Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: welcome to the brave new world  (Read 1774 times)

miggy

Re: welcome to the brave new world
« Reply #15 on: 29 December 2007, 20:40:06 »

On a long drive I will eat something or have a quick swig of drink.

Yeh, break um, problem is its the pocket and licence that suffers, they know they have us, we just need to bend over and let them do a proper job.

tinkers, they really break me off, some t"at is sat behind a desk, thinking on what can he do now to break the motorist off.

Martin_1962

« Reply #16 on: 29 December 2007, 20:57:43 »

if you get caught bud you will get a fine and poss points this is the naffe country we live in !!  >:(

Like I'm on a motorway and get a bit peckish - bye bye sarnie!

Safer than being hungry

Martin_1962

« Reply #17 on: 29 December 2007, 21:00:01 »

Yeh, break um, problem is its the pocket and licence that suffers, they know they have us, we just need to bend over and let them do a proper job.

tinkers, they really break me off, some t"at is sat behind a desk, thinking on what can he do now to break the motorist off.

This is why a revolution is required, Eric Blair was only 23 years early with his book.

miggy

« Reply #18 on: 29 December 2007, 21:01:31 »

if you get caught bud you will get a fine and poss points this is the naffe country we live in !!  >:(

There are worse around the world, belive me. for its bad points i still love this country to bits, the union jack flows through my veins.

Jay w

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth/Poole
  • omega gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 29 December 2007, 21:07:32 »

now here's a thought.

you are driving up the motorway and encounter a traffic jam, everything grinds to a halt.
Am i allowed to have a drink and a bite then?

Or.......

is there any rule that says my wife can't feed me whilst i am driving?

miggy

« Reply #20 on: 29 December 2007, 21:09:59 »

now here's a thought.

you are driving up the motorway and encounter a traffic jam, everything grinds to a halt.
Am i allowed to have a drink and a bite then?

Or.......

is there any rule that says my wife can't feed me whilst i am driving?

you cannot talk on the phone as it is supposed to take away your attention.......what about when talking to your passengers...........it just goes on and on.

theolodian

• Omega Baron
  • Warwickshire
  • I need a new avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 29 December 2007, 21:25:47 »

If it was really dangerous, shouldn't they get out of the van and do something about it?  I'm sorry, but a cop hiding in a camera van still isn't a useful police presence.  It's half-assed prevention.

I want to see the police force get sued when they send a ticket to someone that killed someone else 30 minutes down the road.  See how they get reamed for knowingly allowing a dangerous driver to continue on.
« Last Edit: 29 December 2007, 21:26:32 by theolodian »
Trains may have been invented here, but public transport is a foreign concept!

miggy

« Reply #22 on: 29 December 2007, 21:27:25 »

If it was really dangerous, shouldn't they get out of the van and do something about it?  I'm sorry, but a cop hiding in a camera van still isn't a useful police presence.  It's half-assed prevention.

I want to see the police force get sued when they send a ticket to someone that killed someone else 30 minutes down the road.  See how they get reamed for knowingly allowing a dangerous driver to continue on.

Good point.

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 29 December 2007, 21:30:12 »

But thats how todays Police work, reactive not proactive
Retired

theolodian

• Omega Baron
  • Warwickshire
  • I need a new avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 29 December 2007, 21:32:53 »

But thats how todays Police work, reactive not proactive
And it works well, doesn't it!?  ::)
Trains may have been invented here, but public transport is a foreign concept!

Nickbat

« Reply #25 on: 29 December 2007, 22:20:30 »

There are worse around the world, belive me. for its bad points i still love this country to bits, the union jack flows through my veins.

Well, that's how I WANT to think, but it's hard to love a country that's being systematically destroyed by this administration. OK, I don't want to be too political and I'm sure some of you think otherwise, but back in the days when a certain woman was in charge and our task force was battling to get back a piece of land that had been invaded on the other side of the world, I felt proud to be British. No, not just for that action, but the fact that:

1) we had a military that was well-funded and deeply respected by the government of the time.
2) we had a police force that commanded respect (when will that Met Commissioner Blair go?)
3) we had one of the world's finest airlines
4) we had thriving pubs (going to wall at an alarming rate, now)
5) you had freedom to use terms freely without fear of offence
6) you weren't constantly being tracked by CCTV (we now have more than the rest of the world combined, apparently)
7) there was less street crime
8) youngsters still had respect for their elders
etc, etc.

OK, I know it's common for people of a certain age to think that things were better as they used to be, but in this case I really think there were. Yes, I am grateful for the advances in medicine etc., but I am only commenting on the political transformation of our society.

Revolution? I wish. Trouble is, there is no nucleus for the opinions that have been expressed on this thread and elsewhere.  

amigov6

« Reply #26 on: 29 December 2007, 22:38:33 »

I still love this country to bits but we need a shake up to put the GREAT back into Britain. Seems we're not allowed to show some backbone anymore.
     Shall we set up a party for the next general election?!!!!!!!! ::)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 29 December 2007, 22:58:46 »

It looks to me like normal Daily Mail sensationalism to be honest. So, the Police can record things on video and play them back? What's new there? Someone has conned them into spending silly money on a new video camera (and I doubt it's got anything to do with "DVDs"!) but I don't see what is going to make such a massive difference.

As far as I understand it, eating a sandwich at the wheel is only something which could be taken into account if it resulted in your driving being impaired, i.e. it's not eating the sandwich they need to detect, it's the fact that you nearly ran over a pedestrian in the process.

TBH, I think if it helps traffic cops more effectively detect mobile phone use and other offences whilst driving it's a good idea, but only if they pull the offenders over and give them a viewing of their video complete vith verbal dressing-down and fixed penalty ticket. Policing by post simply doesn't work as the speed cameras have proved.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

sassanach

• Omega Knight
  • trowbridge
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 30 December 2007, 19:22:54 »

Although the system includes laser speed estimation for the automatic generation of ordinary speeding tickets, the DVD writing capacity is ideal for writing a large volume of £60 (US $120) "dangerous driving" tickets to non-speeding motorists who show disrespect toward cameras by offering a "V-sign"    quote from "the newspaper.com"

Martin_1962

« Reply #29 on: 30 December 2007, 20:18:53 »

Although the system includes laser speed estimation for the automatic generation of ordinary speeding tickets, the DVD writing capacity is ideal for writing a large volume of £60 (US $120) "dangerous driving" tickets to non-speeding motorists who show disrespect toward cameras by offering a "V-sign"    quote from "the newspaper.com"

THat is NOT dangerous driving so fight it >:(
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 19 queries.