon then
Laying a rubber road.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 28 November 2021, 11:48:57 »

Another quiet Christmas possibly.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 28 November 2021, 12:27:17 »

I wear a mask to help reduce spread any covid virus I may unknowingly have, not to reduce my chances of catching it myself.

If I want to reduce my own risks, I avoid the great unwashed, like public transport and McCardboard.

That TB is the sensible way to go. :y :y

In the likes of a large supermarket our local huge Sainsbury’s, I have tended not to wear a mask since things were looking more relaxed.  Now though I will be going back to always wearing a mask when shopping there, or anywhere else. That is the sensible thing to do as TB explains. 

I do think that if I personally can avoid infecting one person that is good and worthwhile.  I have had my two jabs, and are getting the booster this Friday, but as I understand I can still carry the virus for others to pick up! :o

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 28 November 2021, 12:29:34 »

Amidst all the corrupt UK media hysteria about the 'mutant super variant', South African authorities are insisting that so far that the cases with the Omnicon variant produce a mild illness, but it seems that that message is being completely drowned out by all the noise.  ::)

It's possibly just the excuse that Boris needs to bring in vaccine passports/passes which have nothing to do with Covid or the Covid vaccines.  >:(

I imagine the number of 'variants' is probably about the same as the number of stars in the observable universe. :-X

Expect more variants and more jabs to protect people. :-X

How far are people and governments willing to go with this? :-\
As far as they need to avoid accusations of acting too slowly. Inconveniencing people is better than explaining how you let them die.

Yes indeed. After all every year the flu jab is given and that has to be upgraded as required ;)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 28 November 2021, 13:44:53 »

So DG , do you think you are superhuman OR wearing a mask on the plane may have stopped the spread and you catching TCV  :D
W.H.O data shows wearing a mask reduces transmissibility by 52%

I see hours after Boris announced the return of mandatory mask wearing in shops and public transport, that SKY NEWS was still displaying their England- "ALL restrictions lifted , mask wearing no longer mandatory" graphics ,every hour before the news headlines  >:(

No wonder people get confused  ::)

The PCR testing of people entering the UK should not have stopped  >:( ,then they might have had a hope in hell of tracing Omicrom carriers  ::)   

Lets hope science finds a solution before it's too late ,and we don't get a mutation that wipes out most of the worlds population   ::)
Not invincible, but equally not afraid.

The main point of my experience was that it took nine days to contact me in spite of having fully completing all the necessary forms and certificates to travel and stay both ways.

It’s possible that the infected person that I may or may not have shared space with had actually checked out of the Premier Inn that I stayed at on my first night back before I had arrived there...

Before you ask, the track and trace form to arrive back allows for multiple addresses if you're not going to be in the same place.

The daughter of one of my colleagues tested positive. Didn't stop her four siblings and both parents from going to school/Work.

Another colleague in Luton is currently in hospital with it. Don't know if he has been vaccinated or if he has underlying issues. I suspect the latter is a given regardless of the former. He probably caught that lurgi doing the rounds in September and then picked up TCV on top of it at his day job.

The recovery and mortality rates were both pretty reasonable (in percentage terms) before last March and they have only improved, especially since the vaccine has been rolled out.

Of course, they won't tell you that on the news. Also, I presume that Omnicrom is so called because it is a threatening sounding bastardisation of All Colours in latin :-X

Just for reference 261,506, 841 total cases globally since TCV got released.

A mere 5,215,617 deaths.

And 236,237,084 recovered.

From a global population of 7,800,000,000.

And if those odds aren't good enough, we've tested the entire population five times over.

As for tweaking the booster, what about all the people who have already had it in the last two months? Are they suddenly dead? Didn't think so :-X
Onanists always think outside the box.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 28 November 2021, 17:37:07 »

Scientists and Doctors in South Africa are reporting that those who get ill with the Omnicon variant experience a mild illness, but lets not let that get in the way of a decent hysterical over reaction! ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 28 November 2021, 17:48:37 »

Scientists and Doctors in South Africa are reporting that those who get ill with the Omnicon variant experience a mild illness, but lets not let that get in the way of a decent hysterical over reaction! ::)
If my mild illness you mean a slightly scratchy throat and a hint of fatigue, then yes, mild illness.

Tbh, I'm more fatigued about the constant over reaction than anything else.
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 28 November 2021, 19:33:43 »

I'm *STILL* waiting for Track and Trace to contact me after spending a day in close proximity of a colleague who subsequently had a positive PCR.  That was about 3 weeks ago, and not a sausage from them.

Not that I believe I contracted it, as I'd been LFT'ing several times a week before going on holibobs and during holibobs, and yet to have a positive test.

But then Track and Trace will never work, simply because its a) Civil Service, b) was set up by the infamous Queen of Carnage Dildo Whorehouse.
Grumpy old man

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 28 November 2021, 19:58:24 »

But then Track and Trace will never work, simply because its a) Civil Service, b) was set up by the infamous Queen of Carnage Dildo Whorehouse.

I know I don't get out much so I googled that to find out who you meant. Surprisingly I drew a blank.  ;D
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 28 November 2021, 20:30:51 »

I know I don't get out much so I googled that to find out who you meant. Surprisingly I drew a blank.  ;D
Try Dildo Hardening  ;D
Diesel till I die

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 28 November 2021, 20:38:47 »

Try Dildo Hardening  ;D

The search results are more interesting than Dildo Whorehouse.  :y ;D

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 28 November 2021, 22:13:34 »

Try Dildo Hardening  ;D

They didn't point you towards Dido Harding then? Useless fickin internet  ;D
Diesel till I die

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 28 November 2021, 23:03:00 »

Try Dildo Hardening  ;D

They didn't point you towards Dido Harding then? Useless fickin internet  ;D

Ah right, thanks for that.  :y  Never heard of her so perhaps I should watch more TV.  :y
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 18 queries.