Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: About a car on ebay  (Read 2164 times)

Dave Elite

• Ellesmere Port
    • View Profile
About a car on ebay
« on: 07 February 2010, 20:13:22 »

A friend of mine  is looking for a Mondeo v6, I've found this one on ebay not too far away. I think it might be ex plod but the seller hasnt said it is. What do you think its worth? TIA Dave http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220553029149&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT
« Last Edit: 07 February 2010, 20:20:15 by MV6Dave »

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
Re: About a car on ebay
« Reply #1 on: 07 February 2010, 20:16:44 »

It is indeed an ex police vehicle, the biggest give away is the calibrated speedometer by IRS Nottingham

Dave Elite

• Ellesmere Port
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07 February 2010, 20:17:53 »

It is indeed an ex police vehicle, the biggest give away is the calibrated speedometer by IRS Nottingham
Thanks, would you steer clear or are they ok? What do you think its worth?

Welung666

« Reply #3 on: 07 February 2010, 20:22:40 »

They are OK but expect a god awful mess in the loom (interior lights for example) as the plod garages tend to really break about with them. In  my experience anyway!

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07 February 2010, 20:23:52 »

I've currently got an ex police Omega, just sold another one, I've sold a few other former police vehicles aswell,  I think ex police are good buys, it depends which force it comes from, the Met and TVP are normally pretty good. But this vehicle hasn't come from either. I'll see if I can find where it came from.
I really have no idea on price, I'd be suprised if it was more than £1300 really. But that is just a guess comparing it to other ex police vehicles of comparable size.

Dave Elite

• Ellesmere Port
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07 February 2010, 20:27:07 »

I've currently got an ex police Omega, just sold another one, I've sold a few other former police vehicles aswell,  I think ex police are good buys, it depends which force it comes from, the Met and TVP are normally pretty good. But this vehicle hasn't come from either. I'll see if I can find where it came from.
I really have no idea on price, I'd be suprised if it was more than £1300 really. But that is just a guess comparing it to other ex police vehicles of comparable size.
How would you find out what force it came from? It would be interesting to know, thanks.

Moos3h

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07 February 2010, 20:32:29 »

I'd go for it if it stays at a decent price, but it being ex police could mean lots of damaged small bits of interior trim and sometimes you'll find the roof badly painted over.

Is there the option to go and see it?  You'd be best doing that if you're serious about it.

Cheers,
James

Dave Elite

• Ellesmere Port
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07 February 2010, 20:34:43 »

I'd go for it if it stays at a decent price, but it being ex police could mean lots of damaged small bits of interior trim and sometimes you'll find the roof badly painted over.

Is there the option to go and see it?  You'd be best doing that if you're serious about it.

Cheers,
James
My mates going to have a look tomorrow, I might go with him as well.

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 07 February 2010, 20:35:30 »

You use the registration id tag at the start of the plate to help you out. For instance from 2002 to 2006 the majority of Metropolitan police vehicles all started with LX, LV, LY then changing to BU after mid 2006. And Thames Valley Police on marked vehicles and most unmarked from 2001 to present start with OU, OY, OV. PN is from Preston, so the car was first registered there and was in service with Lancarshire police.

Dave Elite

• Ellesmere Port
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 07 February 2010, 20:42:07 »

You use the registration id tag at the start of the plate to help you out. For instance from 2002 to 2006 the majority of Metropolitan police vehicles all started with LX, LV, LY then changing to BU after mid 2006. And Thames Valley Police on marked vehicles and most unmarked from 2001 to present start with OU, OY, OV. PN is from Preston, so the car was first registered there and was in service with Lancarshire police.
Thanks for that Josh :y Very interesting. So you think £1300 max?

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 07 February 2010, 20:45:05 »

This really is only a guess, I don't do Mondeo's and have no experience of them, so my prices really are just based on other similiar vehicles. But £1300 for an '02' with 120k miles seems about what I'd expect. I will do a bit of research and come up with a proper price, rather than a guess.

Dave Elite

• Ellesmere Port
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 07 February 2010, 20:46:18 »

This really is only a guess, I don't do Mondeo's and have no experience of them, so my prices really are just based on other similiar vehicles. But £1300 for an '02' with 120k miles seems about what I'd expect. I will do a bit of research and come up with a proper price, rather than a guess.
Thanks, very helpful :y
« Last Edit: 07 February 2010, 20:46:36 by MV6Dave »

Welung666

« Reply #12 on: 07 February 2010, 20:47:13 »

It's a Mundaineo..... A tenner would be my max ;D ;D ;D

Trade price in the Glass' guide is £1350 so that would be an absolute max for me.

guncharmer

• York
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 07 February 2010, 21:09:58 »

No mention by the seller its ex police,so dishonest or gormless,i wouldnt touch it unless there had been a clutch/dual mass flywheel change and evidence of rear subframe mountings renewed.Its a chancers ad with no mention of history etc.  In a world controlled buy me i would have the car taken off him and scrapped for attempting like so many sellers to pass off his pigs ear of a car to the unwary.
Of course it may be a corker and represent a bargain!
If you go and view could you post the result.

Interestingly the seller bought a thermostat/0 ring for an omega/vectraB on 27 jan.

webby23

• Omega Baron
  • Nottingham
  • MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 07 February 2010, 21:24:16 »

Wouldnt bother with it to be honest.....

Retail spec Zetec S's going for nothing at the minute and they are far far nicer than that example.....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2003-FORD-MONDEO-ZETEC-S-SILVER_W0QQitemZ140381203558QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item20af5f2c66

Bit like a Police spec Mig against a retail spec MV6.....

Zetec S retail spec has sports suspension, sports seats, a gorgeous 2.5 ltr 24v V6 170bhp, bespoke front and rear bumpers and lovely 17 inch alloys.....

We had a silver Zetec S, in this shape Mondeo and it was lovely. 6 months old at the time we bought it and ran it for 22000 fault free miles.....worse on petrol than our 2.6 Omega now but a lovely lovely car nontheless

:y
« Last Edit: 07 February 2010, 21:35:12 by webby23 »
The only certainty of life is death. Live your life and enjoy it. The clock is ticking

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • 2012 '62' BMW 730d MSport
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 07 February 2010, 21:28:39 »

Ex-plodders, they're the only cars I've never had major trouble with, I think they're great  :D
Drives: 2013 (13) BMW 530d M Sport Touring, 2011 '61' BMW 520d SE.

webby23

• Omega Baron
  • Nottingham
  • MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 07 February 2010, 21:38:13 »

Ex-plodders, they're the only cars I've never had major trouble with, I think they're great  :D

Fair comment, but if this particular seller is hiding the fact its an ex-police car, what else is being hidden........??

:y
The only certainty of life is death. Live your life and enjoy it. The clock is ticking

Dave Elite

• Ellesmere Port
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 08 February 2010, 16:13:39 »

Just got back from viewing the mondeo. Its not to bad at all, the owner let us both have a go. It drives very well with lots of power. Its a bit tatty here and there but all in all its ok. My mate is going to try and win it. Dave
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 21 queries.