Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Speed cameras  (Read 3998 times)

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
Speed cameras
« on: 12 April 2016, 23:02:53 »

I saw a fair few of these on Monday on the A1079 from Hull to York, this type have replaced the Gatso type but these don`t have any road markings  so are they average speed or just a static speed camera, it`s the first I`ve seen of this type though they are very similar to the specs average speed type.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
Re: Speed cameras
« Reply #1 on: 12 April 2016, 23:48:18 »

Think that the new digital static ones are quite large while the average speed ones are small, usually in pairs and the gantries go over the carridgeway. I,m sure if i have got this wrong someone will enlighten us. :D

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13 April 2016, 00:06:28 »

According to this article they are average speed monitoring camera's.  :y  The picture shows an old camera that is to be replaced by the new one's that you mention, assuming I've got the section of road correct.

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/890k-new-speed-cameras-A1079-Hull-York-road/story-28511726-detail/story.html
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13 April 2016, 06:43:13 »

According to this article they are average speed monitoring camera's.  :y  The picture shows an old camera that is to be replaced by the new one's that you mention, assuming I've got the section of road correct.

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/890k-new-speed-cameras-A1079-Hull-York-road/story-28511726-detail/story.html

Yes, that's the right road  :y

I thought they might be average speed cameras but wasn`t sure, all of them are small `twin` cameras and most have a set of flood lights accompanying them that light up the area where your reg plate is.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13 April 2016, 09:08:32 »

Just had a look on a speed camera site to see if I could find any info about the OP.

Ended up reading this.

http://www.speedcamerasuk.com/speedspike-speed-camera.htm
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 13 April 2016, 11:01:57 »

Definitely average speed camera's  :(

They are also changing and moving the speed limits around due to roadwork's etc.
Be very carful while using this stretch of road because the bastards are after your money    speed kills  ::) 

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 13 April 2016, 16:33:18 »

They are also changing and moving the speed limits around due to roadwork's etc.
Be very carful while using this stretch of road because the bastards are after your money    speed kills  ::)

Fortunately I don`t use that stretch of road very often, when I go to Beverley I use M62 then come off at North cave and through Walkington, But my girlfriend uses the A1079 to come to Leeds so she`s the one to be careful.

STEMO

« Reply #7 on: 13 April 2016, 16:39:27 »

Fortunately I don`t use that stretch of road very often, when I go to Beverley I use M62 then come off at North cave and through Walkington, But my girlfriend uses the A1079 to come to Leeds so she`s the one to be careful.
She could always just stick to the speed limit. An unusual and novel idea, I know. ;D

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 13 April 2016, 16:47:06 »

She could always just stick to the speed limit. An unusual and novel idea, I know. ;D

Easy enough in your case, can a 1.4 Astra actually make it to the national speed limit?  ;D

STEMO

« Reply #9 on: 13 April 2016, 16:48:48 »

Easy enough in your case, can a 1.4 Astra actually make it to the national speed limit?  ;D
I'll say it again........I've been on a speed awareness course, me.  ;D

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 13 April 2016, 16:53:03 »

Must have been a 20mph zone  :D

STEMO

« Reply #11 on: 13 April 2016, 16:57:59 »

Must have been a 20mph zone  :D
My baby cruises at 90..............it just takes 20 minutes to get there.  ;D

tidla

• Omega Baron
  • solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 13 April 2016, 17:35:56 »

These cameras to me, are the least annoying. Better than some idiot jamming on the brakes at every yellow box at the side of the road.Cruise control and all that.
Driving thru them Late at night is a bit of a drag.

STEMO

« Reply #13 on: 13 April 2016, 17:39:19 »

These cameras to me, are the least annoying. Better than some idiot jamming on the brakes at every yellow box at the side of the road.Cruise control and all that.
They are the least annoying if people know what they are. Some thick people from Leeds aren't sure.  ;D

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 13 April 2016, 19:49:41 »

They are the least annoying if people know what they are. Some thick people from Leeds aren't sure.  ;D

Listen just because you think your Astra will get to 90 don`t get cocky :-*

STEMO

« Reply #15 on: 13 April 2016, 19:55:39 »

I got from the A61 at Newton Bar in Wakefield to the industrial estate at Elland Way in 14 minutes  :P

It was 11 o'clock at night though.  ;D

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 13 April 2016, 22:00:18 »

I got from the A61 at Newton Bar in Wakefield to the industrial estate at Elland Way in 14 minutes  :P

It was 11 o'clock at night though.  ;D

That was down hill with a tail wind right?  :P
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 18 queries.