Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Manually turning crank to clean lifter follower!  (Read 461 times)

TestOmega

• Mississauga, Canada
  • Been helped, will help.
    • View Profile
Manually turning crank to clean lifter follower!
« on: 08 September 2010, 15:04:18 »

Just wondering if there is benefit to manually turning crank for 6 to 12 revolutions to push out gunk from lifters followers!  My lifters are noisy on start up in the right bank.  I have added the lifter treatment and so far while driving for about 60 miles it has not fully solved the issue.

My car is quiet but occasionally makes tapping noises when warming up.  When I changed the cambelt two weeks ago, I turned the crank few times to get timing perfect.  When I started it tapped for a few minutes and then settled to be quiet.

Just not experienced enough to get the lifter/followers out to clean up unless these can be accessed without removing the cam but just the cam cover.

Thanks any comments and suggestions of experience appreciated.

PS:  The concept is that as you manually turn the crank slowly it could have the effect of squeezing out the bad stuff just like in the OOF maintenance guide which actually will ensure 100% correctness but quite involved for novice like me.
« Last Edit: 08 September 2010, 15:28:32 by TestOmega »
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  May I be blessed to give more than I receive  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 21 queries.