Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: one for Bruce....  (Read 2548 times)

sassanach

• Omega Knight
  • trowbridge
    • View Profile
Re: one for Bruce....
« Reply #15 on: 28 December 2007, 20:13:46 »

im afraid your not safe, all the scamera has to do is "prove" that they posted the nip to "arrive" within 14 days it does not need to appear on your doorstep within 14 days, and at this time of year it could take three weeks.lets hope he was to busy eating doughnuts

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 28 December 2007, 21:50:50 »

As Sassenach said, sufficient proof for service that its posted out within 14 days, not that it was received by recipient within that time.  Does not even need to be special delivery, recorded or even first class.  I think even 2nd class is enough but checkout pepipoo.com for more extensive info.

Give it a clear 3 weeks plus.....

Baron Von Spongebob

• Omega Baron
  • South Wales
  • Living the dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 28 December 2007, 22:36:55 »

They should be sending fines out to the idiots that hog the middle lane and cause congestion..

Ive just been to Paris and back and didnt exceed the speed limit once..Discipline is what you need and get rid of the numptys that cause congestion.
Is the world ready for me..

Jay w

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth/Poole
  • omega gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 28 December 2007, 22:46:25 »

They should be sending fines out to the idiots that hog the middle lane and cause congestion..

Ive just been to Paris and back and didnt exceed the speed limit once..Discipline is what you need and get rid of the numptys that cause congestion.
:y  Well said that man.

Did 250 miles today plymouth - forest of dean - plymouth, i lost count the times that the inside lane was unoccupied and the world and his dog was in the middle lane......

rather pain in the backsides

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 28 December 2007, 22:59:17 »

No argument from me......

Its generally a joy to drive on the Continent as lane discipline is really quite good.  As a result, you can make progress as and when the situation allows without the frustration of 70 mph vigilantes hogging the offside lane.....

Baron Von Spongebob

• Omega Baron
  • South Wales
  • Living the dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 28 December 2007, 23:04:38 »

The continent was fine its the UK thats the problem.. :y

It is a joy to drive in Europe  :y

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 28 December 2007, 23:11:26 »

Well, France and Spain at any rate as long as you keep your nose clean :y

Italy was better than I expected, although I didn't go near any cities in the Omega!

Switzerland was full of said 70MPH vigilantes. Austria was very nice but I only tackled twisty mountain roads there :y

Germany and Belgium were pants. UK levels of congestion at much higher speeds and reduced tailgating distances :o

Oh, and a mention for Luxembourg. Average driving experience but gets a thumbs up for cheap petrol :y

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #22 on: 29 December 2007, 06:28:01 »

I believe that particular section of the M4 was (maybe still is?) zero tolerance on speeding  >:(

Ahhh the M4.......between jnc's 14 and 18 then......I'm fairly sure they allow you 10% and thats it......so 77mph is allowed....78 isnt  ::)

So seeing as most Omega speedo's seem to read 3mph high at all times, an indicated 80mph you should be ok........any higher and the camera was watching....  :( :(

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 29 December 2007, 09:03:04 »

...in Germany those big Mercs and Beemers fly past you on the offside lane...  :y

...in Italy those tiny Fiats and Alfas fly past you on the offside lane... and inside lane... sometimes on the hard shoulder.....  :o

Alas, no more Omegas....

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 29 December 2007, 11:32:06 »

...in Germany those big Mercs and Beemers fly past you on the offside lane...  :y

...in Italy those tiny Fiats and Alfas fly past you on the offside lane... and inside lane... sometimes on the hard shoulder.....  :o

It was people sitting a few feet from my tail at 120 MPH that put me off Germany. It was either a case of putting up with that in the outside lane, or sitting at 56 MPH with the trucks in the inside lane. No middle ground at all.

I once ended up hiring a Twingo in Germany (or a Lupo?) can't remember. Small, gutless, cr@p car, anyway. It was a very frightening experience taking that on an Autobahn. :o

Kevin

Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 29 December 2007, 17:56:21 »

James post jogged my memory, going to Bath, I passed a mobile speed camera van parked on a bridge across the motorway   >:(

Bloody thing, 9:30AM hardly anyone on the road... money making !&$%^! box on wheels!

Anywho, i was doing about 80/85mph.. gps readout said about 83 mph.

Now i am not going to say sorry for doing that speed on a motorway, everyone and his son do that speed on the motorway!

Question is, can i expect anything?  :'(

Theres a simple solution to this, dont speed :D
Retired

Baron Von Spongebob

• Omega Baron
  • South Wales
  • Living the dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 29 December 2007, 18:03:45 »

It was people sitting a few feet from my tail at 120 MPH that put me off Germany. It was either a case of putting up with that in the outside lane, or sitting at 56 MPH with the trucks in the inside lane. No middle ground at all.
I once ended up hiring a Twingo in Germany (or a Lupo?) can't remember. Small, gutless, cr@p car, anyway. It was a very frightening experience taking that on an Autobahn. :o

Kevin

You should not be sitting in the outside lane once you have overtaken a vehicle..In Germany they overtake and then move to next lane as it should be..In a small under powered car it can be frightening as no power to nip into the outside lane before an irrate German comes along but if you have the power to overtake then return to the middle or slow lane its not a problem.

I drive trucks and Sprinter vans in Europe and consider European driving a better experience than in the UK.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 29 December 2007, 18:18:19 »

Problem is there wasn't a middle lane. 2 Lanes, one limited to 56 by lots of trucks, too many to allow anyone to pull in, and one with a Merc constantly pushing you along at a ton plus, with people pulling out in front at 56 to overtake said trucks. :o

Maybe I haven't been lucky in the German roads and traffic conditions I encountered but had the same conditions been recreated in the Uk there would have been carnage, a sign that they pay more attention to the road ahead if nothing else.

.. and I haven't mentioned the Taxi journey I once took from Munich airport, in thick fog, where the driver insisted in driving at 130 (MPH). :o

Kevin

Baron Von Spongebob

• Omega Baron
  • South Wales
  • Living the dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 29 December 2007, 18:20:37 »

Problem is there wasn't a middle lane. 2 Lanes, one limited to 56 by lots of trucks, too many to allow anyone to pull in, and one with a Merc constantly pushing you along at a ton plus, with people pulling out in front at 56 to overtake said trucks. :o

Maybe I haven't been lucky in the German roads and traffic conditions I encountered but had the same conditions been recreated in the Uk there would have been carnage, a sign that they pay more attention to the road ahead if nothing else.

.. and I haven't mentioned the Taxi journey I once took from Munich airport, in thick fog, where the driver insisted in driving at 130 (MPH). :o

Kevin

It can be a problem on the 2 lane roads i agree.. :y

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #29 on: 30 December 2007, 07:32:46 »

Kevin

Ahhh.....here we have an example of a thoughtful and considerate Taxi driver.......he obviously didnt want you to be late  ;) ;D
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 19 queries.