Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Nice steady ride in Wales  (Read 1253 times)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
Re: Nice steady ride in Wales
« Reply #15 on: 18 January 2022, 22:07:56 »

I wonder if the cyclist would have reported him if he wasn’t on one wheel? I agree with Ron but I expect the cyclist shit his Lycra’s 😂. Fu(£ing nark😂

My dash cam came with a card in the box with details of where to send any clips of people misbehaving on the road.  ::)  I drive with the utmost of road safety in mind so have nothing to fear on my dash cam, but I'd never send any clips in of other people misbehaving like the cyclist did.  :) 
It's a decent wheelie, fairly high but not high enough to be near the balancing point, so he can still roll on the power to accelerate. I'd be well pleased with that, and he's clearly no novice at it.
So, maybe a short ban and fine for the wheelie and not giving the cyclist the full 1.5m clearance, which then turned in to six months inside for lying about it.  ::)

Yeh but cyclists, especially the lycra clad variety are sanctimonious holier-than-thou types who can never do wrong!  :-X   ::)   ;D

For those on Twitter search out Jeremy Vine of Radio 2 who regularly posts up vids of cars and vans trying to kill him!   :)

Oh, I fully agree on that.  :y  I've watched enough video clips where the cyclists with helmet cams seem to attract trouble "because I've got you on camera mate".
The clip with the white Transit springs to mind, where the cyclist is weaving in and out of traffic at speed and nips up the inside of a van just as it is turning left at a tight junction. The cyclist bangs on the side of the van, and the driver gets out and smacks shit out of the cyclist. You can hear the cyclist saying "I've got you on camera" as the van driver gives him a pasting.  ;D
Van driver got done for some reason.  :-\
Those pesky cameras are everywhere and you daren't put a foot wrong these days.
I'm screenshotting all of your comments mate.
Diesel till I die

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 18 January 2022, 23:03:15 »

I wonder if the cyclist would have reported him if he wasn’t on one wheel? I agree with Ron but I expect the cyclist shit his Lycra’s 😂. Fu(£ing nark😂

My dash cam came with a card in the box with details of where to send any clips of people misbehaving on the road.  ::)  I drive with the utmost of road safety in mind so have nothing to fear on my dash cam, but I'd never send any clips in of other people misbehaving like the cyclist did.  :) 
It's a decent wheelie, fairly high but not high enough to be near the balancing point, so he can still roll on the power to accelerate. I'd be well pleased with that, and he's clearly no novice at it.
So, maybe a short ban and fine for the wheelie and not giving the cyclist the full 1.5m clearance, which then turned in to six months inside for lying about it.  ::)

Yeh but cyclists, especially the lycra clad variety are sanctimonious holier-than-thou types who can never do wrong!  :-X   ::)   ;D

For those on Twitter search out Jeremy Vine of Radio 2 who regularly posts up vids of cars and vans trying to kill him!   :)
But the Idiot Whine isn't really a cyclist is he? He's just a woke pillock who spouts crap on his T/V or radio shows. I,m a keen cyclist who sometimes wears a cycling top and shorts, no padded ones though. I'd look totally stupid in them at my age. I don't have a helmet cam and i wouldn't have bothered to report the biker if i had. Riding like that he's going to end up an organ doner at some stage anyway. :(

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 18 January 2022, 23:12:10 »

Yes at least it’s an open empty road and imo was not too near the cyclist although on one wheel an overtake like that could seem to be a tad dangerous to some😂😂
Laying a rubber road.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 19 January 2022, 13:05:01 »

I've done worse.

It looks faster than it really was because the cyclist was 'puffing along out of breath' at about 7 MPH.

Speaking of the wheelie......I once looped an RD 400 2 stroke when it hit the power band in first gear. Very Painful and I was picking gravel out of my arse for a couple of weeks following that.

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 19 January 2022, 13:44:57 »

Speaking of the wheelie......I once looped an RD 400 2 stroke when it hit the power band in first gear. Very Painful and I was picking gravel out of my arse for a couple of weeks following that.

Due to the ridiculously long exhaust pipes on the RD, when I pulled a wheelie on mine you could throw sparks off the underside of the exhaust tips if you leaned left or right.  :y
Oh what childish fun we had.  ;D
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 19 January 2022, 14:00:20 »

Due to the ridiculously long exhaust pipes on the RD, when I pulled a wheelie on mine you could throw sparks off the underside of the exhaust tips if you leaned left or right.  :y

The RD350 is on my list of vehicles I always wanted but never had.  :(
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 19 January 2022, 14:02:53 »

Ohh, I came off an ER 250. Fu(ing about like that it was then I found out where the coccyx is😵‍💫 I’ve never tried it since😂
Laying a rubber road.

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 19 January 2022, 14:21:27 »

I had both the coffin tank RD250DX (straight pipes) and the later RD350 (raised pipes like expansion chambers), the latter being the one that nearly finished me off. Not the bikes fault admittedly.  ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 19 January 2022, 14:29:53 »

I had both the coffin tank RD250DX (straight pipes) and the later RD350 (raised pipes like expansion chambers), the latter being the one that nearly finished me off. Not the bikes fault admittedly.  ;D

My RD 250B (which I passed my test on) was the model before the 'coffin tank' jobbie.

It had the words 'torque induction' on the side panel which gave it an extra 10 BHP. :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 19 January 2022, 14:31:37 »

Water cooled LC?.....or air cooled?

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 19 January 2022, 15:35:54 »

My RD 250B (which I passed my test on) was the model before the 'coffin tank' jobbie.

It had the words 'torque induction' on the side panel which gave it an extra 10 BHP. :)

A bit like Suzuki's 'Ram Air' on the GT's, which turned out to be..... err... an aluminium plate with Ram Air embossed on it. You could remove it and it made not one jot of difference.  ::)  It sounded well impressive at the time though.  ;D :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 19 January 2022, 17:28:44 »

A bit like Suzuki's 'Ram Air' on the GT's, which turned out to be..... err... an aluminium plate with Ram Air embossed on it. You could remove it and it made not one jot of difference.  ::)  It sounded well impressive at the time though.  ;D :y

I remember this. GT 380 and GT550 2 stoke triples that impressed me because they had more exhaust pipes than cylinders. :y
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 19 queries.