Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Site Expectations  (Read 5299 times)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: Site Expectations
« Reply #15 on: 08 January 2021, 19:57:16 »

I would echo the above. Ive been here most of the time since about a year after the forum started. Had many many laughs (particularly in the earlier days), took things to heart and too seriously at times and got into silly arguments that should never have happened, would definitely take back quite a few things Ive said, spat my dummy and left then came back,but for almost all of the time have thoroughly enjoyed it and learned a hell of a lot about cars and many other things.
I still think we could have an anonymous funding setup of some sort.
Still the best car forum out there.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 08 January 2021, 20:00:05 »

I would echo the above. Ive been here most of the time since about a year after the forum started. Had many many laughs (particularly in the earlier days), took things to heart and too seriously at times and got into silly arguments that should never have happened, would definitely take back quite a few things Ive said, spat my dummy and left then came back,but for almost all of the time have thoroughly enjoyed it and learned a hell of a lot about cars and many other things.
I still think we could have an anonymous funding setup of some sort.
Still the best car forum out there.
I've meant everything I've said, Paddy  ;D
Diesel till I die

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 08 January 2021, 20:01:16 »

Far cough Scouse Git.  ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 08 January 2021, 20:03:22 »

This site and it's members kept my Omega going for me for 11 years, where otherwise I probably would have let it go after a year or so.  :y

Not only that, the banter, the varied discussions, the interesting project threads and everything else to be found here, not to mention the comradery, kept me going through a dark and difficult time a few years ago.  :)

Many thanks to all involved!  :y :y :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 08 January 2021, 20:08:16 »

I've been Omega-less for quite a number of years, but this forum (or rather it's members) have a certain way of keeping me entertained.  The amount of times I start laughing at the laptop, only for the Missus to say "you on that stupid website again"......

Of course, this is primarily a Vauxhall Omega forum, with a wealth of knowledge on everything from *cough* tyres, to cambelts, but what makes this particular place special, is the overwhelming desire of everyone (except Uncle Steve) to help with problems from Washing Machines to Washing Lines to Boilers to Fish Keeping to PC Technical Support.

I wouldn't be without this place...... it's the first tab that opens, and usually the last one I close down.

I agree with Albs, there really should be some way of contributing a few pennies as and when they are available.

2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Merlot Red Stg1 noobtune
2009 Saab 9-5 Turbo Edition Titan Grey Stg3 noobtune
2017 Vauxhall Vivaro L1H1 125PS Star Silver

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 08 January 2021, 20:16:33 »

I found the site after having to scrap my beloved Senator and buying my first Omega. It turned out it had all the usual Omega issues, plus a knackered AR25.
I was on the point of admitting defeat and deciding I had wasted £1200 ( more than I usually spend on a car, even now) when I decided to search the new fangled interweb for some answers.
I discovered OOF and over the course of the next few months rekindled my interest in working on cars and had the old girl running like a Swiss watch. Even replaced the gearbox by myself with a £45 one from that new EBAY thing I knew nothing about. I then amazed myself the first time I changed a V6 cambelt, with the help of the OOF DVD. When I first joined., I swore I would never buy another one.
Ive been driving the damn things ever since.  ::) ;D

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 08 January 2021, 20:21:30 »

I can only agree with what has already been said  :)
a fantastic forum  :)
which is rare these days ,many forums have died due to constant spammers and the time and costs involved in keeping them alive

so a big thank you to Jamie and the moderator team for all the work they put in  :y

I rarely even see spam on here

I'd be happy to contribute  ,not everyone will want too ,or can afford too in these "unprecedented times"  :P
but surely the forum could remain free to view ,regardless of any contribution 

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 09 January 2021, 08:13:20 »

Great forum discovered when I purchased my Omega 2010 I think provides a host of useful info + plenty of amusement..😃
Happy to provide financial support.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 09 January 2021, 08:35:43 »

All the above, doubled, in spades. I have recently, reluctantly, sold my last Omega of two, having run them for 21 years, only because, as my wife’s carer, I am,sadly, no longer able to spend time tinkering in the garage, however I still enjoy this encyclopaedic forum, and have tried and failed previously to persuade Jaime to allow us to contribute to its running costs. :y

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 09 January 2021, 10:47:31 »

Yep, I remember finding this site in early 2007 having bought a 2nd hand Omega and wondering what on earth I'd got myself into buying such a potential liability.

Shortly afterwards, I attended a cam belt party at TheBoy's garage (V1.0), met a load of great people who knew the car inside out and realised that I shouldn't have worried.

12 Years and about 200,000miles later the Omega moved on but the great people remain.

Looking forward to another meet once this nonsense is behind us. :y
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 09 January 2021, 11:58:45 »

I sold my Omega about 18 months after I joined but still here as haven't found anything close elsewhere :y
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 09 January 2021, 17:32:22 »

having bought a 2nd hand Omega and wondering what on earth I'd got myself into buying such a potential liability.
More than your earlier Morris Ital ? :o ;D
Grumpy old man

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 09 January 2021, 19:16:30 »

Yeah, been here five years and without this forum I would not have my Omega. Simple as that. I mean I’ve had plenty of help even James rebuilding my engine for nothing!👍 good place for a bit of fun and discussion too.
Laying a rubber road.

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 10 January 2021, 11:03:52 »

Really impressed with this site - joined in 2007 when trying to sort out the colour display. Met up with Jamie and Tunnie and Kevin to get a handle on  screen set up and then managed to source part from Germany - vx wanted mega money of course. Many thanks to you all kept Omega for 12 years but have moved on now. Site now helping with other Astra issues and Tunnie helped out on vw codes.
« Last Edit: 10 January 2021, 11:20:10 by pscocoa »
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://[/img]
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 19 queries.