Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Saw summat of concern earlier...  (Read 2723 times)

05omegav6

Saw summat of concern earlier...
« on: 31 March 2014, 21:03:15 »

I was in a procession of traffic earlier, and turned left at a junction. Just around the corner I had to stop in the queue. Waiting in the opposite queue was a coach on a school run. There was a school girl standing next to the driver and swaying. The driver was looking up at her and was repeatedly prodding her stomach. Both appeared to be laughing. It might have been totally innocuous or it could have been far more sinister :-\ Even out of context it struck me as being wholly inappropriate.

I know the name of the company and can identify the coach/driver, but was too far forward to see the number plate. I couldn't catch the rear number plate either as both queues moved off simultaneously and the car behind the bus was right behind it... nor could I turn round as I had a fare in the car.

Dilemma is what, if anything to do :-\

dad1uk

• Omega Knight
  • Birmingham
    • Vauxhall Zafira 2.2
    • View Profile
Re: Saw summat of concern earlier...
« Reply #1 on: 31 March 2014, 21:44:06 »

The company should know what coach is doing what route so should be able to track it down.
Worth a call to the company I would suggest - better safe than sorry! Even though all coach drivers dealing with school runs should be CRB checked - for what good it does.....
best wishes
Simon.

Lagondanet

• Omega Knight
  • Bedfordshire
  • The Omega is gone!
    • View Profile
    • Lagondanet
« Reply #2 on: 31 March 2014, 21:52:18 »

If you are concerned about it, and it seems you are, then just report it to the company. HR department?

1980 V8 Lagonda & a 2014 Adam & a 2015 Antara.

05omegav6

« Reply #3 on: 31 March 2014, 21:53:35 »

Will give them a call int morning...

Lagondanet

• Omega Knight
  • Bedfordshire
  • The Omega is gone!
    • View Profile
    • Lagondanet
« Reply #4 on: 31 March 2014, 21:57:58 »

Be interested to hear their reaction.

1980 V8 Lagonda & a 2014 Adam & a 2015 Antara.

05omegav6

« Reply #5 on: 31 March 2014, 22:02:03 »

Be interested to hear their reaction.
Indeed :-\

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 31 March 2014, 23:14:59 »

I was in a procession of traffic earlier, and turned left at a junction. Just around the corner I had to stop in the queue. Waiting in the opposite queue was a coach on a school run. There was a school girl standing next to the driver and swaying. The driver was looking up at her and was repeatedly prodding her stomach. Both appeared to be laughing. It might have been totally innocuous or it could have been far more sinister :-\ Even out of context it struck me as being wholly inappropriate.

I know the name of the company and can identify the coach/driver, but was too far forward to see the number plate. I couldn't catch the rear number plate either as both queues moved off simultaneously and the car behind the bus was right behind it... nor could I turn round as I had a fare in the car.

Whatever way you look at it the behavior you describe is inappropriate, you could report it to the bus company, best though to report it to the school, ask for the Designated Safeguarding Lead, and that will get the ball rolling, via the LA and their transport manager and it will be looked into.......... :y :y

If the driver is totally innocent he will be given some needed 'advice' on the other hand, you may never know what you have prevented........ ;) :y

05omegav6

« Reply #7 on: 31 March 2014, 23:19:54 »

Understood Vamps :y

Was thinking a call to the bus company and to 101... hadn't considered ringing the school :-\

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 31 March 2014, 23:28:38 »

what was apparently of concern?  :-\ :-\

05omegav6

« Reply #9 on: 31 March 2014, 23:32:34 »

Highlighted point of concern Mr B...

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 31 March 2014, 23:40:01 »

Highlighted point of concern Mr B...

I read that ..... hence my use of the word 'apparently' They were both at the front of the coach in full view of the world. I'd have thought that it was a joke between the two ......... they were both laughing, she could have move away from him  :-\

05omegav6

« Reply #11 on: 31 March 2014, 23:46:01 »

Quite possibly :-\ but arguably no need for anyone to be standing next to the driver, especially not a child :-\

I would have said at a glance that she was there voluntarily, not wanting to make a judgement 'out of context' but it didn't seem right however you look at it...

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 31 March 2014, 23:57:04 »

Quite possibly :-\ but arguably no need for anyone to be standing next to the driver, especially not a child :-\ ....

She might have known him other than being a coach/bus driver ..... neighbour/relative   :-\ :-\ Was the coach moving or stationary while she was stood talking to him?

05omegav6

« Reply #13 on: 01 April 2014, 00:04:39 »

Stationary anticipating a light change...

jonathanh

• Omega Knight
  • coventry
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 01 April 2014, 08:52:11 »

If you are concerned about it, and it seems you are, then just report it to the company. HR department?

Call the bus company yes, but don't bother with HR - usually an utter waste of space and wouldn't know what to do.
parking near Birmingham airport for members with +250 posts.  PM for info
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 22 queries.