Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Really???  (Read 252 times)

crazyjoetavola

Really???
« on: 02 June 2009, 17:13:23 »

I found this to be most surprising......really ;) ;)

honestly...... ;) ;)

no joking...... ;) ;)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1190060/Former-MI6-chief-Sir-Richard-Dearlove-warns-disturbing-surveillance-society.html

The serious and disturbing thing is, that it's here to stay..... really ;) ;)

honestly..... ;) ;)

no joking...... ;) ;)
« Last Edit: 02 June 2009, 17:14:03 by crazyjoetavola »

Lizzie_Zoom

Re: Really???
« Reply #1 on: 02 June 2009, 17:33:14 »

I am afraid I was not surprised with any of that content Zulu, as I already know that western liberal democratic freedoms are under threat from the perceived or real requirement for high levels of security.

The state feels threatened so is responding, with all its powers, through thousands of its agents desperately trying to keep the public "safe", which leads to over kill.  Heaven forbid if we ever suffer an attack on the mainland to the level of 9/11 or greater! :o :o :o ::) ::) ::)
« Last Edit: 02 June 2009, 17:33:59 by Lizzie_Zoom »

crazyjoetavola

« Reply #2 on: 02 June 2009, 17:50:24 »

I am afraid I was not surprised with any of that content Zulu, as I already know that western liberal democratic freedoms are under threat from the perceived or real requirement for high levels of security.

The state feels threatened so is responding, with all its powers, through thousands of its agents desperately trying to keep the public "safe", which leads to over kill.  Heaven forbid if we ever suffer an attack on the mainland to the level of 9/11 or greater! :o :o :o ::) ::) ::)

And there's the rub Ms Zoom.  We'll have to take the medicine - even if it kills us :D :D :y

HolyCount

« Reply #3 on: 02 June 2009, 17:53:54 »

The one, big, thing the Government can do to protect us from terrorism is to control it's borders effectively -- put money back into border security. I don't mean xenophobic controls, just sensible security and surveillance -- as practised by the States and Australia. Stop being such a soft touch.

Then put police officers back on the streets, on foot, were they can see and be seen.

Oh, and extradite muslim (or any other anti-britain) extremists as soon as they show their colours.

crazyjoetavola

« Reply #4 on: 02 June 2009, 17:56:38 »

The one, big, thing the Government can do to protect us from terrorism is to control it's borders effectively -- put money back into border security. I don't mean xenophobic controls, just sensible security and surveillance -- as practised by the States and Australia. Stop being such a soft touch.

Then put police officers back on the streets, on foot, were they can see and be seen.

Oh, and extradite muslim (or any other anti-britain) extremists as soon as they show their colours.

Would that the leglislators could let such reason prevail HC ::) ::) :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 19 queries.