Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: F1 starts today! Might contain spoilers…  (Read 709 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
F1 starts today! Might contain spoilers…
« on: 19 March 2022, 11:37:30 »

Well having had a few months to reflect, I shall be watching again.

We still haven’t had the findings from the final race debacle. Probably never will as o doubt there would be legal proceedings if they admitted failing to apply their own rules fairly.

Are Mercedes sandbagging over performance ? They do have history.

What will be fascinating is team mate performance in identical machinery. Not just Hamilton/Russell but Sainz/ Leclerc. Despite being no2 in peoples eyes, I think Sainz will finish the year higher than Leclerc.  In other teams, I think Norris will continue to show Ricciardo a clean pair of heels. It will also be interesting to see if Schumacher can better Magnussen.

I am not looking forward to Max and his smirk but fair do’s, Red Bull usually do well after new regulations. We will see.

Anyone else interested in the sport got any predictions?
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Fraggles Rock

• Intermediate Member
  • United Kingdom
    • View Profile
Re: F1 starts today! Might contain spoilers…
« Reply #1 on: 19 March 2022, 12:05:05 »

Watch this...

https://youtu.be/B4BU9aIMrjI

And enjoy internal combustion 'racing' whilst you still can, because the future is bleak.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19 March 2022, 18:03:33 »

Ferrari */ Red Bull pretty level. Mercedes lagging behind.
As Im at work tomorrow with nothing much to do, I will watch the opening laps. If the cheating Dutchman farks off into the distance I will watch some grass grow instead.
The  FIA have now released their report, which says that Masi broke two of their rules on the closing stages of the last race, which is why he lost his job.
Kind of makes Verstappens title look pretty hollow, but he wont give a toss. He doesnt have a sense of fair play / right & wrong in him.
On the other hand, if Hamilton wasnt such a fair sportsman all he had to do near the end of that race was put his car in the wall and the race would have been stopped with the result declared from the end of the previous lap.
He would have ben an 8 time world champion then, but Im pretty sure it wouldnt have meant anything to him if he won it like that, which is why he wouldnt have considered doing it.
The good old British sense of fair play can be a heavy cross to bear.  :)

* Ferrari have a very quick car, so expect them to get caught cheating again. Thats if the FIA actually want to catch them.  ::) ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

speedy_ns

• Novi Sad Serbia
    • Omega B 2.5 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19 March 2022, 22:11:07 »

So, if Hamilton isn't wining everybody else is cheating?  ::)
Mercedes ''spaceship''mirrors for example are confirmed legal. in past decade they had FIA protection more than all other teams  combined.
British fair play?? Like 2021 Silverstone lap one high speed crash at Copse Corner for example?
As a Ferrari fan, i honestly hope they made a competitive car this year. After strong qualification i hope Leclerc and Sainz can perform good tomorrow.
I would also like to see Mick catching some points.
I understand that Lewis is one of yours, but lets bee honest. All things considered, he‘s success came as a result of driving the fastest car.
As Kimi once said

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19 March 2022, 23:38:34 »

Speedy, who do you think will be ahead in the drivers championship at the end of the year? Leclerc or Sainz? I think Sainz will be on consistency.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

speedy_ns

• Novi Sad Serbia
    • Omega B 2.5 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 March 2022, 07:48:26 »

It's early to say, Leclerc is maybe little bit faster, but as you say Sainz is more consistent. I just hope Ferrari will let them race equally without team interference . It would be great to see battle between three or even four teams and they drivers.
Did anyone else noticed that Bottas is smiling again after long, long time? Great performance in qualifications btw..

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20 March 2022, 21:24:21 »

Ha ha. Do I feel sorry for Red Bull. Err no. That will wipe the smirk off his face. Pattern part fuel pumps?

Well done Ferrari but Wrong shade of red .

Lots of overtaking. I am back on board.

speedy_ns

• Novi Sad Serbia
    • Omega B 2.5 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 21 March 2022, 07:25:25 »

I agree. I't looks like we'll finally  have 3 teams battling for title. Merc will get better during season, as usual, but they are not as dominate as in previous 8 seasons. Bad luck for RB, but that LEC/WER battle was great, I was just worried that Dutch cruising missile could do something dangerous, but he showed maturity.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 21 March 2022, 08:41:19 »

Don’t worry speedy. Plenty of time for Max to demonstrate a lack of maturity when he has a few more did not finishes!

Bottas smile vanished with yet another poor race performance. Too much wheelspin!

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 21 March 2022, 13:05:44 »

So, if Hamilton isn't wining everybody else is cheating?  ::)
Mercedes ''spaceship''mirrors for example are confirmed legal. in past decade they had FIA protection more than all other teams  combined.
British fair play?? Like 2021 Silverstone lap one high speed crash at Copse Corner for example?
As a Ferrari fan, i honestly hope they made a competitive car this year. After strong qualification i hope Leclerc and Sainz can perform good tomorrow.
I would also like to see Mick catching some points.
I understand that Lewis is one of yours, but lets bee honest. All things considered, he‘s success came as a result of driving the fastest car.
As Kimi once said

Ah...James Hunt.

Rumour has it he banged a Japanese grid girl in the garage before the race. ;D ;D

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 21 March 2022, 18:13:22 »

James Hunt , very much a man of his time , wouldn't get near a F1 car today though ?

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 21 March 2022, 18:31:37 »

James Hunt , very much a man of his time , wouldn't get near a F1 car today though ?

Yep.....booze and fag in hand. Dolly birds to shag after a win (or a crash)

1976 was also the year Barry Sheene won the title. Much the same as Hunt he was very fond of the booze and the birds. :y

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 21 March 2022, 19:08:01 »

He was lucky to get near one then tbh. The press called him Hunt the shunt, and fellow racers called him Hunt the ***t.
He was lucky in that Hesketh took a chance on him, and then McLaren needed a driver and there werent many established drivers available at that particular time.
He did make the most of it for the 76 season, but everyone knew if Lauda hadnt had his accident, he would have  won the title very easily that year.
That one year was Hunts high point and he did nothing after it, before retiring.
He was a character and became famous for that, but as a driver, was in the right place at the right time, and managed one decent season out of it.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 21 March 2022, 20:46:34 »

Much like Damon Hill, only more interesting...  :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 31 March 2022, 23:43:18 »

Coverage of last seasons finale in Abu Dhabi has ben nominated for a BAFTA in the sports category.
Oh the irony !  ::)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 18 queries.