Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Drink driving  (Read 6331 times)

STEMO

Re: Drink driving
« Reply #30 on: 27 April 2016, 20:54:37 »

Some ar*e got into the wrong lane at jct44 of A14 this afternoon, realised he wanted to go to Cambridge, (westbound). Came right across to inside lane in front of me, scared SWMBO sh*tless. Must have missed me by a foot, if that. >:(
Was a big BMW 4x4, was so shocked i didn,t get the number. Probably trying to go round the bus that was behind me and the didn,t fancy going all the way round the junction, inc 4 sets of lights, so carved me up instead. Tosser! and relax aahhh.
What good is 'getting the number'?

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 27 April 2016, 21:01:51 »

Some ar*e got into the wrong lane at jct44 of A14 this afternoon, realised he wanted to go to Cambridge, (westbound). Came right across to inside lane in front of me, scared SWMBO sh*tless. Must have missed me by a foot, if that. >:(
Was a big BMW 4x4, was so shocked i didn,t get the number. Probably trying to go round the bus that was behind me and the didn,t fancy going all the way round the junction, inc 4 sets of lights, so carved me up instead. Tosser! and relax aahhh.

A normal everyday occurrence, I see every day. Most common is lane 3 to the slip road, when they look up from there phone, as sat nav says to them "exit 100m"  :P.
Hoof'land storeman.

STEMO

« Reply #32 on: 27 April 2016, 22:13:12 »

The 'laws of the road' have changed somewhat over the years, it's more like 'every man for himself' now. And cameras won't stop it.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 27 April 2016, 22:25:00 »

Have to agree cameras won't stop anything of the sort as they can't detect such behaviour.Sadly there are nowhere near enough police patrols to act as a deterrent anymore.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 23 queries.