Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Obi-wan Project started today..  (Read 7398 times)

Arrolman

• Intermediate Member
  • Renfrew,Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Obi-wan Project started today..
« Reply #60 on: 10 May 2010, 22:02:47 »

Very nice car, good to see your getting on with it :y. Decided what your doing with the vectra yet?

Iain
Looking to win the lottery..........

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 10 May 2010, 22:05:05 »

Very nice car, good to see your getting on with it :y. Decided what your doing with the vectra yet?

Iain

Not yet Iain, keep thinking about putting a 3.0 engine in it but not sure if anyone would want to pay a Grand for it when done :-?
I do like it myself but I cant have all these cars  ;D
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

Arrolman

• Intermediate Member
  • Renfrew,Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 11 May 2010, 10:52:35 »

You've got plenty of room, should turn it into a track car and use it for play days 8-)

Iain
Looking to win the lottery..........

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 15 May 2010, 20:08:32 »

Had a spare hour to fit these chrome door buttons :y

Again taken with my phone :-[

Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

SP_3.2

• Omega Baron
  • Leicester
    • drives A6 allroad 3.0tdi
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 16 May 2010, 12:51:09 »

Looking good, looking foward to seeing on the road... :y :y. Bugzy shotgun ;) ;).
Also drive a Savage 25 niro truck...and flys a Bell 47 twister Savage 46 ss and a Tamiya audi TT ..for now.

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 17 May 2010, 21:26:11 »

After all this work I have done I drove it on the road the other day but was disappointed... it seemed a little flat. So I checked the multi rams etc etc then although knowing the Cambelt Timing was spot on I checked it to find it still cock on.
This morning got Obi insured and taxed and noticed there was a light on the dash "A car with a spanner in it" got home stuck my computer on it and found a Knock Sensor Fault. I personally have never seen a Knock Sensor fault until today. I gave "The Master DTM" a ring who said check the Knock sensor wire is still ok after you may have caught it fitting the engine etc....so checked from the top could not see any breaks etc... jacked Obi up and got my hand in like "James Herriot ;D" to find the Knock sensor loose from the Block..... :o so either I have left it loose when I changed it or it has worked loose >:( but tightened it up, cleared the code, then went for a spin ;) it is now running how it should :D :y :y :y :y :y

So I then popped my "Rick Astley" cd in for the bloody head unit to keep jumping  :o

So a few thanks needed here :y

1. The Master for your Guidance when the Force was not Clear :-* :-* :-*

2. The Boy for his help with a new head unit & getting Rick Astley playing full bore again  :-* :-* :-*

3. Last but not least, Josh Wyatt for selling me Obi, as none of this would have happened without his Generous Ways  :-* :-* :-*

The finishing touches i.e a few scratches will be sorted in a couple of weeks time then Obi's Saga will come to an end.

Hope you have enjoyed this all as much as me :y
« Last Edit: 17 May 2010, 21:31:28 by Loo-knee »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 17 May 2010, 21:34:55 »

Hope you have enjoyed this all as much as me :y
I certainly have :y
Grumpy old man

SP_3.2

• Omega Baron
  • Leicester
    • drives A6 allroad 3.0tdi
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 17 May 2010, 21:38:58 »

Nice work Daz.. :y :y :y Was enjoying it right up to the Rick Astley part ;D ;D .
Also drive a Savage 25 niro truck...and flys a Bell 47 twister Savage 46 ss and a Tamiya audi TT ..for now.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 17 May 2010, 21:50:51 »

So did you take the family out to share a bag of chips in Burslem to celebrate

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 17 May 2010, 21:59:57 »

Er well not quiet ;D ;D ;D
I had a couple of people turn up requiring a few parts so I just went to the chippy, actually there when chatting to Mr The Boy ;D ;D ;D ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 17 May 2010, 22:03:09 »

Er well not quiet ;D ;D ;D
I had a couple of people turn up requiring a few parts so I just went to the chippy, actually there when chatting to Mr The Boy ;D ;D ;D ;D
It made me hungry ;D

Good job she did me a roast din dins tonight :D
Grumpy old man

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 18 May 2010, 23:15:50 »

Been a good thread to follow, Daz is such a nice guy, glad it's all come together.
I assume it's done, or almost done now?
Late plate MV6 with 3.0 engine and manual  :D it is a good creation!
And I'd like to thank Daz, he did me a huge favour buying it from me in the first place and has given me phone updates...which I really appreciated, it was really good to see it come along from being a dead 2.6 to a strong 3.0 now  :y

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 18 May 2010, 23:22:14 »

Been a good thread to follow, Daz is such a nice guy, glad it's all come together.
And I'd like to thank Daz, he did me a huge favour buying it from me in the first place and has given me phone updates...which I really appreciated, it was really good to see it come along from being a dead 2.6 to a strong 3.0 now  :y

I have the scratches too sort out which are booked in for when I get back from our hols :y Then a new windscreen through the insurance me thinks ;D
Obi is now legal on the road and I hae done about 150 miles in it up to yet... It goes really well pulls excellent in 5th too from low revs upwards...
Annoyed that my Rick Astley CD's wont play but The Boy will sort that for me in a week or so  :-* :-* :-* after a Brackley cuppa tea ;D

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 18 May 2010, 23:27:32 »

I have the scratches too sort out which are booked in for when I get back from our hols :y Then a new windscreen through the insurance me thinks ;D
Obi is now legal on the road and I hae done about 150 miles in it up to yet... It goes really well pulls excellent in 5th too from low revs upwards...
Annoyed that my Rick Astley CD's wont play but The Boy will sort that for me in a week or so  :-* :-* :-* after a Brackley cuppa tea ;D

What happened to the screen?
If you're over Brackely way, it's only a 15/20 min drive for me...I'd happily pop over and catch up with you?
Is the CCR 2006 not working? I used it for about 15 minutes, I played Pachebel Canon and Chaconne in F minor and it worked ok for me? Maybe it doesn't like Rick Astley?  ;D

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 18 May 2010, 23:38:44 »

What happened to the screen?
If you're over Brackely way, it's only a 15/20 min drive for me...I'd happily pop over and catch up with you?
Is the CCR 2006 not working? I used it for about 15 minutes, I played Pachebel Canon and Chaconne in F minor and it worked ok for me? Maybe it doesn't like Rick Astley?  ;D

Hoping to Visit The Boy on 31st May don't think I have told him yet ;D ;D ;D
The head unit is jumping its nuts off I nearly stuck my foot in it but my Rick CD was in there  :o ;D
Josh son know wonder the bloody thing is shafted playing that garbage ;D ;D ;D Listen to some proper music, proper music ah say ;D
I will have a word with Mr. Blobby (don't want to see him really Mrs The Biy is far nicer  ;))and see what he has to say  :D then make some arrangements :y
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 18 queries.