Author Topic: Dyson  (Read 3012 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: Dyson
« Reply #15 on: 23 January 2022, 16:24:05 »

....she also has the one the scouser suggested yonks ago. I'll need to check what it is.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 23 January 2022, 16:26:47 »

It's a Bosch GS 50.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 23 January 2022, 16:35:01 »

It appears to me that there's a lot of spoilt bastards on here. What's wrong with a dustpan and brush?
Diesel till I die

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 23 January 2022, 16:38:56 »

But, with you being a woman Lizzy, you are more gentle with things than us blokes hence breakages for us
We use a Henry by the way

Are yes Keith, along with the Vax, the favourite for men. They certainly are heavy duty and the times I have seen them being used outdoors I have lost count. Builders favourites I suggest! ;D ;D

And, yes, Dyson’s need that loving, caring, approach and then nothing ever breaks ;D ;D ;)

Builder's favourite is definitely a Henry. As long as it doesn't fall out of the van at 50mph more than a couple of times, and the filter gets changed occasionally they're unkillable.

Dysons work well, but a bit more effort on making the materials and design durable rather than stylish would make the high cost a lot more palatable.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 23 January 2022, 16:41:39 »

It appears to me that there's a lot of spoilt bastards on here. What's wrong with a dustpan and brush?

......and a copy of the Daily Mirror on a rusty nail following a giant dump. ;D

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 23 January 2022, 16:41:54 »

Just to back up my claim of Dyson’s quality, note that Skruntie has had his DC07 Animal 18 years

Tight sod! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)

19 in March ::) and no issues till now :y :y
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 23 January 2022, 16:44:14 »

Bought a Dyson DC07 Animal approx 2003 :y

Never been abused & never had a single issue with it, noticed the suction tube from the pick up head was split when I was cleaning the head a couple of months ago.  So ordered a new tube and a drive belt online. :-\

Hoovered a load of shredded paper I had spilt this morning so used the pipe to hoover it up, for the 1st time ever it suffered a blokcage  (where the dust enters the cylinder ) it was easily sorted but whilst sorting it I chipped the latch mechanism (Still works ok) and noticed the belt had snapped.

Had a look on Currys/Argos to see what new ones cost (upright/corded)  only 3 models available. Cheapest is a clearange model, Most exspensive is out of stock everywhere inc Dyson, So just the one option. :-\

So as I cant be A**d to fix my DC07 :(

Do I go for another Dyson or try a different brand?
(DYSON Ball Animal 2 Upright Bagless Vacuum Cleaner is my prefered choice - but no stock & wondering if going to be discontinued)

Any recomendations (Dont want cordless) :y

Skruntie......there are women available who can deal with household chores.

It is the natural order of things. :) ;)

Sadly Lizzie lives too far away  :-*

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 23 January 2022, 16:45:24 »

I have 2 of those.  and a sweeping brush.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 23 January 2022, 16:47:46 »

......and a copy of the Daily Mirror on a rusty nail following a giant dump. ;D
Exactly  ;D
Diesel till I die

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 23 January 2022, 16:49:15 »

Bought a Dyson DC07 Animal approx 2003 :y

Never been abused & never had a single issue with it, noticed the suction tube from the pick up head was split when I was cleaning the head a couple of months ago.  So ordered a new tube and a drive belt online. :-\
U
Hoovered a load of shredded paper I had spilt this morning so used the pipe to hoover it up, for the 1st time ever it suffered a blokcage  (where the dust enters the cylinder ) it was easily sorted but whilst sorting it I chipped the latch mechanism (Still works ok) and noticed the belt had snapped.

Had a look on Currys/Argos to see what new ones cost (upright/corded)  only 3 models available. Cheapest is a clearange model, Most exspensive is out of stock everywhere inc Dyson, So just the one option. :-\

So as I cant be A**d to fix my DC07 :(

Do I go for another Dyson or try a different brand?
(DYSON Ball Animal 2 Upright Bagless Vacuum Cleaner is my prefered choice - but no stock & wondering if going to be discontinued)

Any recomendations (Dont want cordless) :y

Skruntie......there are women available who can deal with household chores.

