Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega LPG Value  (Read 4690 times)

1stOmega

• View Profile
Omega LPG Value
« on: 11 December 2009, 15:52:08 »

Ive got a Vauxhall Omega Saloon with LPG conversion on a S Plate 1999 2.0 Auto CDX built in Phone and Extras only 70,000 on the clock how much it worth with a mot thanks for the help

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Omega LPG Value
« Reply #1 on: 11 December 2009, 16:00:55 »

Hello and welcome... :y :y :y

If you're buying a Brand New car it's worth £2k... If you're just looking to sell then it's worth what someone will pay. :y :y :y

Tax? MOT? Service history? Last cambelt change? These all affect price IMHO but I'd be expecting £500-900 at the most TBH :-/ :-/

Edited because I was being a bit miserly ::) ::)
« Last Edit: 11 December 2009, 16:14:48 by Lazydocker »
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

davethediver

• Omega Knight
  • Blackburn, Lancs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 December 2009, 16:01:41 »

Why are you looking to sell, see if youve been fleeced :question

Work carried out on it, pictures, condition all would help but as a guess maybe 600 -1000 depending on the lpg conversion :-/ :-/

EDIT - Must type faster and not be as generous with my valuations ;D ;D
« Last Edit: 11 December 2009, 16:02:29 by davethediver »
“It is not necessary to understand things in order to argue about them.”
P.A. Caron de Beaumarchais

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 December 2009, 16:02:48 »

LPG in reality makes little difference to the value of a car, you'd get abou £900 on a good day

pembroke

• Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11 December 2009, 16:33:36 »

LPG in reality makes little difference to the value of a car, you'd get abou £900 on a good day

If a car runs on LPG and greatly reduces fuel costs, why would that make little difference? I would pay more for a performance car that returned 50 mpg instead of 25mpg, sounds like common sense?

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11 December 2009, 16:44:40 »

If a car runs on LPG and greatly reduces fuel costs, why would that make little difference? I would pay more for a performance car that returned 50 mpg instead of 25mpg, sounds like common sense?

Not a lot of people want LPG, they take up huge amounts of the boot, make them much more impractical, you can't fold down seats and push things through.

Unless you got for smaller hidden tanks, then range is an issue. LPG enabled car will sell for about the same as standrd petrol, onces listed £1k above book are just kidding themselves.

I am only doing it as i want to reduce my £400 a month fuel bill, with a car i know and trust.

90% of people just buy a car that works, and don't want to have to fiddle with LPG settings every so often.

If i had to buy again, and needed to keep fuel costs down i would go the diesel route, and not LPG, as its just as economical.
« Last Edit: 11 December 2009, 16:46:33 by tunnie »

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11 December 2009, 17:05:28 »

Not a lot of people want LPG, they take up huge amounts of the boot, make them much more impractical, you can't fold down seats and push things through.

Unless you got for smaller hidden tanks, then range is an issue. LPG enabled car will sell for about the same as standrd petrol, onces listed £1k above book are just kidding themselves.

I am only doing it as i want to reduce my £400 a month fuel bill, with a car i know and trust.

90% of people just buy a car that works, and don't want to have to fiddle with LPG settings every so often.

If i had to buy again, and needed to keep fuel costs down i would go the diesel route, and not LPG, as its just as economical.

I beg to differ... Diesel is twice the price of LPG, if not a bit more, and requires a lot more servicing. Plus, when an oil burner goes wrong it is expensive (as a generalisation) whereas a LPG/Petrol may be cheaper... Plus you get the fun and power of a big petrol for the same running costs as a hatchback :y :y

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11 December 2009, 17:35:05 »

Economy of Diesel v LPG....  :(

Running a 3.2 litre 1.5 tonne Omega it's costing me about 14 pence a mile on LPG.

With diesel costing 111 p a litre here .. thats £5.04 a gallon, on diesel I'd have to average 36 mpg to equal LPG costs.

Now there are lots of diesel motors that get better than 36 mpg ... but how many match the performance and comfort of my 3.2 Omega ??? 

:)

And thats ignoreing the previous post which I whole heartedly agree with

« Last Edit: 11 December 2009, 17:35:48 by entwood »

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11 December 2009, 17:38:40 »

But I will add that the potential inconvenience of having a tank does need to be included in the equation :y :y

All things considered... I'm still after a 3.2 estate, which I'll Gas Convert with the Stag kit and a toroidal tank in the spare wheel well, to run into the ground.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11 December 2009, 17:50:04 »

Economy of Diesel v LPG....  :(

Running a 3.2 litre 1.5 tonne Omega it's costing me about 14 pence a mile on LPG.

