Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: WEF  (Read 3483 times)

Migalot

• London
    • Omega 2.6 2002
    • View Profile
Re: WEF
« Reply #45 on: 13 August 2022, 21:42:25 »

Well, that was an illuminating Saturday.

Being most concerned about the future for my kids specifically and humanity in general, i thought I would see how others viewed my concerns. I was hoping for an adult discussion and thought there may have been some fellow critical thinkers out there.

How wrong I was! Bar a couple of comments, most have been sarcastic and rudely dismissive – which says more about the posters than it does about me.

Of course I am not a member of the clique on here and, worst still, I actually own a Vauxhall Omega. ::)

Note to self: Keep well away. 

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 13 August 2022, 22:07:44 »

Well, that was an illuminating Saturday.

Being most concerned about the future for my kids specifically and humanity in general, i thought I would see how others viewed my concerns. I was hoping for an adult discussion and thought there may have been some fellow critical thinkers out there.

How wrong I was! Bar a couple of comments, most have been sarcastic and rudely dismissive – which says more about the posters than it does about me.

Of course I am not a member of the clique on here and, worst still, I actually own a Vauxhall Omega. ::)

Note to self: Keep well away.
Boo hoo. Come onto the forum trying to 'enlighten' us with the biggest load of shite I've heard for a good while, get the rebuttal you richly deserve and then act like the injured party. Save your ridiculous conspiracy theories for the deluded people who like to latch on to such nonsense, Saturday evening on a car forum is not the place for such idiocy.
The replies you received are exactly what I'd expect from reasonable people who are sick to the back teeth of listening to inadequates who are always looking to cause unrest.
If your life is so empty that you have to look for deeper meaning, take your own advice, keep well away (from normal thinking people).
« Last Edit: 13 August 2022, 22:19:01 by STEMO »
Diesel till I die

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 14 August 2022, 10:14:28 »

For acceptance, you could read apathy.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 14 August 2022, 10:18:44 »

Most of the world’s population will ignore this load of bullshit and just get on in trying to survive famine, drought, energy costs, disease, climate change and war.  No government  in at least the democratic part will continue to get votes if it were, in some form of farce, to push on with those reforms. Even the likes of China will not go along with it as it would take power and money await from their elite.

It is just a joke, but no doubt a few nutters will believe it all! ::) ::) :P
Acceptance is a disease of the middle class.

Really?  History does not support that point of view.  The French Revolution was backed by the middle classes, and the major protests in the U.K., like The Chartist Movement, The Suffragette Movement,  ‘Ban the Bomb’ , Protests Against the Vietnam War,  Stop The War in Iraq, Protests Against Fracking, let alone local protests against all kinds of local issues, are fuelled by the middle, professional classes, as they are the most motivated to protest, have the means to do so, and crucially have the time to do so. ;)

LZ, you seem to forget that this time it's different, largely due to the fact that most are too busy to be critical thinkers and instead take their "news" directly from the MSM, particularly the BBC. Those outlets effectively lie by omission. How much coverage has their been about the farmers; protests in Holland, Germany, Spain and Italy? How much coverage was given to the truckers protest in Canada earlier on this year?

The middle class masses are less politically involved than in the past and continue to believe that the governments of the world have their citizens' best interests at heart.

BTW, did you watch that Neil Oliver video I posted? Just an hour ago, he gave another excellent monologue on GB News. He is a brilliant historian and may I suggest that, as a fellow historian, you afford him a degree of credence?

You think so? ::)

I believe that the opposite is true. People in the democratic world are now trusting their political leaders far less than before, and believe they are regularly being fed lies. They really do doubt their credibility and are now questioning them as never before.  In fact it is that which threatens our way of life more than anything else, along with Russia and China, not the WEF.

And, yes, I watched all the way through the JP video and it scared me not.  It was just an entertaining take on what they MAY be up to, but no more than what our governments MAY be up to.  The Nazi propaganda films from the 1930’s still scare me more than this.  To be realistic, it is us , the democratic voters who will decide what happens next, not any quasi secret government society.  It was once the Church and Monarchy that organised and controlled the peoples lives before they woke up to the injustices of that regime.  People gradually wrestled power away from those controllers of lives, and democracy rose up.  I just do not believe that the people of today, as opposed to the past, with the vast benefits of education, freely available literature, the internet, and, yes, the media as a whole with free speech actively engaged in,  will allow a takeover of our lives by any committee or forum.  Any suggestion of the opposite is just wild scaremongering, and goes down the conspiracy route, which is always bullshit.

