Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tyre balancing problem  (Read 712 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Tyre balancing problem
« on: 18 September 2010, 11:29:25 »

I had a pair of tryes for the omega the other day.

As ever I watched the guy at work in particular the balancing.  He rejected one tyre as he was unable to balance it! I asked him if it happened often e.g. 1 in a hundred to which he replied no very rarely maybe one in a thousand. He said it might be alright on someone elses wheel.

The readings were 13.5 and 10.5 (which mean nothing to me). He let the air out and moved it around the rim and he still couldn't do the job.

The next tyre he tried came up 20 and 10.

Anyone else had that happen?
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Tyre balancing problem
« Reply #1 on: 18 September 2010, 11:49:02 »

I've had plenty they hadn't been able to balance at standard fastfit places.

None of them picked up on the fact prefacelift MV6 rims never run true, which whens you can never properly balance them...
Grumpy old man

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #2 on: 18 September 2010, 11:58:39 »

:-?

13.5 and 10 grs  are not high values and easy to balance..something wrong there..

the last time a tire shop told me that tire was erroneous I laugh at them.. because they told this for a brand new potenza  ;D

finally I found a shop with a patient worker, tried the tire with other rims and find the fault to be the rim itself.. (the reason  is the rim had many arms and hard to correct and expensive to destroy so they cant trust their work)

after some time he corrected the rim and make the balance on the car.. result was perfect..

so look for other shops imo..

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 September 2010, 12:09:26 »

13.5 and 10 grs  are not high values and easy to balance..something wrong there..

the last time a tire shop told me that tire was erroneous I laugh at them.. because they told this for a brand new potenza  ;D

finally I found a shop with a patient worker, tried the tire with other rims and find the fault to be the rim itself.. (the reason  is the rim had many arms and hard to correct and expensive to destroy so they cant trust their work)

after some time he corrected the rim and make the balance on the car.. result was perfect..

I've had 200grams on a wheel before ::)  (yes, it was a prefacelift MV6 rim)
Grumpy old man

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #4 on: 18 September 2010, 12:21:16 »

Blimey!! :o :o :o :o  Never knew that was a problem!

Throughout my motoring experience, going through goodness knows how many sets of tyres, I have never experienced a problem with balancing.

You live and learn! 8-) 8-) ;) ;)

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #5 on: 18 September 2010, 12:32:36 »

that rim must be definitely buckled :-/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 18 September 2010, 12:46:53 »

that rim must be definitely buckled :-/
Show me a prefacelift MV6 rim (UK spec, not sure if Opels had different ones) that isn't ;D ;D ;D
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.