Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3066053 times)

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #23895 on: 10 June 2022, 00:05:55 »

Astra H 1.7 CDTI dirty diesel edition will return over 60 mpg  ;)
Isuzu engine
we have 2   :)  that are NOT for sale  :D

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #23896 on: 10 June 2022, 00:10:51 »

the Zafira A 2.0 DTi tractor juice edition  died  :o
no crank  :-\
battery OK, so looked at the ignition switch ,broke the retainer on the barrel  :( (very common fail )
switch OK
wired a test lamp to solenoid on starter ,has electricary when the key is turned to crank .

so new starter ordered ,along with new keys and barrel and ignition switch
(about £80 in parts ) starter is a right pig to get at .

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #23897 on: 10 June 2022, 00:20:45 »

In other news ....
fitted some cheap cats to the Omega ,left the post cat lambdas off  :-X (no holes for them )  :-X

my mum , who i have to call in on quite often (79 this month and has dementia) had a couple of falls ,one while i was under the Omega replacing cats that scum bags stole  >:(
that was 8 hours in A&E with Mum 
out of about 20 staff ,nurses ,doctors etc ,NOT ONE sanitised their hands  >:(

second fall she had saw her admitted (after hours in A&E)
so trips to the hospital etc with a blowing N/S cat , because the aftermarket pipe fitment is crap and i need to have another "GO" at it  :(
so Mum had a pace maker fitted Tuesday ,she's out of hospital now and hard work ,dementia is horrible , it's like having a 79 year old naughty child  :(

not great timing having my cats stolen  ::)

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #23898 on: 10 June 2022, 00:31:59 »

I feel for you mate🙁 it’s bad enough you’ve got these pricks stealing from you and even if they get caught they get a joke as justification a couple of weeks in Nick at the most is all they would get🙁 at least you managed to get your mother looked after and we all know that’s the number one priority👍 Shame them f uckers made it harder for you, I really hope the bastards need help from someone who can’t turn up due to someone stealing from their potential saviours. Anyway all the best for you and your mum👍
Laying a rubber road.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #23899 on: 10 June 2022, 00:37:42 »

Thanks Rae  :)
I believe in karma and that God (or someone ) will piss on the thieving scumbags fireworks in future  :D

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23900 on: 10 June 2022, 06:48:30 »

Sorry to hear about you mum, Dave. Is there any other family that can help out, or is it all down to you?
Diesel till I die

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #23901 on: 10 June 2022, 09:11:26 »

Yesterday went to change o/s front wheel bearing and suspension strut[spring was hitting the inner wing :o]on step daughters C70 the bolts holding the brake caliper carrier to the steering knuckle were not only rusted to the knuckle but had been rounded off >:( so steering knuckle removed entirely and I took it to a local garage for them to get the bolts out. At the same time noticed the four bolts holding the bearing were also looking rather chewed so got the garage to remove those also.back at the car the bearing/hub was rusted solidly to the steering knuckle[it should basically just tap out]and needed a slim chisel and 2lb lump hammer to extract it[can you tell this car has not been previously well looked after :D]anyway reassembly went a lot more smoothly and the horrible vibration the car has had since she bought it a few months ago has now been banished :y Rear springs[both broken]next on the agenda.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #23902 on: 10 June 2022, 09:16:16 »

Sorry to hear about you mum, Dave. Is there any other family that can help out, or is it all down to you?
Thanks Uncle Stemo   :)

Due to Norovirus ,nrsa and covid restrictions ,I was the only person able to go to the hospital .

the rest of the family have regular jobs , i can drop what i'm doing and sort out emergencies ,so i do  ;)

my brother did babysit her yesterday (now she's home) while i sorted out cars  :)

my other brother may well have her at the weekend  :)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23903 on: 10 June 2022, 11:36:20 »

Due to Norovirus ,nrsa and covid restrictions ,I was the only person able to go to the hospital .

the rest of the family have regular jobs , i can drop what i'm doing and sort out emergencies ,so i do  ;)

my brother did babysit her yesterday (now she's home) while i sorted out cars  :)

That's good, at least you are not taking it on all by yourself. I believe it can be overwhelming.
Diesel till I die

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23904 on: 10 June 2022, 12:09:42 »

That's good, at least you are not taking it on all by yourself. I believe it can be overwhelming.

