Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gearbox and Crank Sensor  (Read 807 times)

SHARPEY

• Elland
  • Sod it i'm off to the pub !!
    • View Profile
Gearbox and Crank Sensor
« on: 13 November 2006, 22:57:57 »

Hi Guys.

Not been on for a while, work and her indoors etc. Way back in September some of you may remember I had a problem with my auto box not liking fourth gear. Also the crank sensor was a little poorly. Well I eventually got so fed up with not being able to get the bolt back in the new sensor and not having the enthusiasm to get under the car and check the box fluid I took it to my local garage.

They got the bolt in the sensor after removing the power steering bracket etc and topped up the gearbox fluid. The car still didn't run correctly so I left it with them. A few days later I went back to find water had ingresed where the plugs are. They said it was either just bad look or I had a porous head (the car not me) but they dried it out and it was fine. Not so for the gearbox I'm afraid. It would apear the car needs a new one (or so they said) and I have not got the inclination to do the job so I have bitten the bullet and put it on ebay. If anyone is interested the number is 160051020441 with no reserve and a £50 start price.

Got myself a 2.6 V6 Audi 80 at the moment but I'm thinking of getting a 3.0 Omega with all the toys in the new year.
                                                                               :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 18 queries.