Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: NCDC2013 is 'stuck' in Romsey..  (Read 4036 times)

aaronjb

Re: NCDC2013 is 'stuck' in Romsey..
« Reply #15 on: 28 September 2010, 20:26:39 »

Thanks TB, will try that in the morning :)

aaronjb

« Reply #16 on: 28 September 2010, 22:14:53 »

Finally got that to work and... Everything is 0. Forgot the camera so:

00/00 HDP0.0 DG 14:33 A S0.0
00:00:00. 00:00:00 H+0000 R0
N0- 0 N0- 0 N0- 0 N0- 0
N0- 0 N0- 0 N0- 0 N0- 0

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 29 September 2010, 18:22:11 »

Finally got that to work and... Everything is 0. Forgot the camera so:

00/00 HDP0.0 DG 14:33 A S0.0
00:00:00. 00:00:00 H+0000 R0
N0- 0 N0- 0 N0- 0 N0- 0
N0- 0 N0- 0 N0- 0 N0- 0
Thats your prob.

Are you completely sure the back of the cage isn't distorted?

If not, I'd probably pop the top of radio (2 screws to internal amp, sometimes 2 screws holding top on), then check internal gps cable plugged it.
Grumpy old man

aaronjb

« Reply #18 on: 29 September 2010, 18:25:54 »

It looks like it isn't.. but then it is hard to tell.  I think I'll pull the cage out at the weekend (or whenever it stops pouring with rain!) and see if there's enough reach on the cables to plug it all in sans-cage as a test.

I'll also pull the boot trim off and have a look at the aerial; there's an interesting 'tell tale' line in the polish around the base of the aerial that makes it look as though it's either been off the car at some point, or replaced with one slightly smaller (by 1/8" or so) than the original - so maybe someone forgot a plug at the other end (or replaced it with one without the GPS unit in the base, if such an aerial is available from Vx?) - or perhaps they were just in there looking for the same fault I am ;) Worth a look, either way..

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 29 September 2010, 19:03:02 »

It looks like it isn't.. but then it is hard to tell.  I think I'll pull the cage out at the weekend (or whenever it stops pouring with rain!) and see if there's enough reach on the cables to plug it all in sans-cage as a test.

I'll also pull the boot trim off and have a look at the aerial; there's an interesting 'tell tale' line in the polish around the base of the aerial that makes it look as though it's either been off the car at some point, or replaced with one slightly smaller (by 1/8" or so) than the original - so maybe someone forgot a plug at the other end (or replaced it with one without the GPS unit in the base, if such an aerial is available from Vx?) - or perhaps they were just in there looking for the same fault I am ;) Worth a look, either way..

Can you post a pic of the current aerial on the car?

aaronjb

« Reply #20 on: 29 September 2010, 19:25:51 »

Apologies for the fuzzomatic pic - it's dark and I haven't quite figured out how to use the DSLR with the flash  :-[ ;D

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 29 September 2010, 20:00:50 »

Hmmm, difficult to tell on the estate but the GPS and non-GPS bases look very similar.

Easiest way to tell is to remove the plastic trim at the rear end of the headlining, drop the headlining and locate the blue connector in the roof void and see how many of the three connectors are populated / see how many cables run from the aerial base.

aaronjb

« Reply #22 on: 29 September 2010, 20:08:37 »

Aye, I shall do that this weekend (rain permitting!) :)

Thanks :) Would be nice not to have to carry the TomTom around in the car ;) (although the maps are a bit out of date as they're from 2002!)

aaronjb

« Reply #23 on: 02 October 2010, 12:26:10 »

Right-o.. Took the headlining out today and checked the aerial end - all good there, everything plugged in.

Pulled the head unit out and the cage it sits in, checked the connections there and plugged it in outside of the cage - continuity on the gps antenna is good but still no signal.

Checked the wire inside the head unit too - also connected but.. Still no gps signal.

I think that leaves the only option as the head unit being goosed.. Which means looking for an un-paired unit on eBay, I guess..

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 02 October 2010, 12:47:07 »

If ever you get up this way....
Grumpy old man

aaronjb

« Reply #25 on: 02 October 2010, 12:54:10 »

You'll beat me up? ;)

charlie

• sunderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 02 October 2010, 13:08:30 »

could it not be the aerial ive gotb the same problem that i narrowed down to the lead from the kick panel to radio. i bought an aerial from maplins that when ive got the radio out of the cage and plug the aerial direct the gps signal comes straight on but with it being the lead thats broke ive got to use thedirect route straight to the back of the radio which is bloodly hard to keep the lead on the back of the radio when pushing it in >:(

2woody

• Omega Baron
  • Northumberland
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 02 October 2010, 22:11:03 »

This may be unconnected, but I have a friend who also has his sat-nav stuck in Romsey - and he's naver been there.

wierd

aaronjb

« Reply #28 on: 10 October 2010, 16:39:48 »

Alright, I finally got around to testing some stuff..

Bought a GPS aerial from Maplin that comes with the same connector as the one in the roof lining;  tested it there - still no GPS signal at the headunit.

Bodged a connector (read: bare wires) that I could shove into the back of the headunit; as long as I was holding it in place it then managed to see 8 satellites (although didn't lock on to any - quite probably it just needed more time than I was willing to sit there holding the wire in the back  ;D )

So it looks rather like my problem lies somewhere between the headunit and the aerial connection at the back; somewhere in that massive run of wiring.

At this point I think I might just keep a TomTom in the car! I hate dismantling interiors.. I always end up breaking half the clips I find :-/

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 10 October 2010, 17:31:05 »

Well that leaves either the kick panel connector or the plug at the head unit.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 18 queries.