With diesel costing 111 p a litre here .. thats £5.04 a gallon, on diesel I'd have to average 36 mpg to equal LPG costs.

Now there are lots of diesel motors that get better than 36 mpg ... but how many match the performance and comfort of my 3.2 Omega ??? 

And thats ignoreing the previous post which I whole heartedly agree with

Thats whats putting me off converting the V6, i am averaging that now just on petrol! (slightly more id say 15p mile) - I spend all my time on the motorway so converting a 3.2 is not going to give me anything.

I am predicting 8/9p a mile on LPG if i can get 25mpg @ LPG 49.0 per litre, i get 31-35 on average with petrol, so i think 25 is do-able.

chipped 2.5 TD will easily do more than 36 on a run, id say more like 45-50, still have comfort of the Omega, smooth 6 pots, just not as much power.
« Last Edit: 11 December 2009, 17:51:47 by tunnie »

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11 December 2009, 17:58:24 »

I see your point entirely .... but the 14 p/mile is over nearly 2 years and includes towing a rather large caravan some decent distances .. ie  south of France !!!

Looking at the spreadsheet, on runs up to Huddersfield when the lad lived there, so mostly motorway cruising ... it was running at a shade under 9.0 pence a mile ... so using that it would need a diesel to get around 45 mpg to be equal .....:)

At the end of the day it's your choice .. I wanted the grunt and flexibility of the 3.2 petrol ... so bought one and gassed it ... but it wouldn't suit everyone.. :)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11 December 2009, 18:01:25 »

I see your point entirely .... but the 14 p/mile is over nearly 2 years and includes towing a rather large caravan some decent distances .. ie  south of France !!!

Looking at the spreadsheet, on runs up to Huddersfield when the lad lived there, so mostly motorway cruising ... it was running at a shade under 9.0 pence a mile ... so using that it would need a diesel to get around 45 mpg to be equal .....:)

At the end of the day it's your choice .. I wanted the grunt and flexibility of the 3.2 petrol ... so bought one and gassed it ... but it wouldn't suit everyone.. :)

Thats more like it, and what i expect to get. Main reason i am going LPG is i am no longer contracting and want to reduce my fuel bill. Also the amount of times a diesel has kept up with mother tunnies 3.0 is shocking  :o

davethediver

• Omega Knight
  • Blackburn, Lancs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11 December 2009, 18:03:36 »

I'm in a similar situation to tunnie, 2.2 and somewhere in the region of 3-4K miles a month.

I had thought about the 3.2 and gassing it fuel prices in the uk are getting a bit steep >:(

But then their is the issue of insurance for us youths and the obligatory marks on the licence i would surely end up with ;D ;D
“It is not necessary to understand things in order to argue about them.”
P.A. Caron de Beaumarchais

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 11 December 2009, 18:06:16 »

I'm in a similar situation to tunnie, 2.2 and somewhere in the region of 3-4K miles a month.

I had thought about the 3.2 and gassing it fuel prices in the uk are getting a bit steep >:(

But then their is the issue of insurance for us youths and the obligatory marks on the licence i would surely end up with ;D ;D

Yup, insurance is more, i also find the 2.2 more relaxing to drive. Which is because i don't race anyone, in the Estate, i know i can 'have' that person, or if someone is tail gating, i can boot it away.

2.2 i know, i can't beat anything, so the cruise is set, and off i goes, i won't chase anything or try to boot it, because it just won't win.

Or maybe i need to control myself with more power under the toe  ;D

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 11 December 2009, 19:04:47 »

Yup, insurance is more, i also find the 2.2 more relaxing to drive. Which is because i don't race anyone, in the Estate, i know i can 'have' that person, or if someone is tail gating, i can boot it away.

2.2 i know, i can't beat anything, so the cruise is set, and off i goes, i won't chase anything or try to boot it, because it just won't win.

Or maybe i need to control myself with more power under the toe  ;D

Rather starngely I've found that I'm generally more sedate with a big car than when I was in my previous, less well powered cars....... Or perhaps that's just getting older :-/ :-/ ::) ::) ;D ;D
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 21 queries.