Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: 24 migrants drowned in channel  (Read 3534 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: 24 migrants drowned in channel
« Reply #15 on: 25 November 2021, 02:49:51 »

Shooting them would soon stop them. The numbers might be higher than 31 though.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 25 November 2021, 07:50:37 »

Just hope that the sea is extremely rough again today, because the powers that be are doing sod all to stop these scrounging bastards, it's totally unsustainable to continue handouts to people that have contributed nil.
« Last Edit: 25 November 2021, 07:53:00 by Rangie »
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 25 November 2021, 09:38:10 »

Not really.  We paid the French to stop the boat people and they haven't bothered.  I expect some of that £54 mill has been trousered by French officials and politicians as well.  ::)

These are governments we're talking about. £54million is barely enough to set up a meeting room and acquire tea&biscuits/croissants&coffee.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 25 November 2021, 09:41:10 »

Not really.  We paid the French to stop the boat people and they haven't bothered.  I expect some of that £54 mill has been trousered by French officials and politicians as well.  ::)

These are governments we're talking about. £54million is barely enough to set up a meeting room and acquire tea&biscuits/croissants&coffee.

That is very true Nick :y

It is going to take a lot more than that.  The latest thing this morning is that apparently the British Government are talking about putting British Police on French beaches.

But how many police would that require, and at what cost?

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 25 November 2021, 10:00:13 »

That is very true Nick :y

It is going to take a lot more than that.  The latest thing this morning is that apparently the British Government are talking about putting British Police on French beaches.

But how many police would that require, and at what cost?

More importantly, what are we prepared to do without whilst our already overstretched police are arguing uselessly in France?

The only way to stop this is to make the UK such a shit place to live that these migrants want to stay where they are, and make the 68million people who already live here want to emigrate. Which is hardly a solution. Or we could deliberately sink all of these boats as they enter our waters, but who wants to live in a country that will do such a thing?

France is never going to take much of a stand on this, as they have long had a worse migrant problem than we do. Any that are just passing through are encouraged to do so. Expect this to get worse, not better, as France's equivalent of Brexiteers increase the pressure on Macron.

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 25 November 2021, 12:23:11 »

Well this unequivocally an EU problem and the hypocrisy of them accusing Luckashenko of weaponising the migrants on the Polish border yet openly avoiding the issue of them crossing a border out of the EU into a non EU country  is repugnant , but wholly expected.

Perhaps , if this is the case , then the UK should say OK y'all travelled across various states of the EU to enter our country illegally  so it's only right and proper we will return you to the EU .
Ship and bus them to the Irish border and point them south .
I'm certain that many will turn north but let's see them sail across the Irish sea in a rubber boat or try and find succour in the warm and welcoming Unionist or Republican gated estates that are so loved up there ......

Before the usual suspects have an apoplectic fit .................I say this tongue in cheek.. ;)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 25 November 2021, 12:30:30 »

Well this unequivocally an EU problem and the hypocrisy of them accusing Luckashenko of weaponising the migrants on the Polish border yet openly avoiding the issue of them crossing a border out of the EU into a non EU country  is repugnant , but wholly expected.

Perhaps , if this is the case , then the UK should say OK y'all travelled across various states of the EU to enter our country illegally  so it's only right and proper we will return you to the EU .
I'm certain that many will turn north but let's see them sail across the Irish sea in a rubber boat or try and find succour in the warm and welcoming Unionist or Republican gated estates that are so loved up there ......

Before the usual suspects have an apoplectic fit .................I say this tongue in cheek.. ;)
That was all fine up until that last bit.
Diesel till I die

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 25 November 2021, 12:39:24 »

That was all fine up until that last bit.

I've got to cover my arse down here Steve....... ;)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 25 November 2021, 12:41:40 »

They could start by paying the RNLI :-X

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 25 November 2021, 12:52:11 »

Good idea. They could each be given a goodie bag with pork sausages and some Stilton cheese
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 25 November 2021, 12:55:31 »

I have to admit to being naive. After what happened yesterday I thought the French politicians would hold their hands up and say enough is enough. This isnt funny any more. We have to do something serious to make sure this cant happen again.
This morning several announcements have come out of France, all of which are still polticising the issue, and blaming it all on the Brits.
They really are inhuman scum. Even by the usual standard of Politicians.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 25 November 2021, 13:15:26 »

I have to admit to being naive. After what happened yesterday I thought the French politicians would hold their hands up and say enough is enough. This isnt funny any more. We have to do something serious to make sure this cant happen again.
This morning several announcements have come out of France, all of which are still polticising the issue, and blaming it all on the Brits.
They really are inhuman scum. Even by the usual standard of Politicians.
Sadly, as long as they are French, that is all that matters. Win or lose, being French is the most significant motivation. For the French.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 25 November 2021, 13:26:27 »

When Britain was in the EU, we could send asylum seekers back to the EU country of entry apparently. Since leaving we cannot. Could Boris “ take back” control and pass a law to counter that?

Alternatively get the Rangers( grey berets) involved. They could organise missions to take out the smuggler gangs and also disable the smuggler crafts before launch.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 25 November 2021, 13:40:08 »

Just hope that the sea is extremely rough again today, because the powers that be are doing sod all to stop these scrounging bastards, it's totally unsustainable to continue handouts to people that have contributed nil.

Is it though?

Last figures I saw, asylum seekers (successful or not) cost uk tax payers about £480m a year. Compared to (for example) just about £100 billion on state pensions. Or £5 billion lost through tax evasion. Given that you have to have a career average earnings of over £30k, and pay your taxes, before you put more into the welfare state than you take out, (more if you have children and don't pay to educate them privately) then I'm pretty sure I know which is more unsustainable.

Objection to migrants coming here in the way these people do is ideological, its not about money.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 25 November 2021, 14:03:37 »

Indeed. For what they are alleged to be paying just to cross the Channel, they could fly First on Emirates from their point of origin and take a chance at Heathrow Immigration.  :-X
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.