Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: ANOTHER Road Traffic accident  (Read 3934 times)

Tony H

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
  • Black Elites are luurvley
    • View Profile
Re: ANOTHER Road Traffic accident
« Reply #15 on: 17 January 2008, 21:12:34 »

Glad to here your o.k James, as Broocie said injury caused by that sort of collision can sometimes take several days to manifest itself. best to see the doc just to get checked out
Be aware of mole holes be very aware!

zippo

• Omega Baron
  • manchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 17 January 2008, 21:34:44 »

sorry to hear your accident hope that you still feel fine in the morning

amigov6

« Reply #17 on: 17 January 2008, 21:37:36 »

:(Wow. Stuff just seems to happen to you does'nt it? Witch Hazel is great for bruises /sprains etc. (old ones are the best )
    Do you know whether the Mig is repairable yet? In these days of Cat C,D, etc even if you repair the cosmetic damage it's Cat'd & drops in value. I guess i'm preaching to the converted but take this into account regarding any claims. No matter what the ins. offer you turn it down & ask for for more. As you said it was a non fault accident.
    Keep us posted. :y

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 17 January 2008, 21:39:02 »

Really sorry to hear that, James :(

At least you are OK, as everyone has said.

As everyone has also said, get to the docs. Emma had a whiplash accident 5 years ago and still gets pain occasionally. Whilst I don't condone ambulance chasing, they wouldn't offer her anywhere near what her car was worth (to her) so she decided to claim for her injuries where normally she wouldn't and it made up for it.

:( again.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 17 January 2008, 21:44:50 »

On to the practical aspects:

Is your car driveable?

If possible, take posession of it so you're holding the cards with respect to what they do with it - in case it's something they'd write off but you could repair. Depends on the damage, of course.

If it's written off, remember that your insurance probably won't cover the LPG kit, so inform the 3rd party insurers that you either remove it from your car or you claim from them for it as an uninsured loss. If the worst comes to the worst we can drop it into another car in a weekend. :y

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Martin_1962

« Reply #20 on: 17 January 2008, 23:53:38 »

1) See the doctor asap, do not be afraid of claiming - you need the money

2) Car, how bad? Insist on repair failing that you want to strip it first

Paul M

• Omega Knight
  • Edinburgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 18 January 2008, 00:51:51 »

What a sod, sorry to hear that. Hopefully the damage is nothing more than mild cosmetic, otherwise they may write it off as it seems the easiest option for insurance companies recently.

Amigov6 it will only be listed as CatD if the insurance company deems it an uneconomical repair -- that is, they write it off and pay out the value but the owner (or someone else) buys it back and repairs it. If the insurance decide to repair themselves it's not listed.

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 18 January 2008, 07:41:54 »

Me -

I'm ok. I'm not really suffering today, but I will get an MOT to be sure.

The Omega -

What can I say, I'm glad I was in one  :D

Visually, at first I could see no damage at all. On a closer inspection, the exhaust had come off it's rubbers at the rear, and my bumper is cracked at the top. Not a large crack, but probs about 30cm long and definately wasn't there before!

I called my local friendly garage after the bang, and asked them to pop the Miggy up on the ramps to see if they could see any damage. A couple of their Mechanics were under my car for a while, and they cannot see any problems other than the said bumper. Structurally it looks fine, and I also had a good look while up in the air.

Later on this morning, it is being checked again by an accident repair to be totally sure, and I will get a report.

I have not yet informed insurance company. Given that I am fine, and if the car damage really is definately only cosmetic, I am considering letting the other driver buy me another bumper, and calling it quits.

I REALLY don't want an accident against my record, even if it is a non fault one.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 18 January 2008, 08:26:20 »

Me -

The Omega -

Visually, at first I could see no damage at all. On a closer inspection, the exhaust had come off it's rubbers at the rear, and my bumper is cracked at the top. Not a large crack, but probs about 30cm long and definately wasn't there before!

I called my local friendly garage after the bang, and asked them to pop the Miggy up on the ramps to see if they could see any damage. A couple of their Mechanics were under my car for a while, and they cannot see any problems other than the said bumper. Structurally it looks fine, and I also had a good look while up in the air.

Later on this morning, it is being checked again by an accident repair to be totally sure, and I will get a report.

I have not yet informed insurance company. Given that I am fine, and if the car damage really is definately only cosmetic, I am considering letting the other driver buy me another bumper, and calling it quits.

I REALLY don't want an accident against my record, even if it is a non fault one.

Report it now!

Don't tit around, you are actually contractually obliged to report all accidents to your insurance company.

You pay your premium, let them sort it out.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 18 January 2008, 08:26:21 »

You need to inform insurance if the other party is - they will find out anyway, and you may invalidate otherwise.  That bumper will be £400 anyway.

A 'no fault' won't affect premiums, but may impact your ability to buy online.
Grumpy old man

VX1

• Omega Baron
  • Reading, Berkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 18 January 2008, 08:47:45 »

Also you need to report it to the police as well within 24 hrs. If you are not hurt the other party may be and she could claim against you for injury. i know it stinks like that but it does happen, at least if you do it the third party don't have a leg to stand on if she tries to make a claim against you if she hasn't reported it.

As for your car it may only look cosmetic BUT the insurance assesor may think otherwise so get intouch with the insurance company to inform them. Like TB has said it may invalidate you insurance if you dont.
Glad that your ok but as said dont delay in seeing the quack best be safe than sorry.

Paul  :y
Vx Trade club card holder
Halfords trade card holder

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #26 on: 18 January 2008, 09:05:09 »

as the others say , report the evidence, later she may not accept as happened to me >:(

may be a good idea , detail check for rear door gaps , front door gaps

and backside camber ,caster measurements , diagonal distance measurements from under rear..

Hoping only bumper is effected..  :(

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
« Reply #27 on: 18 January 2008, 09:28:25 »

Me -

The Omega -

Report it now!

Don't tit around, you are actually contractually obliged to report all accidents to your insurance company.

You pay your premium, let them sort it out.

what he said!! SWMBO had the same no fult shunt a few months ago and her renewals are in this month and her premium is down....the key is the "no fault" part!!

Glad your okay.. :y
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 18 January 2008, 09:39:08 »

Ahhh fek James :(

At least you were in a nice big Omega, which would have done well i would have thought.

What was the state of the punto compared to the megga?

I backed into a '07 plate passat at Birminham Airport, i had a hairline crack in my bumper.... i did of £2,000 worth of damage to the passat!! cracked the bumper, dented the wing, damaged headlight.....

Martin_1962

« Reply #29 on: 18 January 2008, 10:35:46 »

No fault accidents are not a problem with insurance - fault ones are!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 19 queries.