Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Police Just Knocked On My Door  (Read 4002 times)

jonathanh

• Omega Knight
  • coventry
    • View Profile
Re: Police Just Knocked On My Door
« Reply #30 on: 16 April 2014, 08:48:09 »

Its in the small print of your policy  :y  -:

Please tell us immediately

if you or any driver named on your policy, are involved in an accident or loss, no matter how trivial and even if you do not wish to make a claim

the suggestion is to read your policy to see what it says.  the extract above is I think from a standard policy.  If your policy says something else then you may not need to inform them.

Equally I think there are a number of ways out of the above text

If for example you do not ask for the replacement light to be fixed then you can say you have not suffered a "loss" equally were "you" involved in an accident?  no because you were not there.  My (non legal) view is that if the insurance company wanted your circumstances covered they would say:

if you or any driver named on your policy or your vehicle, are involved in an accident or loss, no matter how trivial and even if you do not wish to make a claim

that would cover the situation where there was a no loss accident not involving you driving
parking near Birmingham airport for members with +250 posts.  PM for info

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 16 April 2014, 09:16:48 »

I think there's a case for a lucrative whiplash claim!  :D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Kate

• Omega Baron
  • Cornwall
    • Drives people mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 16 April 2014, 10:14:56 »

I think there's a case for a lucrative whiplash claim!  :D

Yes I got a shock when I saw the Police officer and hurt my neck. ;D

RossPhim

• Morayshire, Scotland
  • The blue oval now-a-days!?!
    • 2.2 TDCi TXS
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 16 April 2014, 10:38:06 »

Just playing devil’s advocate here, but what if the ar$e who hit your vehicle, decided to claim through his/her insurance policy as there was more damage to his/her vehicle than was done to yours, then surely there claim will involve giving the details of the vehicle they hit.......yours.
They’re company could feedback to yours expecting a claim to be made, but if you haven’t informed them......well, you’ve then broken your side of the contract.

As said above, have a good read of your policy wording, and if it states to let them know, personally I don’t think you have a choice then.

Just my tuppence worth!

Good luck!

jonathanh

• Omega Knight
  • coventry
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 16 April 2014, 11:58:54 »

Just playing devil’s advocate here, but what if the ar$e who hit your vehicle, decided to claim through his/her insurance policy as there was more damage to his/her vehicle than was done to yours, then surely there claim will involve giving the details of the vehicle they hit.......yours.
They’re company could feedback to yours expecting a claim to be made, but if you haven’t informed them......well, you’ve then broken your side of the contract.

As said above, have a good read of your policy wording, and if it states to let them know, personally I don’t think you have a choice then.

Just my tuppence worth!

Good luck!

simples.  just say you were not personally involved in an accident and did not suffer a loss.  In any event the policy wording does not say when you have to inform them - it must allow a reasonable time.

To be honest if they claim from their insurer, their insurer will not go looking to pay anyone off as well.  they'll try to keep the claim as small as possible.
parking near Birmingham airport for members with +250 posts.  PM for info

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 16 April 2014, 12:12:30 »

If I'd just been done for drink driving, I think it'd be unlikely that the first thing I'd do is to call my insurer and explain that "Well, it was like this.. I left the pub, and, on the way home...".

Especially as my insurance has a clause reducing it to 3rd party only cover in the event of a drink driving incident on my part, if memory serves.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

05omegav6

« Reply #36 on: 16 April 2014, 12:59:16 »

Was thinking the same... Your covered by their policy, as it was their fault, but they waved goodbye to their cover along with their licence...
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 18 queries.