Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Keeping Cool At Work  (Read 297 times)

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
Keeping Cool At Work
« on: 18 June 2022, 00:43:29 »

Reading different things around the net regards keeping cool at home (including another thread here with excellent tips around the home)

Also a post regards a person walking a dog with no issues but after being locked in a cae for 20 mins the poor dog had passed :'(

What is the hottest day in british history?

The warmest day ever recorded in the UK was July 25, 2019, when the mercury hit 38.7C in Cambridge. The reading, taken at Cambridge University Botanic Garden, just edged the previous UK record of 38.5C which was recorded near Faversham, in Kent, on August 10, 2003

I thought the hottest day was back in 76 but seems its been hotter since.

I started work in 77 where we maintaned a food factory and various buildings.

Normally the girls in the factory had to wear hair nets, cotton head wear, smocks with tabard or apron over anything personal they wore and a pair of wellies,

As the heat of summer came,  the outer doors were left wide open (but had no effect due to the PVC type curtains at the doors).  Multiple space heaters just used as fans

The hotter it got the salt/orange drinks were handed out & the less the girls would wear, ALL the underwear came off, aprons and tabards were abandoned, buttons and zips were oped and quite often . . . . well the rest you can all image the things I would see on a daily basis.

In the office block the directors complained about the amount of fans purchased but none were available for the directors to use. :-\

In seems after an investigation took place that all the fans were under the office girls desks to keep them cool and the funny smell was blamed on the nearby canteen. ::)

The good old day - I loved them. 8)
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Keeping Cool At Work
« Reply #1 on: 18 June 2022, 06:56:44 »

Dogs can overheat just being out on a gentle walk. In this heat ,ours goes out first thing for a walk and last thing at night just before bed with a requested comfort break or two in between.

That summer, I worked at QES ( plastic injection moulding factory in Nottingham). The temp was over a 100 everyday inside. Chilwell depot threatened to walkout as it was over 90F. I used to drink five pints of milk each day at work.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 18 queries.