Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3054667 times)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #24165 on: 22 July 2022, 09:13:13 »

I read somewhere once that the BRG as used on the '20s/'30s Bentleys was "invented" in Ireland.
Put a new crank sensor on step daughters C70 convertible.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24166 on: 22 July 2022, 09:24:59 »

I read somewhere once that the BRG as used on the '20s/'30s Bentleys was "invented" in Ireland.
Put a new crank sensor on step daughters C70 convertible.

And you could take your pick from 40 different shades.  ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #24167 on: 22 July 2022, 09:46:21 »

Johnnydog..you have pm

Replied Rae :y
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #24168 on: 22 July 2022, 10:06:16 »

My C-type Jaguar replica is due to go to the painter's this Monday, and I asked the paint honcho to look up Jaguar BRG..... he just called to say there were at least five different shades. And a search for BRG threw up 24 shades. I am looking for the very dark green used on the works racing C-types and D-types.
Does anybody have the correct colour code for a modern equivalent? We are not allowed to use cellulose any more, but I am told that the people in the paint shop are able to mix a two-pack to give a slightly mattish finish much like the appearance of cellulose. But I want to get the shade of green exactly right. Can anybody help?
Laying a rubber road.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #24169 on: 22 July 2022, 10:06:52 »

Not mine🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Laying a rubber road.

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #24170 on: 22 July 2022, 10:28:07 »

My C-type Jaguar replica is due to go to the painter's this Monday, and I asked the paint honcho to look up Jaguar BRG..... he just called to say there were at least five different shades. And a search for BRG threw up 24 shades. I am looking for the very dark green used on the works racing C-types and D-types.
Does anybody have the correct colour code for a modern equivalent? We are not allowed to use cellulose any more, but I am told that the people in the paint shop are able to mix a two-pack to give a slightly mattish finish much like the appearance of cellulose. But I want to get the shade of green exactly right. Can anybody help?
Good luck with that one.

A quick search with google brings up a series of green c-types (plus a red one and a polished aluminium one). All the green ones are a different shade - it looks to me as though each one was mixed on the day with no reference to a colour chart.

On that basis I think you can legitimately pick a photo of the one you like best and ask them to mix that one for you  :)
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24171 on: 22 July 2022, 10:48:32 »

Failed to find a source of aftermarket shocks for the car.  So it'll have to be a dealer :(
Grumpy old man

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24172 on: 22 July 2022, 11:05:13 »

You're thinking about the colour far more than they ever did when cars were new. And they were racing cars, so nobody cared too much if the paint mix wasn't quite the same across the team cars, or repairs didn't match. What you want is a standard RAL code green that's the same sort of shade as the cars you remember. That will then be easy to repair if it ever becomes necessary.

Cellulose shouldn't have a 'mattish' finish. Nor should 2k. That's entirely down to how it's applied, and again older cars were painted in less than ideal circumstances and race cars in particular weren't polished afterwards.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #24173 on: 22 July 2022, 15:13:19 »

I agree Nick it’s not my car (unfortunately  :') but yes green was green for the racer then I suppose  :y
Laying a rubber road.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #24174 on: 22 July 2022, 16:05:55 »

Had a boring hour or two doing the annual insurance reshuffle. Saved £200 compared to the auto renewal prices ( ::) ::) ::)). Also now got £66 cashback pending, so time well spent.  :y

456lbft

• Northants
  • Exhaust manufacturer from Northamptonshire
    • Omega MV6-Fred
    • View Profile
« Reply #24175 on: 22 July 2022, 18:21:48 »

Wiping the black car over ready for VBOA this weekend, hope to go tomorrow afternoon, and definitely Sunday with the white Carlton on a trailer behind a tow vehicle with tools and AC!
I wonder if there'll be any other Omegas there this year? 
Carlton 3.6 Track Car
Omega 3.2 MV6 Fred

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #24176 on: 22 July 2022, 20:35:52 »

Had the oil and filter changed, and 2 new Sailun Atrezzo ZSR tyres on the front of the V70, all for the grand total of £214.72 at a nearby National Tyres.  :)

Later on the old girl thanked me for my benevolence when going through a shower of rain the drivers windscreen wiper broke up.  So I pulled in and put the passenger side wiper on which is smaller and crap!  ::) Then a bit later she thanked me again when I was doing a three point turn in a narrow country lane in the sticks and the button on the gear shift broke and I couldn't get it into Park or Reverse.  ::)

So I limped the 50 odd miles home through torrential rain with one crap windscreen wiper and no reverse gear!  :-\ 

Luckily I didn't meet any tractors or combines in the narrow twistys, but I did have to pull over a couple of times when the rain got so heavy that I couldn't see out!  :-[

So more of what the car did to me, rather than what I did to the car!  :D

Maybe she didn't like the cheap tyres?  ???  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #24177 on: 23 July 2022, 18:03:27 »

New air filter for the V70 turned up so fitted that, then remembered I had a couple of cabin filters stashed away that I hadn't got round to fitting.

The filter I had for the V70 turned out to be the wrong part and when I looked at a youtube vid to see how to fit the Mondeo's one, it involved taking the fusebox and glove box out. As it had started to spit with rain, I thought duck fat! and came in.  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24178 on: 23 July 2022, 20:22:01 »

Finally found a bit of motivation and energy, to start putting Pierre back together. Start being the operative word.  :D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #24179 on: 23 July 2022, 20:48:58 »

Oil, Oil Filter, topped up washer fluid and coolant and re-seated the outside air temp sensor back in it's correct place on the Astra.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 19 queries.