Providing no guns or bombs are involved, we will carry on.  To repeat,  it is the threats from China and Russia, coupled with a weakly led USA, and Europe, that could change the world order.  That is of far greater concern as we see starvation and drought spread across the world, which will be made far worse by War.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 14 August 2022, 13:05:28 »

https://youtu.be/pyWhjfRMwyI

I think this is part of what Migalot is concerned about.....and we need to be careful that we don't sleepwalk into it.

Cash may soon be resigned to history and the money we earn may not be hours to spend as we wish, on what we wish.

As things stand we can spend our money on whatever we chose. Under a CBDC system this may no longer be a given.

It may not happen but..... :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 14 August 2022, 13:23:52 »

https://youtu.be/NXyzpMDtpSE

This is interesting. Of course nobody in China dare say a bad word......just like Big Brother in 1984 could not be challenged. ::)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 14 August 2022, 16:11:04 »

I think this is part of what Migalot is concerned about.....and we need to be careful that we don't sleepwalk into it.

Cash may soon be resigned to history and the money we earn may not be hours to spend as we wish, on what we wish.

As things stand we can spend our money on whatever we chose. Under a CBDC system this may no longer be a given.

Has anyone tried to take a largish amount of cash out the bank recently?  ???

Last year I took out a couple of grand from my Nationwide account and the spotty yoof insisted on knowing what it was for. Initially, I refused to tell him, but realised it was bank policy so told him it was to buy a car. Even then he wanted to know why I couldn't transfer the money into the sellers account.  ::)

He relented and gave me my money when I politely told him that if he refused to give me my money, I'd close the account and take out ALL my money.  :)

I wish I'd told him it was for coke and hookers now.  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 14 August 2022, 16:19:06 »

https://youtu.be/NXyzpMDtpSE

This is interesting. Of course nobody in China dare say a bad word......just like Big Brother in 1984 could not be challenged. ::)

People worldwide have some sort of covid app on their phones these days, which could easily be mandated ad turned into a digital ID coupled with a social credit system.  :-\

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 14 August 2022, 16:21:17 »

Move along now, nothing to see here!  ::)

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 14 August 2022, 16:37:08 »

Has anyone tried to take a largish amount of cash out the bank recently?  ???

Last year I took out a couple of grand from my Nationwide account and the spotty yoof insisted on knowing what it was for. Initially, I refused to tell him, but realised it was bank policy so told him it was to buy a car. Even then he wanted to know why I couldn't transfer the money into the sellers account.  ::)

He relented and gave me my money when I politely told him that if he refused to give me my money, I'd close the account and take out ALL my money.  :)

I wish I'd told him it was for coke and hookers now.  ;D
It's the same if you want to transfer money to someone else. The amount of scrutiny that the transaction throws up is about four levels. As it's making sure that it's not money laundering or fraud/scamming, i think it's a good thing. Plty the government didn't do it when all those dodgy Russian mafia types were buying up most of London is a shame.  :-X

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 14 August 2022, 16:51:45 »

Move along now, nothing to see here!  ::)
A proper leftie SLady bitssthorpe rogues gallery...
Onanists always think outside the box.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 14 August 2022, 17:20:16 »

Its a pity they arent doing proper scrutiny now on all those " Turkish" (actually Albanian) barbers that litter every high street, that everyone knows are fronts for money laundering.
I suppose its easier to try and make ordinary people justify why they want access to their own honestly earned money.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 14 August 2022, 17:25:08 »

Klaus Schwab is like a deranged Bond Villain. All he needs is a white cat to stroke as he 'builds a new world'

For people who didn't like the EU because of the power it had (still has) over UK decision making. The WEF is even more undemocratic.

« Last Edit: 14 August 2022, 17:27:51 by Field Marshal Dr. Opti »

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 14 August 2022, 17:26:49 »

Its a pity they arent doing proper scrutiny now on all those " Turkish" (actually Albanian) barbers that litter every high street, that everyone knows are fronts for money laundering.
I suppose its easier to try and make ordinary people justify why they want access to their own honestly earned money.

Turkish barbers and grooming gangs are left well alone.  ::)

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 14 August 2022, 17:49:51 »

Personally I've never had any problems transferring cash to other people's accounts or drawing cash out from Nationwide or Barclays, perhaps I just look honest.😎
« Last Edit: 14 August 2022, 17:58:22 by Rangie »
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.