Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: I am an embarrassment  (Read 4039 times)

STEMO

I am an embarrassment
« on: 17 September 2015, 11:23:42 »

Just been to asda to pick up a few bits, as I do most days. A young lady approached me and asked if she could have a word. Only too keen, l followed her to a private corner........where she told me I had walked out on Monday without paying for my shopping  :o

She was sure it was an accident as I go there most days. She showed me the receipt and it was indeed my shop. I apologised profusely and paid up.  :-[

I'm sure she knew I hadn't done it on purpose but, the more I spoke, the more my accent made her suspicious, so I beat a hasty retreat  ;D

I'll feel like I'm being watched now.  :(

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
Re: I am an embarrassment
« Reply #1 on: 17 September 2015, 11:40:24 »

Always new you were a dodgy bugger :D :D ;)
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 September 2015, 11:43:09 »

Just been to asda to pick up a few bits, as I do most days. A young lady approached me and asked if she could have a word. Only too keen, l followed her to a private corner........where she told me I had walked out on Monday without paying for my shopping  :o

She was sure it was an accident as I go there most days. She showed me the receipt and it was indeed my shop. I apologised profusely and paid up.  :-[

I'm sure she knew I hadn't done it on purpose but, the more I spoke, the more my accent made her suspicious, so I beat a hasty retreat  ;D

You are indeed a dodgy bugger!  ::)  But if you walked out without paying, where and how did she get a receipt?  :-\
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 September 2015, 11:44:42 »

You are indeed a dodgy bugger!  ::)  But if you walked out without paying, where and how did she get a receipt?  :-\

Police probably let her keep a copy ::) ;D ;D
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

STEMO

« Reply #4 on: 17 September 2015, 11:47:04 »

Every till is self serve, they can do all sorts with them. There is a bank of screens behind the counter, showing what each till is doing and each one is on camera.
Did you think they still use 'open all hours' tills, Tigger?  ;D

STEMO

« Reply #5 on: 17 September 2015, 11:56:48 »

Don't tell Opti about this thread, he'll have no sympathy for me and may even call me a thieving barsteward.  :(

Lagondanet

• Omega Knight
  • Bedfordshire
  • The Omega is gone!
    • View Profile
    • Lagondanet
« Reply #6 on: 17 September 2015, 12:09:19 »

Don't worry. I usually pay and then walk out without my shopping.  ;D

1980 V8 Lagonda & a 2014 Adam & a 2015 Antara.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17 September 2015, 12:14:18 »

Check out regional accents on the internet and you'll find that Liverpool/scouse is the least trusted.\

Apparently Edinburgh or 'educated scots'  is the most trusted which is why it is often used to sell financial products.

STEMO

« Reply #8 on: 17 September 2015, 12:18:13 »

Check out regional accents on the internet and you'll find that Liverpool/scouse is the least trusted.\

Apparently Edinburgh or 'educated scots'  is the most trusted which is why it is often used to sell financial products.
Is that it? Could've been much worse  ;D

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 17 September 2015, 12:23:02 »

Someone has to keep up the Scouse image Steve. ::) ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: 17 September 2015, 12:25:44 by Shackeng »

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 17 September 2015, 13:21:42 »

Every till is self serve, they can do all sorts with them. There is a bank of screens behind the counter, showing what each till is doing and each one is on camera.

I didn't realise you'd scanned everything as you didn't mention anything about the checkout.  ::)  I just assumed that you filled up your 'Bag For Life' and walked out!  :P

STEMO

« Reply #11 on: 17 September 2015, 13:23:58 »

I didn't realise you'd scanned everything as you didn't mention anything about the checkout.  ::)  I just assumed that you filled up your 'Bag For Life' and walked out!  :P
You just assumed? Glad you're not on the bench.   :o

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 17 September 2015, 13:27:17 »

You just assumed? Glad you're not on the bench.   :o

It's a reasonable assumption.  ;D

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 17 September 2015, 13:54:11 »

FFS, Ive heard it all now,  ::)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 17 September 2015, 14:00:52 »

I just can't imagine Steve leaving the shop without paying. It just doesn't sound like something a scouser would do. ::) ::) :)
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 21 queries.