Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tuning 'Chip'???  (Read 1181 times)

omegaman

• View Profile
Tuning 'Chip'???
« on: 09 January 2007, 19:21:51 »

Been looking at these for a while on eBay........

Has anyone tried them, and if so are they any good?? I probably wouldnt buy this one, the seller is registered as being in Jordan, yet the chip is in Germany....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/chip-tuning-for-vauxhall-omega-2-5-V6_W0QQitemZ320069608574QQihZ011QQcategoryZ32094QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Bouncy Castle in Carlisle
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
Re: Tuning 'Chip'???
« Reply #1 on: 09 January 2007, 20:58:01 »

20 bhp for £38 - doubtful.  My engine's too small to be chipped but if you do a search here there was a discussion about them before christmas that you may find useful.  ;)
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu

omegaman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10 January 2007, 14:57:42 »

Thanks mate I'll have a bit of a search around.... I thought it seemed a bit cheap for that amount of extra BHP but who knows.....

Glenn

• Oxfordshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10 January 2007, 19:15:52 »

I got my 3 litre chip off Ebay, from Berlin, £35, works fine, quite a noticable difference, well worth it. :)

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10 January 2007, 19:51:55 »

I had a "chip" on my old 3.0 elite and it was rather good. :)

I had mine off Mtekperformance (he's a member here) and although it cost quite a bit more, £135ish, it was matched exactly to my ecu so I knew I was getting the correct mapping.
Also I knew the chip was from Collins Power Engineering who are very well known and respected for their products in this field.

Customer service was excellent too.

Oh, and I'll be fitting another one to my current elite (and probably the MV6 :D) within the next few weeks. :)

However saying all that, gpb seems happy enough with his, and nothing bad has happened yet.

The Administrator.

omegafan

• Edinburgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11 January 2007, 06:35:46 »

Where exactly do you find your ECU number. I am interested in trying the chip as it is pretty cheap but he quotes  ECU: 0261204589 Chipnumber: 1037357874 and I want to make sure I have the same one before committing to buying. From what I can find it seems to be a 3 litre ECU, any one any ideas if this is definately for a 2.5 V6 ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.