Indeed, it can be overwhelming. A word of warning Dave, when it happened to my mum, and then my dad, a paramedic took me to one side and said take care of yourself mate. He said it’ll creep up on you without you even knowing. He was right, after a while it nearly broke me, I would look up at the sky and ask for help, and I’m not religious. I had both my mum and dad with dementia in the same room. It’s been six years now since the dementia hit them, my mum is still plodding along the same but I lost my dad in February this year.
So, heed the paramedics advice Dave. Take time out for yourself, or you’ll end up like I was, questioning the whole purpose of life and wondering if it was really worth it.
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

cignet

• Hereford
    • Omega est 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #23905 on: 10 June 2022, 20:32:23 »

As no one has offered any help to my request in "Electrical " under "Headlamp adjusters" I assume it is a problem unsolved since the demise of the aluminium mod.There are no new spares so check out used.
First recd was scruffy [ex plod??] adjuster was shattered 3 pieces plus dust Evostuck to get dimensions and tried to hand fabricate the moulding!!!!! In parallel had ordered another lamp from Lithuania on a promise it was in good condition.It also had a fractured adjuster!!! Thanks to the pioneers who told us how to separate lens from body I got stuck in to both units.The second unit had only a simple fracture with two parts.I am cementing together at present and plan on reinforcing next.
We must avoid mot failure for this minor item and I apea :-[l to any members with an ally adjuster to give us the dimensions so we can keep our miggys rolling

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23906 on: 10 June 2022, 22:28:55 »

As no one has offered any help to my request in "Electrical " under "Headlamp adjusters" I assume it is a problem unsolved since the demise of the aluminium mod. There are no new spares so check out used.

We must avoid mot failure for this minor item and I appeal :-[l to any members with an ally adjuster to give us the dimensions so we can keep our miggys rolling

You assume wrong, as it's been discussed several times, and feasible solutions offered.

New ones would only be the original inadequate design and material.

Why must we?

Check your thread again where you'll find some piccy-wiccies of the latest thinking

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #23907 on: 10 June 2022, 23:02:34 »

With the massive help of Guru Addy, have got the engine back in the bay. Sadly the combination of the weight of the engine and my idiocy, I've snapped an engine mount clean in two. So thats yet another delay! Oh well ...
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #23908 on: 10 June 2022, 23:50:58 »

Indeed, it can be overwhelming. A word of warning Dave, when it happened to my mum, and then my dad, a paramedic took me to one side and said take care of yourself mate. He said it’ll creep up on you without you even knowing. He was right, after a while it nearly broke me, I would look up at the sky and ask for help, and I’m not religious. I had both my mum and dad with dementia in the same room. It’s been six years now since the dementia hit them, my mum is still plodding along the same but I lost my dad in February this year.
So, heed the paramedics advice Dave. Take time out for yourself, or you’ll end up like I was, questioning the whole purpose of life and wondering if it was really worth it.
Sorry to hear you've been through it too .
yes ,it's doing my head in at times ,very hard work and very difficult NOT to get annoyed with her ,
though I know it's not her fault ,I'm getting fed up of saying "use your zimma frame"
maybe if i gaffa tape her hands to it   :P
Hopefully my brother will take her for the weekend ,i'm getting nothing done .

It's like Mum doesn't even care my Omega's exhaust is blowing and needs my time too   :D

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #23909 on: 11 June 2022, 00:48:50 »

NCT (MOT) passed with no advisories on the Omega .
Test conducted at 10.45 pm on a Friday night .....appointment was made in April and this was first slot available . ::)
The privately run National Test operation in Ireland is very efficient . ;D

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 18 queries.