Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: You're Under Arrest, Prepare to Die!  (Read 7567 times)

STEMO

Re: You're Under Arrest, Prepare to Die!
« Reply #30 on: 26 July 2017, 20:46:26 »

I've never, ever harassed you, James. Asking for a few pictures of you in your uniform (well, half of it) now and again is just my way of being friendly.  ;D

Ste seems to be feeling frisky tonight. Either they've run out of peanut butter or the whippet's gone on strike  :-X
My meds have kicked in, the horlicks will sort that out soon. ;D

STEMO

« Reply #31 on: 26 July 2017, 20:47:06 »

Quote from: STEMO link=topic=140320.msg1817224 #msg1817224 date=1501098055
So, as far as the law goes. If STMO harasses me just because he thinks I'm a plonker - that harassment is not a hate crime in law :y
I've never, ever harassed you, James. Asking for a few pictures of you in your uniform (well, half of it) now and again is just my way of being friendly.  ;D

Our secret, hey?   :-*
Ours and the hundreds of people I forwarded them to.  :y

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 26 July 2017, 22:41:09 »

"You're under arrest, now put your hands on the car and prepare to die"  ;D

Who is this clown  ;D

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/david-attenboroughs-producer-fergus-beeley-10858115

He sounds like John Cleese to me  ;D

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 26 July 2017, 22:51:12 »

Looking at the "selfie" of the family involved, they don,t look too worried about it to me. Just a case of of the other guy having "do you know who i am syndrome" ???

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #34 on: 26 July 2017, 23:16:24 »

He will be the one under arrest now going on what can be heard and seen on the recording.  His police interview will be very interesting.

Hopefully he will lose his job :(
This was three days ago, no police action so far. He can't 'lose his job', he's freelance and hasn't worked for the BBC for ten years.

Who said he would lose his job with the BBC?  Will anyone employ him after that madness?

Police action takes a time with all evidence being reviewed and victims / witnesses being interviewed.  Time will tell ;)
You carry on living in your own little world, Lizzie  ;)

Yeah, yeah, yeah.  No one but you is allowed an opinion.  Everyone knows that and that is why, as I have stated before, so few now contribute to this forum.

For your information I am working on a hate crime case with the police that so far has taken five weeks of investigation. It is only now that arrests can be made.

As criminal offences have been alleged, it will be down to the police if they want to present this to the CPS.  The family do not necessarily need to do anything but give statements.

Sorry Lizzie, but I don't understand how you can be working with the police on a hate crime case, when you obviously don't comprehend what constitutes a hate crime.  ::)

As to the mental dickhead in the video, I agree with Mr Gavs comment  ;D
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 26 July 2017, 23:42:30 »

He will be the one under arrest now going on what can be heard and seen on the recording.  His police interview will be very interesting.

This was three days ago, no police action so far. He can't 'lose his job', he's freelance and hasn't worked for the BBC for ten years.

Who said he would lose his job with the BBC?  Will anyone employ him after that madness?

Police action takes a time with all evidence being reviewed and victims / witnesses being interviewed.  Time will tell ;)

As criminal offences have been alleged, it will be down to the police if they want to present this to the CPS.  The family do not necessarily need to do anything but give statements.

This is not strictly the case. If the police feel there is sufficient evidence to charge a summary only or an either way offence,  and can show that

A) There is a realistic prospect of conviction
 B) Its in the public interest to do so, and
 C) All proportional lines of enquiry are complete

They do not need CPS approval to charge a suspect with an offence.

The only exceptions (pasted from cps.gov website) are:

a case involving a death;
connected with terrorist activity or official secrets;
classified as Hate Crime or Domestic Violence under CPS Policies;
an offence of Violent Disorder or Affray;
causing Grievous Bodily Harm or Wounding, or Actual Bodily Harm;
a Sexual Offences Act offence committed by or upon a person under 18;
an offence under the Licensing Act 2003.

Essentially the worst offence that's taken place in this incident is (in legal threshold terms) a low level public order offence. It doesn't appear to have been motivated by prejudice of one or more of the criteria I gave earlier.

My two main points, based on the information currently made public about this incident, are

- Cps are unlikely to be required in any decision

- If the alleged victims don't wish to give statements, there's unlikely to be a realistic prospect of conviction and it's unlikely to reach court. They don't "have" to give statements or support any action, and can't be made to do so.

aaronjb

« Reply #36 on: 27 July 2017, 09:29:51 »

So, as far as the law goes. If STMO harasses me just because he thinks I'm a plonker - that harassment is not a hate crime in law :y

If? If? Is there anyone he hasn't harassed? ;D

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 27 July 2017, 17:45:42 »

It was a minor RTA that took place , Police would not escalate that to a hate crime.
If ranting and raving and being shouty is a hate crime...I'll come quietly, officer  ;D

Sorry STEMO for my posts last night.  I was rather off the boil as I have spent the last 6 weeks working (I am meant to be retired!) in my role as an adviser for the police in a very complex hate crime case.  As DG rightly guessed I had NOT fully read the Mirror article as the iPad I was using to read it on kept on freezing.  Harassment and bullying is a feature of my current (overall) hate crime case so I rather jumped to a conclusion, which is unlike me.

No, on considering the facts properly now a police warning would probably be the best outcome, if the couple wanted to press the matter, but they didn't. :-[ :-[ ;)

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 27 July 2017, 17:56:31 »

I once, when I was very young and naïve, met him at a train station and got in his car  ;D

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 27 July 2017, 18:40:09 »

Yeah, yeah, yeah.  No one but you is allowed an opinion.  Everyone knows that and that is why, as I have stated before, so few now contribute to this forum.

For your information I am working on a hate crime case with the police that so far has taken five weeks of investigation. It is only now that arrests can be made.

Sorry Lizzie, but I don't understand how you can be working with the police on a hate crime case, when you obviously don't comprehend what constitutes a hate crime. ::)

As to the mental dickhead in the video, I agree with Mr Gavs comment  ;D

Do not worry dbug I know very well the difference with much training in it and bullying and harrasment can be a factor in hate crime.

However, I have explained below how I was wrong due to a breakdown in communications, and me!

That's what happens when you get very tired! ::) ::) ::) :D ;)

STEMO

« Reply #40 on: 27 July 2017, 19:33:40 »

I once, when I was very young and naïve, met him at a train station and got in his car  ;D
Don't come the innocent, you drove off in my car and that was the last I saw of it.  ;D

STEMO

« Reply #41 on: 27 July 2017, 19:34:59 »

It was a minor RTA that took place , Police would not escalate that to a hate crime.
If ranting and raving and being shouty is a hate crime...I'll come quietly, officer  ;D

Sorry STEMO for my posts last night.  I was rather off the boil as I have spent the last 6 weeks working (I am meant to be retired!) in my role as an adviser for the police in a very complex hate crime case.  As DG rightly guessed I had NOT fully read the Mirror article as the iPad I was using to read it on kept on freezing.  Harassment and bullying is a feature of my current (overall) hate crime case so I rather jumped to a conclusion, which is unlike me.

No, on considering the facts properly now a police warning would probably be the best outcome, if the couple wanted to press the matter, but they didn't. :-[ :-[ ;)

:-*

tidla

• Omega Baron
  • solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 27 July 2017, 19:45:40 »

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 27 July 2017, 20:43:47 »

:-*

dad1uk

• Omega Knight
  • Birmingham
    • Vauxhall Zafira 2.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 02 August 2017, 16:50:48 »

I once, when I was very young and naïve, met him at a train station and got in his car

Don't think I would advertise that James  ;)
best wishes
Simon.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 23 queries.