Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Rear springs elite and broken middle section exhaust studs  (Read 2476 times)

chrisio, Mr Skrunts, Nick W, cam.in.head and 28 Guests are viewing this topic.

grifter

• Paisley, Scotland
  • Omega Baron
    • Omega 2.6 CD / Elite 3.2
    • View Profile

If your going to remove the S/L dampers, I could be interested in them if they are reasonably useable.  :y
If you do that you must change from S/L spec springs. They are far too soft to stay on the car with normal spec dampers.
As mentioned above, rear springs are a bit of a nightmare to get right. The ones currently on the rear of my car have the rear sitting too high.
I seem to remember Doc Gollum recommending Kielen heavy duty for the rear, so will probably investigate that option when I get around to it.

The rear shocks have pipes leading up to them but they are not connected to them so assuming it's standard shocks on them. I'll need to have a look at shocks see if I can see any ID on them.

I had a look at Kilen springs and they only list non SL ones so imagine Dg was talking about changing over to non SL stuff.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile

S/L  should be easy to spot. A little valve on the side of each one for the pipes to connect to, and a thick bladder which inflates when air is pumped in.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 23 queries.