It is the natural order of things. :) ;)

Sadly Lizzie lives too far away :-*

Yes, and it is bad enough that one of my daughters lives locally and I need to give her home a tidy up / spring clean all too often :P >:( ;D ;)

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 23 January 2022, 16:57:48 »

Gay thread alert !  :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 23 January 2022, 17:49:34 »

Mrs TB has had Dysons for probably 25 years now.  4 of them.  And we still have all 4, all working fine.  The DC04 has been relegated to garage use, she has a small corded one upstairs and a bigger one downstairs, plus a cordless V8 as a daily quick use jobbie.

The cordless is convenient for quick cleaning, but the mains ones pick up more due to better suction, so they get run around every few weeks.

Being uprights, and having to comply with EU rules we took on, they are reliant on the brush bar being in good condition.  This is an item that wears, obviously.  So anyone comparing a 5 year old upright with any new upright will see a difference.  On any upright, the brusher needs to be in good enough condition to lift the dust out of the carpet.

The other thing, despite the marketing BS, the filter does need regular washing (the main filter, not the HEPA).

Only real issues we've had is the hoses splitting. Pattern ones seem particularly bad, but Dyson's could babe better, given the cost.  The DC04 had a mains flex fail, and its switch fail.
Grumpy old man

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 23 January 2022, 18:02:42 »

We've also had Dysons for several years now ,had no problems with them at all.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 23 January 2022, 18:09:54 »

Pedant Alert!!

Hoovered Dysoned a load of shredded paper I had spilt this morning so used the pipe to hoover it up, for the 1st time ever it suffered a blokcage  (where the dust enters the cylinder ) it was easily sorted but whilst sorting it I chipped the latch mechanism (Still works ok) and noticed the belt had snapped.

You have a Dyson vacuum cleaner Skruntie not a Hoover.  :) Pedantic I know!  ;D

Dyson Cyclone V10 Absolute, a really great machine with battery power to hoover my home multiple times. Attracted now to the V15, laser, so saving up for the around £599 price, but I know it will last as long as I want it to.

Why not a cordless?  I would not know dream of trying to go around a home with a corded machine, plugging in, unplugging, all the time. Besides I can easily hoover out the car with my cordless. :y
Again Lizzie Dysons out her home and car....  ::)

I would make the point that each Dyson that comes out is an advance on previous performance levels of their earlier models so they cannot be compared after years, no more than a SEBO can. SEBO’s are undoubtedly a quality hoover, often compared side by side with contemporary Dyson models, so at the end of the day I believe it is personal choice and what every individual prefers in their own judgement. :D ;)

I don't believe that Hoover make SEBO vacuum cleaners Lizzie.  :D

What annoys me is what I have found with certain people I know stating what I said before, even though they have never actually owned a Dyson, often buying the cheapest hoover and quality on the market ::) :P

Do Hoover still make vacuum cleaners?  ???  Were they ever cheap?  ???             ;)

But being a woman you would obviously have read the instructions and know how to use it...

Yes, but second nature as I have been hovering since I was 8 years of age!

Mum got me doing housework and cooking from an early age. I had two brothers though who never did that! No equality in the 1960’s!! :D :D ;)

That's bloody clever Lizzie!  :o  ;D

Seriously though, it's interesting how a brand name gets inserted into language to describe a household chore and even other brands of vacuum cleaner get referred to as the Hoover.  :)

I wonder if younger people refer to doing the vacuuming as doing the Dysoning?  ???  :-\  :)

RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 23 January 2022, 18:17:03 »

We had a Dyson, bought to replace an Electrolux Contour.

The Dyson was crap. Forever clogging. The Electrolux lasted several more years.

The SEBO has been relegated to car use, but still significantly outperforms the two GTech Air ram (one upright and one hand held). The hand held is ok, but the upright is pretty crappy. The only saving grace is the weight. It's probably fine on hard floors or for daily use. But I wouldn't spend my money on one.
Onanists always think outside the box.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 20 queries.