Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Cannabis into Europe  (Read 2540 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: Cannabis into Europe
« Reply #15 on: 05 August 2017, 17:51:23 »

I was recently speaking to someone who spent a few years in Australia. They commented on their impression of Australian youth as being a pretty worthless lot, as they grow their own weed and spend all day sitting around smoking it.
Doesn't sound like a very successful experiment.

In the late 1990's when I was there, the dole was about double of what you'd get here in the UK and at the time Australia was a fairly cheap place to live.  So it was fairly common for youngsters to 'drop out' and go and live near the beach, spending their time smoking weed, drinking beer, surfing and having sex.  ::)

The upside of all this Aussie depravity was that there was loads of casual work about, so you could pitch up somewhere find a job and get your head down for a few weeks to save some money, before going off somewhere to blow it on some hedonistic adventures!  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 05 August 2017, 18:30:14 »

I was recently speaking to someone who spent a few years in Australia. They commented on their impression of Australian youth as being a pretty worthless lot, as they grow their own weed and spend all day sitting around smoking it.

In the late 1990's when I was there, the dole was about double of what you'd get here in the UK and at the time Australia was a fairly cheap place to live.  So it was fairly common for youngsters to 'drop out' and go and live near the beach, spending their time smoking weed, drinking beer, surfing and having sex::)

The upside of all this Aussie depravity was that there was loads of casual work about, so you could pitch up somewhere find a job and get your head down for a few weeks to save some money, before going off somewhere to blow it on some hedonistic adventures!  :y

What a terrible life. :D ;D ;D ;D

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 05 August 2017, 18:48:11 »

In the late 1990's when I was there, the dole was about double of what you'd get here in the UK and at the time Australia was a fairly cheap place to live.  So it was fairly common for youngsters to 'drop out' and go and live near the beach, spending their time smoking weed, drinking beer, surfing and having sex::)

What a terrible life. :D ;D ;D ;D

It certainly looks like I missed out big time by being born a too early.

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 06 August 2017, 11:30:04 »

Would their ribs outrun torpedos?  Would their convoys survive RPG devices?

The governements need to shoot the do-gooders, and start to take control.
Grumpy old man

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 06 August 2017, 11:37:49 »

Easier said than done. Although the police are armed they have a shed load of paperwork if they fire.

I read elsewhere that 40 grand "buys" police to look the other way or be elsewhere. That I can believe.

A few years ago the drug runners had a 30 foot one man Sub confiscated. They used it to rendevous with with ships out at sea and then go up one of the rias ( like Fjords) in NW Spain. Funniest thing was the drug barons built it down near Malaga and then transported it by road.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 06 August 2017, 12:01:35 »

Amen to that. We seem to make the simplest of problems overly complicated these days for some reason.  :)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 06 August 2017, 16:45:46 »

Amen to that. We seem to make the simplest of problems overly complicated these days for some reason.  :)

Many down here would love to see drug smuggling in Spain stopped, it would mean more customers for their home grown stuff !   :o

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 21 queries.