Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Injured Uk Soldier Refused Hotel Room  (Read 4008 times)

amigov6

Re: Injured Uk Soldier Refused Hotel Room
« Reply #60 on: 06 September 2008, 01:49:52 »

Up yours Mike!!!!!!!!! ;D James stepped as the voice of reason @ the right time. I stand by everything i said but will say no more, no need really, i've said enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8-) ;D :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 06 September 2008, 01:50:58 »

Thouht you had booked the last pitch?

There were a couple of factors upon arrival that made us decide we would be better off not staying - no big deal, though :y

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 06 September 2008, 01:51:52 »

There were a couple of factors upon arrival that made us decide we would be better off not staying - no big deal, though :y

The rain...... ;D ;D ;D

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 06 September 2008, 01:52:36 »

The rain...... ;D ;D ;D

Believe it or not, no :P ;D

Vamps

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 06 September 2008, 01:54:47 »

The rain...... ;D ;D ;D

Believe it or not, no :P ;D

:y

stuart30

« Reply #65 on: 06 September 2008, 02:00:43 »

well p**s off out of the country then

would love to get a group of as you call them piss head yobs to meet you one day

Just proves my point darling....... ;D ;D

Enlighten me on why i should p**s off out of this country....thats if you have the mental capacity to explain.

If its easier for you just grunt.. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ::)

you seem to be the sort of person who wants it both ways wants a decent country to live in but would run a mile if you had to enlist in the forces to help serve the country which you clearly say you dont like

So the armed forces makes this a decent country....thats what your saying. ::) ::)

I think you've been on the amusements too long son.

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 06 September 2008, 02:02:30 »

well p**s off out of the country then

would love to get a group of as you call them piss head yobs to meet you one day

Just proves my point darling....... ;D ;D

Enlighten me on why i should p**s off out of this country....thats if you have the mental capacity to explain.

If its easier for you just grunt.. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ::)

you seem to be the sort of person who wants it both ways wants a decent country to live in but would run a mile if you had to enlist in the forces to help serve the country which you clearly say you dont like

So the armed forces makes this a decent country....thats what your saying. ::) ::)

I think you've been on the amusements too long son.

People slag off the Armed forces, same for the Police, same for the NHS - but although each service has it's faults and drawbacks, we would still be lost without any one of them.

Please, please, let this drop  :y

stuart30

« Reply #67 on: 06 September 2008, 02:10:41 »

I must remark on your point, Stuart30, about signing up for "Queen and Country" being an alternative to going on the Dole, and being a "Carrier" for pissheads, etc.

While not for the armed forces, In November this year, I am swearing an oath for Queen and Country in a court of law, in order to perform a new commitment which strictly speaking will make me no longer a civillian. You can't really call this a "carrier" for me, on the basis that I am going to be doing what I do alongside my full time job, on an entirely voluntary (unpaid) basis, with the end result being more support and protection for members of the public such as yourself. So Please, don't tar everyone, or even the majority, with that brush :y

Then i don't see what your getting at James.

Special constable i assume you mean.?

Ive worked with plenty of ex servicemen so as much as some may not like what i say i stick too my guns....quite simply if people don't like my opinion then that's there prerogative,makes no odds too me.

Id rather be disliked as i have a strong opinion than simply be a sheep and jump on the forever rolling bandwagon.

stuart30

« Reply #68 on: 06 September 2008, 02:12:44 »

Stuart30. Many of us have "bitchies" on here, differing opinions make the world go round & we're all entitled to our views. Despite that we can meet up or talk & laugh on other topics, no harm done. However i disagree with your opinion to the point of being disgusted with you & your comments.  I consider you a truly abhorrent & disgraceful person. You need to wind your neck in & have word with yourself.
   The "Cesspit" door is open when you're ready to leave. You won't be missed.

Its quite simple....you don't like my opinion then don't read it simple.

Oh and ""Ive had a word with myself"" and yep still have the same opinion. ;D

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 06 September 2008, 02:15:41 »

I must remark on your point, Stuart30, about signing up for "Queen and Country" being an alternative to going on the Dole, and being a "Carrier" for pissheads, etc.

While not for the armed forces, In November this year, I am swearing an oath for Queen and Country in a court of law, in order to perform a new commitment which strictly speaking will make me no longer a civillian. You can't really call this a "carrier" for me, on the basis that I am going to be doing what I do alongside my full time job, on an entirely voluntary (unpaid) basis, with the end result being more support and protection for members of the public such as yourself. So Please, don't tar everyone, or even the majority, with that brush :y

Ive worked with plenty of ex servicemen so as much as some may not like what i say i stick too my guns....quite simply if people don't like my opinion then that's there prerogative,makes no odds too me.

Id rather be disliked as i have a strong opinion than simply be a sheep and jump on the forever rolling bandwagon.

I think, ultimately, you have made your opinions known, so no benefit in further posting them :y

Vamps

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 06 September 2008, 02:23:13 »

Each to there own, can we draw a line, on this thread :)

stuart30

« Reply #71 on: 06 September 2008, 02:24:26 »

I think, ultimately, you have made your opinions known, so no benefit in further posting them :y

You know what James....i think you might have a point.

Really cant be arsed any more with either the car or the site. :y

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 06 September 2008, 02:27:31 »

You know what James....i think you might have a point.

Really cant be arsed any more with either the car or the site. :y

As already said by others - each to their own.
I hope your decision turns out to be right for you :y

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 06 September 2008, 08:10:06 »

What makes him so special? I wo'nt dignify that with a reply. >:(

Sorry but all this ""I signed up for queen and country"" in my opinion is over played....no doubt a handful may but for many im sure its seen as steady work/carrier and some saves going on the dole,lets face it you don't meet too many cannon fodder with degree"s now do you.

Work/worked with enough ex servicemen in my job and the doors too have been able to form an opinion.

So again i say what makes him special....should they have bowed and scraped and allowed him a room....NO they shouldn't as he"s no different from an accountant....a shelf stacker or a road sweeper as he"s chosen too do a JOB as they would have. ::)

You're right they should not have treated him special but they treated him differently to anyone else by refusing him a room, you're missing the point slightly.....

And yes it is a 'job' or 'career' but I feel a great pride wearing my uniform and noone else will make me think otherwise.  I am proud because of the people who have come before me, proud because of the men and women who stand beside me, proud for my soldiers who manage the impossible in awful conditions.

Come and see what my medics have to go through in Iraq and Afghan and you will see us in a different light.

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 06 September 2008, 08:17:28 »

Probably a good idea, & i know i've poured petrol on the fire.
    Too late to phone Broocie now but i think all opinions have been vented so hopefully it will die it's own death.
   My comments were more out of pure disbelief than anger but i undertook to stop ranting & will stick to my promise & shut up now.

I don't think the thread needs any radical pruning at this stage, certainly not enough to warrant getting anyone up :y

As you say, differences aired, so it's all over and done :)

Sorry I posted before reading this  :-[
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 18 queries.