Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Arrrgg - rather multiram  (Read 1418 times)

The Barge Captain

• Omega Knight
  • Bristol
  • Back in the land of the economicaly active
    • View Profile
Arrrgg - rather multiram
« on: 23 November 2006, 14:07:56 »

Still can't get my rear multiram valve to work.  Front one works ok (well, opens at about 4k) but back one does nothing. There is good vacuum to the solenoid, the diaphram is sound (no leak/hole) and if the diaphram is connected directly to the vacuum, the valve moves ok.  I've swopped the electric solenoid from the front to the back and everything works just the same.  When i bought the car the EML was on with a fault code for the rear multiram.  This was found to be unplugged.  Plugged it back in, reset the ECU by dissconnecting the battery, and never seen a fault on it since (2 months ago) EML light hasn't blown.  The vaccum hoses are connected correctly (vacuum supply across the end of the solenoid with the controlled output on the spiggot at 90 degrees to the solenoid body)
Has anybody got any ideas?  is the ecu at fault but not telling me? is it not understanding engine speed and acting accordingly? or is there something else that monitors intake depression and is not reporting back to the ecu?
Thou art no more an angel filled with light, but a leech to be abhorred and thou shalt suffer my burning will...

STMO123

Re: Arrrgg - rather multiram
« Reply #1 on: 23 November 2006, 14:14:34 »

Dont worry about it. I.ve never seen my rear multiram move, but my omega drives perfect.

Thats a (very small) drawback to being a member of a forum such as this, you tend to look for problems that either dont exist, or are so minor as to be of no consequence.

Just enjoy driving it, the EML will tell you if somethings amiss :y

The Barge Captain

• Omega Knight
  • Bristol
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 November 2006, 15:00:39 »

I'm sure that I've seen Mark's DTM writing somewhere that it should be possible to see the rear one working with the vehicle stationary
Thou art no more an angel filled with light, but a leech to be abhorred and thou shalt suffer my burning will...

STMO123

« Reply #3 on: 23 November 2006, 15:34:43 »

You're probably right. If you are really that worried, I'm sure Mark will be along to help you out.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23 November 2006, 16:24:45 »

You need to blip the engine fast and hard......it should open almost immediately.

The Barge Captain

• Omega Knight
  • Bristol
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23 November 2006, 18:39:38 »

and if it doesn't? (will try this tomorrow - is it about creating enough manifold depression quickly when not under load?)

The Barge Captain

• Omega Knight
  • Bristol
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 24 November 2006, 15:26:00 »

You've got to hand it to Marks DTM.  He knows what he is on about.  With a nice warm engine, open the throttle fully from idle very quickly, and yes the rear ram does open for a rather short time, but at least i know that it moves  :)
Cheers Mark

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 24 November 2006, 15:40:23 »

Your welcome.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 18 queries.