Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Haynes Manual  (Read 3759 times)

Clive of India

• Omega 2.5TD
    • View Profile
Haynes Manual
« on: 27 June 2012, 22:23:55 »

Hi Guys

Can anyone help me out here please, I’ve got an Omega 2.5TD year 2000 and I understand they have BMW engines in them as standard.
I’ve been told that Haynes does a manual which at least covers the BMW engine, which I understand is an M51 and the year would be 1993-4 to 2001 N reg – X reg.

Question can someone possible tell me what the ISBN number is for this particular manual as I’m having difficulty in finding it.

Many thanks

Clive

feeutfo

Re: Haynes Manual
« Reply #1 on: 27 June 2012, 23:13:43 »

There is only one Haynes manual for all models. Doesn't cover all models though.

Cheers

John from Mombai. ;)

Oh, and Welcome to Oof btw.  :)

Regards

Martin from Bombay. ;)
« Last Edit: 27 June 2012, 23:15:19 by chrisgixer »

Clive of India

• Omega 2.5TD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27 June 2012, 23:21:07 »

Hi Martin

Sorry I don't understand as there is a manual for series 3 another for series 5 plus seperate manual for petrol engines and others for diesels.

Cheers

Clive

freecall666

• Omega Knight
  • looking over your shoulder
  • fun for all, get with the program
    • 2.0l sweat tank on wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 June 2012, 23:27:11 »

have you been on haynes site. ask them for the cover just the engine. there is an e-mail address to ask them.
Solar charger fitted.
If not Broke dont fix it..

Clive of India

• Omega 2.5TD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27 June 2012, 23:59:12 »

Thanks for that Omega Knight

I've just sent them a message, guess its a case of waiting now, if they do one and I can get hold of the ISBN I'll post it on here.

Cheers

Clive

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28 June 2012, 00:08:31 »

Hi Guys

Can anyone help me out here please, I’ve got an Omega 2.5TD year 2000 and I understand they have BMW engines in them as standard.
I’ve been told that Haynes does a manual which at least covers the BMW engine, which I understand is an M51 and the year would be 1993-4 to 2001 N reg – X reg.

Question can someone possible tell me what the ISBN number is for this particular manual as I’m having difficulty in finding it.

Many thanks

Clive
http://images.omegaowners.com/documents/25TD/M51D25_Engine.pdf
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

Clive of India

• Omega 2.5TD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 28 June 2012, 19:45:50 »

Hi Guys

Below is a copy of an e-mail which I sent to manualenquiry@haynes.co.uk together with their reply which I received on 28th June 2012.

Hi

Can you help me please, I've been told that you market a manual which covers the  M51 engine which is a 6 cylinder 2.5TD, which I understand is fitted in the BMW 525TD, the Range Rover P38TD and my own car which is a Vauxhall Omega 2.5TD.

If so where can I order one from and what is the ISBN for it?

Many thanks

Clive

Dear Clive,

Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding a Service and Repair Manual for your Omega. I have spoken to our Technical department and they have informed me the we unfortunately do not produce a Manual for this particular engine and we have no plans to do so within the next 12-18 months.

However, all of our customer requests are recorded and used in the decision making process of future Manual publications/updates.

You could try contacting your local dealer to see if he can be of assistance or looking on the internet at any owners forums.

I am sorry for any inconvenience.

Kind regards

Elaine Sparkes

Customer Services Co-ordinator

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #7 on: 28 June 2012, 22:02:10 »

Hi Guys

Many thanks

Clive
http://images.omegaowners.com/documents/25TD/M51D25_Engine.pdf

Cheaper than Haynes mate - just cost of paper & printer ink  ;)

By the way where do you live in India, Clive   ??? ??? ??? :) ;)
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 29 June 2012, 12:24:55 »

Grumpy old man

Clive of India

• Omega 2.5TD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 29 June 2012, 23:18:00 »

Hi dbug

The first part of my name is true the rest of it is a nom de plume  :), having watched Ice Road Truckers on the ledge I don't think I'd fancy living in India, actually I'm living on the same island as yourself in sunny Staffordshire  ;D

The link that you gave me, what can I say absolutely brilliant, I have to say it takes me right back to when Haynes Manuals used to have exploded views and cut through views in them or better still the old Ex Works Manuals which car owners could buy.
I think I've still got some kicking around on the A55 Cambridge and the Hunter Range of cars (Humber Sceptre Etc).

Can I ask where did you manage to find the pdf on the engine if your at liberty to say.
They say you can find out how to make a bomb on the internet, I'm hopeless at trying find anything.

Thanks again for your help

Clive

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #10 on: 29 June 2012, 23:42:09 »

Hi dbug

The first part of my name is true the rest of it is a nom de plume  :), having watched Ice Road Truckers on the ledge I don't think I'd fancy living in India, actually I'm living on the same island as yourself in sunny Staffordshire  ;D

The link that you gave me, what can I say absolutely brilliant, I have to say it takes me right back to when Haynes Manuals used to have exploded views and cut through views in them or better still the old Ex Works Manuals which car owners could buy.
I think I've still got some kicking around on the A55 Cambridge and the Hunter Range of cars (Humber Sceptre Etc).

Can I ask where did you manage to find the pdf on the engine if your at liberty to say.
They say you can find out how to make a bomb on the internet, I'm hopeless at trying find anything.

Thanks again for your help

Clive

Glad you found pdf of use - however not my link so can't take the glory - you need to thank RobG (and TB for the 2nd link)  :y

By the way my comment re India was a send up  ::)
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 19 queries.