Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello John got (getting) a new motor.  (Read 4324 times)

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Hello John got (getting) a new motor.
« Reply #30 on: 20 May 2022, 11:57:50 »

4.3 seconds to 62, won't this interfere with your pacemaker?

BMW are a bit conservative when it comes to 0-60 mph figures so it will actually be quicker than that. Most of the road tests with the proper equipment show them to be around 3.85 seconds. This is the type of car that attracts gentlemen in their thirties so should suit Opti down to the ground.  :y
He's been in his thirties for twenty years now.

I know, I like to pacify him.  :y  He must have received the letter by now from his doctor saying that he’s reached that age where he must buy a Honda, and this new purchase is his last hurrah.  :y
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 20 May 2022, 12:04:40 »

BMW are a bit conservative when it comes to 0-60 mph figures so it will actually be quicker than that. Most of the road tests with the proper equipment show them to be around 3.85 seconds. This is the type of car that attracts gentlemen in their thirties so should suit Opti down to the ground.  :y

I know, I like to pacify him.  :y  He must have received the letter by now from his doctor saying that he’s reached that age where he must buy a Honda, and this new purchase is his last hurrah.  :y
A diesel Honda  ;D
Diesel till I die

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 20 May 2022, 12:17:34 »

BMW are a bit conservative when it comes to 0-60 mph figures so it will actually be quicker than that. Most of the road tests with the proper equipment show them to be around 3.85 seconds. This is the type of car thatattracts gentlemen in their thirties so should suit Opti down to the ground.  :y

A diesel Honda   ;D

;D ;D
Luckily for him I don’t think you can get a new diesel Honda in the UK anymore.  :-\
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 20 May 2022, 12:55:17 »

Yep....that's me.

I identify as 34. :y

Considering it is a mere 'M lite' car and not a proper 'M car' I was surprised just how accomplished it was. I always lusted after a 3 litre Capri as a boy so perhaps this is a sort of modern day Capri.

After all they both are both 3 litre with 6 cylinders. Both are a 2 door coupe.  :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 20 May 2022, 12:57:04 »

BMW are a bit conservative when it comes to 0-60 mph figures so it will actually be quicker than that. Most of the road tests with the proper equipment show them to be around 3.85 seconds. This is the type of car thatattracts gentlemen in their thirties so should suit Opti down to the ground.  :y

A diesel Honda   ;D

;D ;D
Luckily for him I don’t think you can get a new diesel Honda in the UK anymore.  :-\

It would need to be beige and have the aroma of leaked geriatric urine. ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 20 May 2022, 13:01:31 »

I know, I like to pacify him.  :y  He must have received the letter by now from his doctor saying that he’s reached that age where he must buy a Honda, and this new purchase is his last hurrah:y

Pablo Picasso reputedly said " A man should aim to die as young as as possible but leave it as late as he can" :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 20 May 2022, 13:20:55 »

You are correct Mr YZ. :y

Brummie motoring journalist managed 3.82 seconds in this video. My almost 600 BHP remapped XFR couldn't better 4.4 secs due to lack of initial traction.

https://youtu.be/SbtfOcQMl-k

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 20 May 2022, 13:44:31 »

I had 10 minutes on the BMW configurator over lunch and saw you can actually spec a tow bar on one of those things  ;D.

That's sure to turn some heads at the local caravan park M'Lud!  8)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 20 May 2022, 14:32:31 »

I had 10 minutes on the BMW configurator over lunch and saw you can actually spec a tow bar on one of those things  ;D.

You can easily lose an hour on these things. ;D

I tried to be 'reasonable with options'.

Pro Pack.
Thundernight paint.
Aluminium interior trim.
M adaptive suspension.

These options should help with resale. I hope.

I actually wanted a used car. One about 2-3 years old but the prices were so close to that of a new car that it didn't make financial sense. The used car market is currently insane. :-\

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 20 May 2022, 14:33:26 »

How long will you have to wait?
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 20 May 2022, 14:45:03 »

According to the documents  estimated delivery is 30th September 2022.......but may be later.

So about four and a half months if all goes well. Apparently the car is being made /assembled in Mexico. I do hope my car is not being thrown together a a lazy Mexican fast asleep under a sombrero for most of the day. ;D :D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 20 May 2022, 15:00:50 »

It was you who purchased a 140i with the same B58 lump.....do I have that right, Jimmy?

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 20 May 2022, 15:23:36 »

You do indeed.

I couldn't fault the engine or 'box, it was a superb combination, mine was 2wd, rather than the xdrive in yours. I was sorry to see it go, but it did have to go.

My only criticism of the car (other than the failure that led to it's return) were the rock hard seats. However even looking at the video you posted, it's clear that the ones in the new car are all together better items. And no doubt your ar$e is a good deal smaller than mine, which will help  ;D.

I was very stingy when speccing mine (auto box, pro nav, heated seats) and kept it to around £32k, which was a bargain for the performance on offer.  >:D

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 20 May 2022, 15:39:41 »

According to the documents  estimated delivery is 30th September 2022.......but may be later.

So about four and a half months if all goes well. Apparently the car is being made /assembled in Mexico. I do hope my car is not being thrown together a a lazy Mexican fast asleep under a sombrero for most of the day. ;D :D

Make sure the door cards are removed once you have it , just in case some drugs have been stashed..😁
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 20 May 2022, 15:40:42 »

You do indeed.

I couldn't fault the engine or 'box, it was a superb combination, mine was 2wd, rather than the xdrive in yours. I was sorry to see it go, but it did have to go.

My only criticism of the car (other than the failure that led to it's return) were the rock hard seats. However even looking at the video you posted, it's clear that the ones in the new car are all together better items. And no doubt your ar$e is a good deal smaller than mine, which will help  ;D.

I was very stingy when speccing mine (auto box, pro nav, heated seats) and kept it to around £32k, which was a bargain for the performance on offer.  >:D

I imagine a 2WD M140i is a good 200 KG less weighty than a 4WD M240i so performance should be similar despite the extra 30 BHP

£32000 is a steal....I almost bought a M140i Shadow Edition in black a few months ago.....but £28750 for a 2019 car with 25000 miles under it's wheels was silly money.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 19 queries.