• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
Dyson
« on: 23 January 2022, 14:37:44 »

Bought a Dyson DC07 Animal approx 2003 :y

Never been abused & never had a single issue with it, noticed the suction tube from the pick up head was split when I was cleaning the head a couple of months ago.  So ordered a new tube and a drive belt online. :-\

Hoovered a load of shredded paper I had spilt this morning so used the pipe to hoover it up, for the 1st time ever it suffered a blokcage  (where the dust enters the cylinder ) it was easily sorted but whilst sorting it I chipped the latch mechanism (Still works ok) and noticed the belt had snapped.

Had a look on Currys/Argos to see what new ones cost (upright/corded)  only 3 models available. Cheapest is a clearange model, Most exspensive is out of stock everywhere inc Dyson, So just the one option. :-\

So as I cant be A**d to fix my DC07 :(

Do I go for another Dyson or try a different brand?
(DYSON Ball Animal 2 Upright Bagless Vacuum Cleaner is my prefered choice - but no stock & wondering if going to be discontinued)

Any recomendations (Dont want cordless) :y
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: Dyson
« Reply #1 on: 23 January 2022, 14:40:20 »

Bought a Dyson DC07 Animal approx 2003 :y

Never been abused & never had a single issue with it, noticed the suction tube from the pick up head was split when I was cleaning the head a couple of months ago.  So ordered a new tube and a drive belt online. :-\

Hoovered a load of shredded paper I had spilt this morning so used the pipe to hoover it up, for the 1st time ever it suffered a blokcage  (where the dust enters the cylinder ) it was easily sorted but whilst sorting it I chipped the latch mechanism (Still works ok) and noticed the belt had snapped.

Had a look on Currys/Argos to see what new ones cost (upright/corded)  only 3 models available. Cheapest is a clearange model, Most exspensive is out of stock everywhere inc Dyson, So just the one option. :-\

So as I cant be A**d to fix my DC07 :(

Do I go for another Dyson or try a different brand?
(DYSON Ball Animal 2 Upright Bagless Vacuum Cleaner is my prefered choice - but no stock & wondering if going to be discontinued)

Any recomendations (Dont want cordless) :y

Skruntie......there are women available who can deal with household chores.

It is the natural order of things. :) ;)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 January 2022, 15:12:44 »

Dysons are shite. Buy a SEBO.  :y
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23 January 2022, 15:15:41 »

This  :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23 January 2022, 15:20:33 »

I always have had Dyson’s since they first came on the market. Would not consider anything else as they just keep ongoing and are easily unblocked if that arises.

Only replaced each model when I found the newest Dyson out more attractive with better, the latest, specifications. Now with a cordless Dyson Cyclone V10 Absolute, a really great machine with battery power to hoover my home multiple times. Attracted now to the V15, laser, so saving up for the around £599 price, but I know it will last as long as I want it to.

Why not a cordless?  I would not know dream of trying to go around a home with a corded machine, plugging in, unplugging, all the time. Besides I can easily hoover out the car with my cordless. :y

PS I have all ways found that those who say Dyson “are shit” have either never used one or have never owned one, with the thought they are too pricey. They are what you expect from a quality vacuum hoover at that price 8) 8)
« Last Edit: 23 January 2022, 15:24:06 by Lizzie Zoom »

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23 January 2022, 15:26:26 »

I find the latch mechanisms on Dysons very brittle/flimsy.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23 January 2022, 15:30:00 »

Never found that myself tbh ;)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 23 January 2022, 15:32:45 »

Just to back up my claim of Dyson’s quality, note that Skruntie has had his DC07 Animal 18 years

Tight sod! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 23 January 2022, 15:33:34 »

But being a woman you would obviously have read the instructions and know how to use it...
Onanists always think outside the box.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 23 January 2022, 15:36:31 »

But being a woman you would obviously have read the instructions and know how to use it...

Yes, but second nature as I have been hovering since I was 8 years of age!

Mum got me doing housework and cooking from an early age. I had two brothers though who never did that! No equality in the 1960’s!! :D :D ;)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 23 January 2022, 15:43:47 »

I would add, swmbo bought a Dyson and had it for several years. She thought it was pretty good until she got the SEBO.
After she used the SEBO once, she declared that Dysons are crap in comparison and she wished she had never bought one.
Had the SEBO for 15 years now and its as good as the day it came out of the box.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 23 January 2022, 15:52:30 »

I would add, swmbo bought a Dyson and had it for several years. She thought it was pretty good until she got the SEBO.
After she used the SEBO once, she declared that Dysons are crap in comparison and she wished she had never bought one.
Had the SEBO for 15 years now and its as good as the day it came out of the box.

I would make the point that each Dyson that comes out is an advance on previous performance levels of their earlier models so they cannot be compared after years, no more than a SEBO can. SEBO’s are undoubtedly a quality hoover, often compared side by side with contemporary Dyson models, so at the end of the day I believe it is personal choice and what every individual prefers in their own judgement. :D ;)

What annoys me is what I have found with certain people I know stating what I said before, even though they have never actually owned a Dyson, often buying the cheapest hoover and quality on the market ::) :P

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 23 January 2022, 15:57:01 »

But, with you being a woman Lizzy, you are more gentle with things than us blokes hence breakages for us
We use a Henry by the way

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 23 January 2022, 16:08:18 »

But, with you being a woman Lizzy, you are more gentle with things than us blokes hence breakages for us
We use a Henry by the way

Are yes Keith, along with the Vax, the favourite for men. They certainly are heavy duty and the times I have seen them being used outdoors I have lost count. Builders favourites I suggest! ;D ;D

And, yes, Dyson’s need that loving, caring, approach and then nothing ever breaks ;D ;D ;)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 23 January 2022, 16:21:45 »

Work well...but brittle.

I think Mrs Opti has a Miele.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 19 queries.