Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: It's BACK with a couple of gremlins  (Read 974 times)

bexandpower

• norwich
    • View Profile
It's BACK with a couple of gremlins
« on: 19 December 2006, 18:34:16 »

Ok so a month later i FINALLY get my car back working WOOHOOO! But to my utter astonishment *sarc* there are a couple of things wrong with it. They gave me and advisory list which said that the rocker covers need replacing, the throttly body bolt needs replacing and there is a wire near the alternator that has broken. I have since found out they were not talking about the trottle body but the first section of the multi-ram at the front of the engine bay, i have not checked the wire near the alternator yet but i will. As for the rocker covers well sometime in the new year i will replace them. The one worrying thing though whilst the missus was driving to work the airbag light came on how would i find out how to fix this or even what is wrong with it????? got to get under the car later this week anyway to check out this broken wire.

p.s. it WAS 2 bent valves just took the garage a while to come roung to the idea!

Eliteman Steve

• Brighton
    • View Profile
Re: It's BACK with a couple of gremlins
« Reply #1 on: 19 December 2006, 20:50:22 »

Glad you got the car sorted mate ;) , rocker covers are a doddle , but be sure to do the breathers at the same time! Otherwise will be a waste of time!!! >:(

Think airbag light might be a tec 2 jobbie , but I'm sure someone with more knowledge will be along to correct me if I'm wrong ;D ;D

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19 December 2006, 20:55:49 »

A cheap Tech2 lead can do the airbag reset...find out what bit you need on the front multiram and I will see what I have in the 'stores'

bexandpower

• norwich
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19 December 2006, 21:35:52 »

the 'stores' ey got that many spare bits??? lol yeah a cheap tech 2 could do it would you recon its a problem or just a sensor malfunctioning?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 December 2006, 09:51:01 »

The airbag light will be on for a reason, and ideally need to find this cause.  Reading codes from airbag system is only possible with certain code readers, ie real tech2, or cheapo tech2 lead from ebay for around £40 sometimes has success.

9 times out of 10, its usually wiring underneath the seat giving poor connections.

However, once light is on, you need the code reader to reset - it wont go out on its own....
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 18 queries.