Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Price of petrol up again  (Read 3194 times)

SP_3.2

• Omega Baron
  • Leicester
    • drives A6 allroad 3.0tdi
    • View Profile
Price of petrol up again
« on: 10 January 2008, 11:12:26 »

On the way home last night and from the looks of things it has gone up 1-2p per liter again. Most places in Leicester are now 1.03 min for unleaded and 1.11p min for super.

Just seem to be going up and up >:(

Looks like i will need to keep using a very light right foot.
Also drive a Savage 25 niro truck...and flys a Bell 47 twister Savage 46 ss and a Tamiya audi TT ..for now.

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
Re: Price of petrol up again
« Reply #1 on: 10 January 2008, 11:16:39 »

:-/ :( >:(
« Last Edit: 10 January 2008, 11:17:10 by markjay »
Alas, no more Omegas....

Martin_1962

« Reply #2 on: 10 January 2008, 11:19:59 »

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10 January 2008, 11:24:49 »

Typical ain't it just after new year an all, and I just got a letter saying the interest rates went up 0.3% >:(

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10 January 2008, 11:38:07 »

I was sent a chain email from s friend (see below), not sure it will work though.?

We are hitting £106.9 for a litre of petrol . in some areas in the UK now; soon we will be faced to pay in excess of £1.10 per litre.

Philip Holdsworth offered this good idea!

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the 'don't buy petrol on a certain day campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy petrol. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea has come up with a plan that could (if put into practice) really work.

Please read it and join in!

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP, we need to take an aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the market place not sellers. With the price of petrol going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down is if we hit someone in the pocket by not purchasing their Petrol! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two biggest oil companies (which now are one), ESSO and BP.

If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact we need to reach literally millions of Esso and BP petrol buyers. It's really simple to do!!

Now, don't wimp out on me at this point... Keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to a lot of people. If each of you send it  to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it.....

THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people. That's it, (and don’t buy at ESSO/BP). How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!! Acting together we can make a difference if this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE 69p a LITRE RANGE (wouldn’t hat be nice).

It's easy to make this happen. Just forward this email, and buy your petrol at Shell, Asda, Tesco, Sainsbury's, Morrison’s Jet etc. I.e. boycott BP and Esso.

Jay w

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth/Poole
  • omega gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10 January 2008, 11:42:01 »

Typical ain't it just after new year an all, and I just got a letter saying the interest rates went up 0.3% >:(

Eh!!!!

Interest rates went down the last time the BOE met.

are due to stay the same this month
« Last Edit: 10 January 2008, 11:43:16 by jay_w »

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10 January 2008, 11:58:27 »

Eh!!!!

Thats what I thought, my mortgage rate went down last month, but they have hit me 0.3 on my re-mortgage >:(, will need to be calling them about that I think >:(

ians

• Omega Baron
  • Reading
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10 January 2008, 12:00:36 »

Eh!!!!

actually aren't they meeting today?  the report I heard said they were likely to go down  .25%.

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10 January 2008, 12:03:15 »

Mortgage companies send you the letter the day after the BOE raise interest rates to tell you yours has gone up but it takes them weeks for the letter to tell you its gone down, if you receive one at all :(
« Last Edit: 10 January 2008, 12:03:53 by Elite_Pete »
Retired

ians

• Omega Baron
  • Reading
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10 January 2008, 12:09:49 »

Mortgage companies send you the letter the day after the BOE raise interest rates to tell you yours has gone up but it takes them weeks for the letter to tell you its gone down, if you receive one at all :(

..bit like the price of chips..

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 10 January 2008, 12:11:03 »

Bit like fuel prices then, really? Cost of barrel goes up, pass straight on  to customer. Cost of a barrel drops, customer over said barrel!

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10 January 2008, 12:12:44 »

Bit like fuel prices then, really? Cost of barrel goes up, pass straight on  to customer. Cost of a barrel drops, customer over said barrel!

Kevin

We've only got ourselves to blame, we/I moan about it all the time but do nothing  :-[
Retired

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 10 January 2008, 12:14:38 »

We've only got ourselves to blame, we/I moan about it all the time but do nothing  Embarrassed

You're right, Pete. Must get that LPG kit organised.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 10 January 2008, 12:15:56 »

We've only got ourselves to blame, we/I moan about it all the time but do nothing  Embarrassed

You're right, Pete. Must get that LPG kit organised.

Kevin
:y
Retired

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 10 January 2008, 12:30:07 »

Well it appears my re-mortgage loan which is with First plus is not based on the BOE rates they base theirs on the Finance House Base Rate (FHBR) here; http://www.fla.org.uk/fla/stats/LatestFHBR.riv

FHBR rate is currently 6.5% but the rate I am now being charged is 10.3% >:(, so thats 3.8% over the FHBR rate, rather robbin tinkers >:(
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 19 queries.